PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Bad-Seinfeld connection

Valuist
12-18-2013, 09:27 AM
I was extremely late to the Breaking Bad party. My wife and I bought the first 3 seasons on DVD about a month ago and we're in season 3. One thing has stood out: the number of actors/actresses who made appearances on Seinfeld that are in the show. So far, I've seen 3. But according to this You Tube link, there's 7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJXOXhbtSAg

FantasticDan
12-18-2013, 10:42 AM
Whatley! :D

I always thought Milos should've been a recurring character.. :ThmbUp:

ArlJim78
12-18-2013, 12:12 PM
you're going to want to get seasons 4 and 5 as well, it got better each year imo. I bought the whole series collectors set, came in a little barrel with hours of behind the scenes extras.

Cranston is an exceptional talent. To go from fluffy comedic roles, like Tim Whatley, the father in Malcom in the middle, or the next door neighbor on King of Queens (The Sacksky's), to the dark, complex and evil Walter White. not easy.

Valuist
01-05-2014, 06:43 PM
you're going to want to get seasons 4 and 5 as well, it got better each year imo. I bought the whole series collectors set, came in a little barrel with hours of behind the scenes extras.

Cranston is an exceptional talent. To go from fluffy comedic roles, like Tim Whatley, the father in Malcom in the middle, or the next door neighbor on King of Queens (The Sacksky's), to the dark, complex and evil Walter White. not easy.

Just finished up the final season. What a great show. I liked the Sopranos, but Breaking Bad is an even better dramatic show.

ManU918
01-05-2014, 08:07 PM
I thought Breaking Bad was good but way overrated.

PhantomOnTour
01-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Whatley! :D

I always thought Milos should've been a recurring character.. :ThmbUp:
Jerry: Hey Tim, what's up?
Tim: I'll tell what's up Jerry. I'm a Jew, that's what's up.

Valuist
01-06-2014, 12:15 PM
Jerry: Hey Tim, what's up?
Tim: I'll tell what's up Jerry. I'm a Jew, that's what's up.

Whatley converts to Judaism for the jokes. Jerry is asked, as a Jewish person, does this offend him; "I'm not offended as a Jew but as a comedian".

FantasticDan
01-06-2014, 01:43 PM
The best of Whatley.. :D :p

5nz7khqenFU

Valuist
01-07-2014, 10:59 AM
How about Breaking Bad meets Malcolm in the Middle? The alternative ending, quite reminiscent of the Newhart finale:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtYNX3JWzjc

Rookies
01-07-2014, 11:05 AM

Agreed.

And I believe that is a critical component to why the ratings soared. If Cranston was previously an 'evil' character guy, the bar would have been higher. Because he was a klutz and a humour buffoon, it/he went off the charts!