PDA

View Full Version : Slew's Fast Horses for Sunday, 12/15

MeSlew
12-14-2013, 10:20 PM
Hello All! For Sunday, 12/15, a snowy day ahead for the east but these races on tap for slew regardless...

Aqueduct - 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9
Hollywood - 1,2,3,4,7,8,9
Gulfstream - 1,2,6,7,8,10
Woodbine - 7
Calder - 5,7
Fairgrounds - 4,8

Not sure about Aqueduct as this storm moves eastward. But everyone else looks safe. A beautiful scene outside my window as we speak. A sea of white on the ground and in the air,
with the occasional tree and wreath punctuated by festive lights of every color against the dark of night. What could be more beautiful? Maybe a Key Horse crossing the finish line first you say?
Funny you should mention that, because we have one running tomorrow:

Dancing for Glory - GP ( 7) GP 12/14/12 # 5

This one comes from her maiden win (noted above) and runs for the quite amazing Chad Brown. I mean, how long before someone accuses him of cheating? After all, you win at 27% you must be cheating...right?

Wrong. Excellent trainer, good stock, quality ownership. Dancing For Glory is a nice girl by Exchange Rate, who was 6-15 lifetime for D. Wayne, and ended his career by beating two of my favorite horses in the Tom Fool Handicap:
Say Florida Sandy and Peeping Tom. His major accomplishment: only racing 15 times in 2 years for D. Wayne! That's 4 months work for most.

Dancing For Glory on the other hand, has 6 in-the-money finishes out of 8 starts with 2 victories. Her last win, back in August at the Spa carries the following company line along with it: "Rank,rallied,vannd off".
She came back after a 3 month rest to just miss in an allowance at Aqueduct on 11/10. That race may be useful as the 3rd place finisher Lady of Gold won an allowance at Aqueduct and the winner Media placed 3rd in an AlwOC at Gulfstream.

This nice runner is 2nd off the layoff with Lezcano as the pilot and a 3-1 ML tag. Second try at the 1 1/16 distance gives her a good shot at her 2nd win on the Gulfstream Park turf.

Slew lists Indian Starlight as a runner in this one, and she is always a long price, even when she wins. Her fast race was from 10/17 but while rapid internal fractions were impressive, it doesn't appear to be a useful contest.
But with a 21% winner in Mr. Saez on her back, she could stick around as part of the pace.

Finally, the first time Euro Exclude is also first time lasix for Graham Motion. Short work tab is a question, but gawdy trainer stats in this category makes you wonder.

And those three line up one after the other. Just sayin'...

You are welcome to grab the raceday file from Slew's website and check out all the other horses listed for tomorrow. it's a busy day!

Enjoy the Sunday racing (while I dig out from under)...good luck and good 'capping!