PDA

View Full Version : Suspension for post game comment

wiffleball whizz
12-17-2013, 12:09 AM
Tucker or whoever the kicker is off the ravens should be out for the rest of the year for making a total gambling reference in the interview after the game....

He said I hope that helped all the fantasy players out there (6 fg)......

What's the difference if he said that he hopes that helped all the raven money line backers....

A comment like that should get him suspended rest of season in my opinion....billions of dollars are wagered in pathetic fantasy football and Is glorified or "cleaner" sports betting

Goodell should nail him to the cross for these statements.....

But don't have a team in Las Vegas cuz u can bet there but play all the fantasy football u want........

Another stink bomb in the nfl with those comments that will be laughed at...

Just imagine if a fg kicker said "hey hope u guys Who we're getting 6.5 appreciated us kicking 3 with 17 seconds left yo cut it to 6.........**** these guys

horses4courses
12-17-2013, 12:22 AM
I can't agree, whizz

The athletes (pro or college) that you need to really watch out for are the ones who would never be so transparent and honest.

I know for a fact that Seb Janikowski has associated with professional gamblers for years. Have I ever noticed him pulling anything shady on the field with regard to point shaving? No - not to my knowledge.

I'm all for transparency in sports wagering (fantasy or otherwise) when it comes to athletes. They need to be monitored and regulated. The way things are currently for the sports leagues is a sham.

Admittedly, they have bigger fish to fry with PEDs.
Eventually, though, it's time to quit pretending that sports wagering doesn't matter, or even exist.
It's time to legalize and regulate it.

proximity
12-17-2013, 12:24 AM
i need tucker to kick the ravens past new england and the bengals.

wiffleball whizz
12-17-2013, 12:33 AM
How can he make that comment.....double standard is a joke

NFL has there stupid fantasy commercials.....do they think people aren't gambling on these things.......

Fantasy football is sports betting

Oh.....and that fg prob cost me a 80 inch flat screen..... but that's neither here or there

wiffleball whizz
12-17-2013, 12:34 AM
i need tucker to kick the ravens past new england and the bengals.

Oh don't worry he will kick plenty of 3s cuz the stiff bag ravens can't get into end zone unless it's a fixed Viking game...or rehearsed Viking game

cj's dad
12-17-2013, 12:46 AM
Whiz- you really stop being a Raven hter - it is not helping your outlook

cj's dad
12-17-2013, 12:57 AM
Oh don't worry he will kick plenty of 3s cuz the stiff bag ravens can't get into end zone unless it's a fixed Viking game...or rehearsed Viking game

Whiz- you re looking foolish with posts like this- Flacco- 5 seasons in the NFL= 5 playoff appearences and a win in each year w8ith a SB victory last year! Joe is the real deal.

PhantomOnTour
12-17-2013, 01:03 AM
A huge win for Baltimore - what a kick

dav4463
12-17-2013, 01:05 AM
I thought it was funny. It makes him seem like one of us. .....just one of the guys.

thaskalos
12-17-2013, 01:39 AM
The Whizz must be running out of things to complain about... :)

proximity
12-17-2013, 01:58 AM
The Whizz must be running out of things to complain about... :)

don't, dare i say, bet on it. :D

Bettowin
12-17-2013, 02:46 AM
Don't tell me the Whiz went all in on under 5 field goals for the Ravens tonight? Say it ain't so!

MutuelClerk
12-17-2013, 07:34 AM
SOL.

wiffleball whizz
12-17-2013, 08:37 AM
Fuming.com

Didn't want the ravens to win this week so I could blast them agInst the patriots

Relwob Owner
12-17-2013, 08:47 AM
Tucker or whoever the kicker is off the ravens should be out for the rest of the year for making a total gambling reference in the interview after the game....

What's the difference if he said that he hopes that helped all the raven money line backers....

A comment like that should get him suspended rest of season in my opinion....billions of dollars are wagered in pathetic fantasy football and Is glorified or "cleaner" sports betting

But don't have a team in Las Vegas cuz u can bet there but play all the fantasy football u want........

Just imagine if a fg kicker said "hey hope u guys Who we're getting 6.5 appreciated us kicking 3 with 17 seconds left yo cut it to 6.........**** these guys

I think this post/thread is the one that will be more likely to be laughed at.....nothing wrong with what he said at all...."nail him to the cross?" Lighten up man

cj
12-17-2013, 09:04 AM

NFL has there stupid fantasy commercials.....do they think people aren't gambling on these things.......

Oh.....and that fg prob cost me a 80 inch flat screen..... but that's neither here or there

Tons of people play fantasy football with no gambling involved at all.

ronsmac
12-17-2013, 01:24 PM

I was like you , despised fantasy football. I joined a league this yr.as a favor to a friend. Now I'm in the championship.Our finals are week 16 and 17 which I thinks dumb. Anyway , I have a lot riding on these last two weeks if you know what I mean? So selfishly , my opinion has changed just a bit.

Robert Goren
12-17-2013, 03:31 PM

Just imagine if a fg kicker said "hey hope u guys Who we're getting 6.5 appreciated us kicking 3 with 17 seconds left yo cut it to 6.........**** these guysI know you hate fantasy football, so maybe you don't know. The NFL get a cut of online fantasy football and actively promotes it. They have created and keep stats that have use outside fantasy football. You may not like, but that is the way it is. The NFL is probably loving that guys comment. For the record, many active NFL players are also fantasy football players. They do not get in trouble for it.

Robert Goren
12-17-2013, 03:47 PM
The difference between regular gambling and fantasy is that there are people who have enough money riding on that kick that it makes it profitable to pay the kicker a lot of money just on the off chance that a situation might come up where making the kick would make a difference. The way Fantasy is set up, it highly unlikely that one person or one group of people could profit enough to pay off the kicker. I checked out the scores my league of ten teams this year ,we have had 2 games decide by the value of that FG. Most Fantasy match up are not close games.

Jay Trotter
12-17-2013, 06:10 PM
Dumbest thread start of your PA career Whizz! :lol: I hardly think there was anything nefarious in his comment.

reckless
12-17-2013, 06:29 PM
hey whiffle whizz...

Correct me if I am wrong but I am under the impression that the NFL is indeed in partnership with numerous sports web sites, newspaper sites and of course, both network TV and other sanctioned web sites and blogs pertaining to Fantasy League Football.

Rise Over Run
12-17-2013, 06:46 PM
Whizz's anti fantasy rants. :ThmbDown:
Whizz's anti Raven rants :ThmbDown:
Tucker's kick. :ThmbUp: and post game comments :lol:
fantasy football - gambling connection :confused:

whiz usually :ThmbUp:

I do agree the NFL can be hypocritical on many issues, just think you are way overboard here.

wiffleball whizz
12-17-2013, 07:38 PM
Ok guys after getting buried for 2 pages I was wrong.....

It won't happen again.....

It's gotta be bad when even SRU isn't running to my defense....

And cj I didn't know people played fantasy for free.....and I'm serious when I say that

sammy the sage
12-17-2013, 07:51 PM

And cj I didn't know people played fantasy for free.....and I'm serious when I say that

You got too MUCH salt in YOUR diet...cut back...it will clear your mind ;)

ronsmac
12-17-2013, 08:02 PM

Playing fantasy for free? What's the point?

wiffleball whizz
12-17-2013, 08:07 PM

That's why u are the sharpest poster on here.....I'd rather eat rat poison then play free fantasy football

I'm not gonna even start on the snow games going over last week and blowing up scoreboard in 2nd half.....must have been a phone call made....

I'm a little down on the nfl from a integrity standpoint.....but I am doing very well betting nfl this year.....buried on Saturdays though

Ronsmac sees the forest through the trees!!!!!! Cj too can't leave him out!!

proximity
12-17-2013, 08:32 PM
You got too MUCH salt in YOUR diet...cut back...it will clear your mind ;)

between work, poker, horses (t-bred AND harness), sports (pro, college, and probably some high school) , p.a. posting and contest scoring, furniture shopping, and weekly partying and fantasies trips with cj's dad..... i sometimes wonder when ww actually has time to eat!! :)

wiffleball whizz
12-17-2013, 08:41 PM
between work, poker, horses (t-bred AND harness), sports (pro, college, and probably some high school) , p.a. posting and contest scoring, furniture shopping, and weekly partying and fantasies trips with cj's dad..... i sometimes wonder when ww actually has time to eat!! :)

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.......I stuff my fat face at "Ann's dairy creme"

I bet either cj cjs dad ronsmac or definitny just Ralph know of this place...

I'm now retired from sunrise restaurant....gave them 4 tries at $35 a pop and wasn't happy either time....

I better get cracking on the results from this week.....I curious to see standing

cj's dad
12-17-2013, 09:26 PM

Just ralph, has never been to fantasies to set the record straight. And for the record, when the Whiz and I were there we had one drink and left. The girls were not up to anyones standards. as in tattoos.

For those of you reading this post; the Whiz is a great guy and a legend here IMO. If you meet him you will be equally impressed I am sure !!!

And BTW Whiz the restaruant is not the Sunrise but the Sunset and the woman at the back bar is named Joyce !!!

proximity
12-17-2013, 09:42 PM
ok, we'll substitute his weekly hair appointments with that tatted filipina princess. main point is whizzzz izz a bizzzy dude. :)

cj
12-17-2013, 10:11 PM

Bragging rights. Much more valuable.

wiffleball whizz
12-17-2013, 10:23 PM
Bragging rights. Much more valuable.

When were in your financial position :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is rather have the money then bragging rights!!

cj
12-17-2013, 11:42 PM
When were in your financial position :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is rather have the money then bragging rights!!

I stay away from places like Fantasies!

wiffleball whizz
12-18-2013, 12:47 AM
I stay away from places like Fantasies!

Yes but sometimes the man driving dictates whether fantasies are a viable option :lol: .......in fact I think you know the man I'm taking about very very well!!!! :lol:

I don't think I had a winning week since that trip....couldn't give u exact date but Air Force was playing on the blue turf in Boise.......

Ever since that night I've been down 1 and DIDNT have the puck!!!