PDA

View Full Version : Ted Cruz: #3 in the world

DJofSD
12-15-2013, 12:01 PM
http://washingtonexaminer.com/poll-ted-cruz-3rd-most-influential-world-leader-behind-pope-obama/article/2540748

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz has had the best year of any Republican and virtually anyone in the world, ranking third in Rasmussen Report’s new poll of the of the “most influential” people in the world, behind Pope Francis and President Obama.

The poll: here. (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/lifestyle/people/december_2013/23_name_pope_francis_most_influential_21_say_obama )

I wonder what "boner" thinks about that.

Saratoga_Mike
12-15-2013, 12:03 PM
"Texas Sen. Ted Cruz has had the best year of any Republican and virtually anyone in the world."

What an absurd claim.

Ted Cruz is going nowhere nationally.

DJofSD
12-15-2013, 12:04 PM
You hope.

Saratoga_Mike
12-15-2013, 12:06 PM
You hope.

Why do I hope? I probably agree with him on 80% of issues.

Greyfox
12-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Ted Cruz is going nowhere nationally.

:ThmbUp: Gotta agree.

Saratoga_Mike
12-15-2013, 12:13 PM
:ThmbUp: Gotta agree.

Good showman, though.

Greyfox
12-15-2013, 12:34 PM
So is Bill Murray.

http://www.rayjuniorshow.com/01.elements/drupal-pics/ted-cruz-bill-murray.jpg

Saratoga_Mike
12-15-2013, 12:38 PM
So is Bill Murray.

Exactly right

jballscalls
12-15-2013, 12:45 PM
If Cruz were to win the presidency, how many liberals would say they are moving to Canada and then not actually move? Gotta be a couple million at least.

Dave Schwartz
12-15-2013, 02:42 PM
Ted who?

:lol:

Jay Trotter
12-15-2013, 02:43 PM
I heard Ted and Sarah were leaving their spouses and hooking up! :lol:

Marshall Bennett
12-15-2013, 02:54 PM
If Cruz were to win the presidency, how many liberals would say they are moving to Canada and then not actually move? Gotta be a couple million at least.
Like those Hollywood liberals said they'd do if Bush were elected. They didn't go anywhere and later claimed it was a joke. Bunch of hot air like most that comes out of a liberal's mouth if it's anything political.

Saratoga_Mike
12-15-2013, 03:21 PM
Like those Hollywood liberals said they'd do if Bush were elected. They didn't go anywhere and later claimed it was a joke. Bunch of hot air like most that comes out of a liberal's mouth if it's anything political.

Did Rush Limbaugh ever move to Costa Rica after ObamaCare passed?

Marshall Bennett
12-15-2013, 03:59 PM
I don't give a shit where he moves, never was a fan.

schweitz
12-15-2013, 04:09 PM
Did Rush Limbaugh ever move to Costa Rica after ObamaCare passed?

That's not what he said. You can google it if you care to know the truth.

JustRalph
12-15-2013, 06:09 PM
Cruz might not be able win the Presidency, but sometimes being a King maker is better than being King.

PaceAdvantage
12-15-2013, 08:19 PM
The liberals must be deathly afraid of him. Look how hard they've tried to tear him down in the last 6 months. I take that as an indicator that they are scared shitless. Kind of like when Palin first appeared on the scene. They didn't know what to do with her. So they sent minions to Alaska to research the shit out of her so that they could tear her apart.

TJDave
12-15-2013, 08:34 PM
they sent minions to Alaska to research the shit out of her so that they could tear her apart.

Did it work...Did she get torn apart?

What did they find out?

PaceAdvantage
12-15-2013, 08:38 PM
Did it work...Did she get torn apart?

What did they find out?They found out that you really could see Russia from her house...

NJ Stinks
12-15-2013, 10:56 PM
The liberals must be deathly afraid of him. Look how hard they've tried to tear him down in the last 6 months. I take that as an indicator that they are scared shitless. Kind of like when Palin first appeared on the scene. They didn't know what to do with her. So they sent minions to Alaska to research the shit out of her so that they could tear her apart.

Why would anybody on the left be "deathly afraid" of Cruz or worry about what must be done about Palin? These two are liberal assets.

reckless
12-15-2013, 11:30 PM
Why would anybody on the left be "deathly afraid" of Cruz or worry about what must be done about Palin? These two are liberal assets.

There are a many reasons why the left should be deathly afraid of Cruz. Here are just a few:

Ted Cruz is a staunch conservative who believes in the US Constitution, especially when it pertains to gun rights; property rights; protecting individual freedom and liberty, and protecting our borders and sovereignty.

The real simple stuff known as American laws and rights that are now ignored by Obama, the majority of Democrats and all left wingers. Happily, the 'average' American is now catching on to them too.

Sadly, there are too many Republicans just like them whom I call democrat-lite weights: clowns like McConnell, McCain, Graham, the Bushes, Christie -- you know the crowd, they combine their intellectual emptiness with political stupidity.

Ted Cruz is everything these losers are not, which is why the left wingers hate him and try to play the same game they played against Sarah Palin. Imagine the left wingers that call Ted Cruz stupid -- a man that Alan Dershowitz called his smartest student of his 50-year career at Harvard Law.

It's laughable that the left wing calls Cruz stupid yet laud both Barry Obama and Elana Kagan, two people that can't string three coherent thoughts in a row.

I do hope Cruz runs for President in 2016. The country needs people like him.

NJ Stinks
12-16-2013, 01:01 AM
I don't remember calling Cruz stupid. One can be smart and wrong at the same time, Reckless.

mostpost
12-16-2013, 01:22 AM
We are afraid of him for the same reason we would be afraid of a five year old with a machine gun. He doesn't know the damage it can do, and he is liable to point it anywhere.

Greyfox
12-16-2013, 01:48 AM
The liberals must be deathly afraid of him.

Shirley you jest.

They'd welcome him with open arms to run against Hilarity.

PaceAdvantage
12-16-2013, 04:23 AM
Why would anybody on the left be "deathly afraid" of Cruz or worry about what must be done about Palin? These two are liberal assets.Obviously they are not. If they were, the left wouldn't be trying so damn hard to destroy them politically.

PaceAdvantage
12-16-2013, 04:27 AM
We are afraid of him for the same reason we would be afraid of a five year old with a machine gun. He doesn't know the damage it can do, and he is liable to point it anywhere.Is it true that Dershowitz called Cruz the smartest student he ever had in his 50-year career at Harvard?

Cruz graduated cum laude from Princeton and magna cum laude from Harvard Law School. He is far from a 5-year-old, and yet there you go, trying to paint him as an imbecile. I'm sure you'll come back at me and tell me that's not what you meant. But whatever...your words are your words. And they sound idiotic.

PaceAdvantage
12-16-2013, 04:28 AM
Shirley you jest.

They'd welcome him with open arms to run against Hilarity.They have no idea what they're going to get if that happens. So they are running around, trying to define Cruz now, while they still can.

They are deathly afraid. It's obvious.

I'm sure they'll resort to a "birther" type thing when all else fails.

Saratoga_Mike
12-16-2013, 10:32 AM

The Dems aren't afraid of Cruz - I'm sure they'd love to run against him in the general election. So why do they focus on him? They use him to cast a negative light on the Republican Party.

Unlike Cruz, Palin just isn't very bright. It wasn't the opposition research that was her undoing. It was things like not being able to name one damn newspaper that she reads...

Saratoga_Mike
12-16-2013, 10:34 AM
Is it true that Dershowitz called Cruz the smartest student he ever had in his 50-year career at Harvard?

Cruz graduated cum laude from Princeton and magna cum laude from Harvard Law School. He is far from a 5-year-old, and yet there you go, trying to paint him as an imbecile. I'm sure you'll come back at me and tell me that's not what you meant. But whatever...your words are your words. And they sound idiotic.

Cruz would be a horrible prez candidate, but I enjoy liberals, such as Most, attempting to paint him as the male version of Sarah Palin. Such an uninformed opinion.

reckless
12-16-2013, 11:20 AM
I don't remember calling Cruz stupid. One can be smart and wrong at the same time, Reckless.

I thought you were more informed than you probably are, Stinks.

I never personally accused you or anyone on here of calling Ted Cruz stupid.

But during his filibuster when Cruz was the talk of the cable chatter world, all the left wing talking heads, along with a few lame-brained Republicans, called Cruz stupid. The left wing made it a personal attack on Cruz' intellect while the nitwit GOP establishment types like John McCain and Karl Rove said it was 'stupid' to filibuster. Same intention, in my opinion.

I simply thought you would have heard such things said about Cruz with no explanation required.

There was no personal accusation by me toward you, NJ.

FantasticDan
12-16-2013, 11:26 AM
They are deathly afraid. It's obvious.And here I was just getting over being deathly afraid of Palin, Bachman, Perry, and Black Walnut. Now I have to be deathly afraid of Cruz??

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/come-at-me-bro-santa.gif.pagespeed.ce.qiZ_3MFQbV.gif

reckless
12-16-2013, 11:30 AM
They'd welcome him with open arms to run against Hilarity.

Liberals aren't the only ones that would welcome him (Cruz) with open arms to run against Hillary, conservatives want this fight even more so!

Why do you think the left wing and the media keep pushing Christie as the GOP's best hope in 2016?? They know full well Christie is very easy to beat because he doesn't have a single core conviction in his fat body.

The GOP establishment will be more of an obstacle to Cruz than any dim-witted chowder head on CNN, MSNBC or even the Huffington Post.

johnhannibalsmith
12-16-2013, 11:56 AM
The Dems aren't afraid of Cruz - I'm sure they'd love to run against him in the general election. So why do they focus on him? They use him to cast a negative light on the Republican Party.

This is exactly right. It isn't at all about "being afraid of him". He just makes a good caricature of alleged Tea Party extremism within the Republican party and stokes those fires associated (whether justifiable or not) with that group.

Tom
12-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Why do you think the left wing and the media keep pushing Christie as the GOP's best hope in 2016?? They know full well Christie is very easy to beat because he doesn't have a single core conviction in his fat body.

McCain all over again.

reckless
12-16-2013, 03:47 PM
This is exactly right. It isn't at all about "being afraid of him". He just makes a good caricature of alleged Tea Party extremism within the Republican party and stokes those fires associated (whether justifiable or not) with that group.

Those alleged Tea Party extremists within the Republican Party you allude to are the majority of American citizens.

reckless
12-16-2013, 03:48 PM
McCain all over again.

Please, Tom, assure me... never again.

DJofSD
12-16-2013, 04:09 PM
Funny, the way the Tea Party is characterized as extremists.

rastajenk
12-16-2013, 04:14 PM
Yeah, no kidding. I've been to some Tea Party events, and I have never witnessed anything that might be considered extreme. Just the opposite, really; about as mainstream as you could ever imagine.

Tom
12-16-2013, 10:56 PM
And the Tea Party is fighting for ALL Amercians, not limited numbers, as both the dems and the repubs do. The dems like to grab about their big tent....if you have ever been to the circus, you know what you find in big tents......clowns!

johnhannibalsmith
12-16-2013, 11:38 PM
Those alleged Tea Party extremists within the Republican Party you allude to are the majority of American citizens.

I think most that are familiar with my posting here can recognize that my post wasn't attempting to reflect MY opinion of the Tea Party or more importantly, its core tenets, but a reflection of the perception that has been carefully crafted by years of media marginalization.

Don't get me wrong, there are politicians that claim to be national leaders of that group that I detest, but I think it's pretty darned safe to say that a poll of my beliefs on a range of subjects would lead me to be pidgeonholed as a Tea Partier long before it labeled me a Democrat or a Republican.

jballscalls
12-16-2013, 11:59 PM
Yeah, no kidding. I've been to some Tea Party events, and I have never witnessed anything that might be considered extreme. Just the opposite, really; about as mainstream as you could ever imagine.

I think that's the problem. I've been to two Tea Party events and they were fantastic. But the media has been able to portray them as extremist/nutbags etc and the belief that they are extremist/nutbags is pretty prevalent, at least in my experiences. I tend to run in more liberal circles (living in Portland you don't have a choice) and I'll have conversations with people who are far left libs and they'll say something disparaging about the Tea Party and then no more than a few minutes later I'll talk about gov't waste, gov't needing to be smaller etc and they'll totally agree!

TJDave
12-17-2013, 03:02 AM

Agreed.

http://lwtc247.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/get-a-brain-morans.jpg

JustRalph
12-17-2013, 12:58 PM
Dave, stay out of the Moran family reunion