PDA

View Full Version : 12/16 Pick of the Day: Remington Park Race 9 (with TimeformUS)

letswastemoney
12-15-2013, 10:23 PM
I was crushed pretty badly this weekend, although some of my losses weren't by much, and I became a little sloppy and impatient with the slowness of waiting for a good win bet opportunity.

Let's try to get back on the winning track using the Race of the Day for TimeformUS tomorrow.

TimeformUS (https://timeformus.com/RaceTabs_V2/BasicPPs.aspx?TrackId=RP%20&Country=USA&RaceNumber=9&TrackName=&RaceDate=12/16/2013&HorseId=10002520)

The Pace Projector for Remington Park's Race 9 tomorrow night shows a fairly soft pace, with :3: Tastefullyxcessive (7/2) set to have an easy lead. The :2: Custody (8/1) is a non-factor given her crappy dirt form. :11: American Sugar (5/1) is a little better, but her form at one mile is highly questionable.

I know what the pace projector says, but I'm choosing :7: Lady Haddassah (8/1), simply based on class alone. Her race at Canterbury on July 13 was against a field that received a 102 class rating, and she did well considering the 24 and 48 fractions. Whatever the pace figures say, given the class of the field, it was going to be difficult for her to close into that.

The win on May 26 was impressive and against a similar field here. Even the second against Draw It, a mare highly regarded enough to start in the La Troienne, wasn't too bad. :7: is the only horse the field to have broken 90 on dirt using TimeformUS figures. Her turf races are irrelevant to me. She is the pick.

The suggested play? - Key :7: in an exacta wheel with :3: :4: :11: underneath

appistappis
12-16-2013, 05:24 PM
the track seems kind to closers today.

letswastemoney
12-16-2013, 05:36 PM
the track seems kind to closers today.
I haven't been watching. That's good to know though!

letswastemoney
12-16-2013, 05:58 PM
Here are the charts for every Remington Park race today.

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/instant_pdf.cgi?type=inc&country=USA&track=RP&date=2013-12-16&race=100

Make up your own mind.

letswastemoney
12-16-2013, 06:20 PM
Custody won. I guess she is more than just a turf horse. Oh well.

letswastemoney
12-16-2013, 06:28 PM
I'm not sure how I could have looked at this and figure she was going to win.

The only thing Custody had going for her: she was second in the pace projector in a race with an expected slow pace.