PDA

View Full Version : Jason Garrett, what was that?

cj
12-15-2013, 08:29 PM
I tweeted this in the 2Q:

Cowboys keeping Packers in the game by not running Murray. Only has 9 carries, why?

tucker6
12-15-2013, 08:31 PM
I tweeted this in the 2Q:

Cowboys keeping Packers in the game by not running Murray. Only has 9 carries, why?
I've seen that rerun (Cowboys poor clock mngt) a thousand times it seems.

cj
12-15-2013, 08:32 PM
I've seen that rerun (Cowboys poor clock mngt) a thousand times it seems.

The amazing thing was, after I said that in the second quarter, it kept getting worse and worse.

JustRalph
12-15-2013, 08:44 PM
The amazing thing was, after I said that in the second quarter, it kept getting worse and worse.

I don't think Garrett follows your twitter feed

cj
12-15-2013, 09:43 PM
I don't think Garrett follows your twitter feed

Me either, guess he should.

The point was the play calling was absurd then. Getting worse seemed inconceivable, but it did. Joe and Troy caught on in the 3Q.

Stillriledup
12-15-2013, 09:45 PM
Jerry Jones calls the plays, not Jason Garrett.

JG is a puppet, like most of Jerry's coaches have been over the years.

cj's dad
12-15-2013, 10:13 PM
Romo is a choke artist - 2 INT's in the last 5 minutes ?

Stillriledup
12-15-2013, 10:20 PM
Romo is a choke artist - 2 INT's in the last 5 minutes ?

Romo has played plenty of big games in his life, this was just a normal regular season game, i doubt he was "too nervous" to perform and that's why he threw the INTs.

cj
12-15-2013, 11:32 PM
Jerry Jones calls the plays, not Jason Garrett.

JG is a puppet, like most of Jerry's coaches have been over the years.

He does not call the plays, that is ridiculous.

He did call the firing of Rob Ryan. Hasn't really worked out very well.

wiffleball whizz
12-15-2013, 11:40 PM
I Usually hate Facebook posts but this was a good one

JustRalph
12-16-2013, 12:20 AM
Me either, guess he should.

The point was the play calling was absurd then. Getting worse seemed inconceivable, but it did. Joe and Troy caught on in the 3Q.

I called for Garrett to be fired last year. You're right about the play calling. The defense is horrible too. I am no fan of Ryan, but I also never thought they could get worse.

The good thing is that next week all the Dallas gear will go on sale :lol:

BetHorses!
12-16-2013, 11:06 AM
29-17 with 1:09 left 3rd Q

3 straight passes from own 15 ...3 and out time elapsed 1:08

Valuist
12-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Dallas has the dumbest play calling in the league. Last Monday night, Murray was ripping off 7,8,10 yards every time he ran. They got down by more than a TD and completely abandoned the run and let Romo try to throw the ball in zero degree weather.

You still need balance to win. Can't drop back to pass every play because the defense can just tee off and pass rush every time.

RaceBookJoe
12-16-2013, 12:23 PM
Dallas has the dumbest play calling in the league. Last Monday night, Murray was ripping off 7,8,10 yards every time he ran. They got down by more than a TD and completely abandoned the run and let Romo try to throw the ball in zero degree weather.

You still need balance to win. Can't drop back to pass every play because the defense can just tee off and pass rush every time.

Kyle Shannahan's playcalling for the Redskins is a total stinkfest also.

delayjf
12-16-2013, 12:55 PM
He did call the firing of Rob Ryan. Hasn't really worked out very well.
Jones real crime is the players currently on Dallas's roster, for which he is totally responsible. The 2009 draft, the Roy Williams deal. Dallas's defense is about the same caliber as the first pre-season game in the fourth quarter. Second string QBs are looking like All-Pros against Dallas's defense.

The Offense seems to go into a funk at some point every game, when they can't do anything right. Sometimes its penalties, sometimes its execution, sometimes both. For whatever reason the seem to get into a 3 and out, mode for at least a quarter. Which ends up putting too much pressure on a defense that can't take it. With Jones making the personnel decisions, this won't get better anytime to soon.

Valuist
12-16-2013, 01:38 PM
Kyle Shannahan's playcalling for the Redskins is a total stinkfest also.

I would disagree. The Redskins have had their biggest problems because they cannot tackle, and their special teams are terrible.

Bettowin
12-16-2013, 02:31 PM
Garrett said today that the interception that gave the ball back to GB was a called run and Romo changed it. He also hinted that other running plays were changed by Romo so let the pissing match begin:)

JustRalph
12-16-2013, 02:35 PM
Fans going apeshit in Dallas. The local radio and TV news getting pretty rough on Garrett. This is going to be fun.

Stillriledup
12-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Fans going apeshit in Dallas. The local radio and TV news getting pretty rough on Garrett. This is going to be fun.

Why rough on Garrett and not on Jones?

Its like a restaurant picking someone off the street with no culinary experience to cook the food and then you get mad at the cook for cooking bad food and not at the owner for hiring this bad cook in the first place?

Its all on Jerry, he specifically hired idiots who agree to be "yes men", this is all on him, not Jason or Tony.

JustRalph
12-16-2013, 05:36 PM
They are going after Jones too.

But the play calling is the hottest topic right now.

Bettowin
12-16-2013, 05:43 PM
They are going after Jones too.

But the play calling is the hottest topic right now.

According to Garrett the play calling was fine. Romo kept changing to passes at the line instead of just running the ball.

delayjf
12-16-2013, 06:59 PM
And that might have been fine, except they couldn't execute the short passing game.

BetHorses!
12-16-2013, 09:19 PM
Nobody works the clock anymore. Its amazing to me. I see teams up by 7 late, and go shotgun on 1st down. Maybe its me :rolleyes:

cj
12-16-2013, 10:23 PM
Nobody works the clock anymore. Its amazing to me. I see teams up by 7 late, and go shotgun on 1st down. Maybe its me :rolleyes:

I don't think some teams know how to get under center. It was comical watching the Lions / Eagles in the snow. The kept going shotgun no matter how many snaps were botched.

Stillriledup
12-16-2013, 10:36 PM

Its not you. A billion dollar league hires idiots to "manage" these teams. Sure, an ex athlete may be able to "fire up the troops" and get players to actually listen to someone who "played the game" but as far as using intelligence to win football games, forget it...this is why Belichick is a genius, he's exploiting morons for the most part.

Zaf
12-16-2013, 10:53 PM

Yeah Bring back Herm, Who was better at clock management ? :rolleyes:

Z

proximity
12-17-2013, 02:10 AM
Jones real crime is the players currently on Dallas's roster, for which he is totally responsible.

this.

nfl general manager is a full time job and then some.

Valuist
12-17-2013, 11:03 AM

Its not you. Its OCs like Callahan that apparently are unaware that the clock stops with an incomplete pass. Callahan was handed the keys to a Super Bowl quality team in Oakland and a year later he had a 4-12 team, the biggest win falloff in history, pending how the Falcons do the rest of this season.

notoutofpounds
12-31-2013, 05:27 PM
The only thing better than watching my :16: th and last winner of the day come in (Eagles straight up) was watching Archie Andrews coaching for Dallas. :lol:

I think he even has that # in his salad :lol:

Were Reggie, Jughead, Betty and Veronica at the game ?