PDA

View Full Version : Calder: 12/15/2013

Teach
12-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Race One:
:6: On Appeal looks like the horse to beat here. No leads-pipe cinch, but certainly the class.

:2: Livin Large; :7: Candi’s Halo; :5: Guts to Glory

Race Two:

:3: I Go Through is my choice to beat what I suspect will be the horse who will go off as the prohibitive favorite, Commander Tate. This gelding did “show interest” in a recent effort; a race in which he finished fourth. Prior to that the horse had troubled trips in which he finished off the board. He looks like he’s capable of making a move as they make the far turn and head into the stretch.

Also: :2: Commander Tate; :6: Andrell; :5: El Cobre

Race Three:

I’m going to try to take a shot in trying to beat the logical favorite. My choice here is :1: Royal Distinction. He gets a rider change to the veteran Manny Cruz. That should help. I believe in this relatively weak the Storm Cat-bred colt has a chance.

Also: :2: Dynamic Duke; :6: Il Cannone; :5: Calpulec

Race Four:

:6: Divine Michael is my choice with all the scratches. Has faced better. Three thirds in nine turf tries.

Also: :13: M. Z,’s Zamini; :10: Slicka; :2: Deputy Vic

Race Five:

:3: Awesome Vow did not run his race in his last, a sprint at Prx. Now stretches out to a more comfortable distance. Eduardo Nunez helps as does trainer Jorge Navarro.

Also: :1: Summertime Music; :2: Midnight Scrimmage

Race Six:

:1: Penitent Prayers gets my lukewarm nod in this tough to handicap claiming route
The gelding has been away for a while; however, he has a recent solid work. In a hard-to-decide I-may-pass race, I’m giving this horse the tepid edge.

Also: :2: Sir Sparky; :4: Credit Voucher; :3: You Es Oh Club

Race Seven:
:5: Troubles Comin is a solid turf horse who should prevail here.

Also: :1: Rock Alex; :8: Offlee Fast; :6: Tale of the Heart

Race Eight:

:3: Basalt stands out in this field. Has faced much better.

Also: :2: Dubai Distinction; :1: Great Victorian; :7: Large Kaufy