PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct: 12/13/2013

Teach
12-13-2013, 11:42 AM
Race One:

:6: Fast ‘n’ Firm is my longshot try to in this short-field first race. I believe he’s yet to run his race. Trainer Jim Ryerson’s having an excellent meet.

Underneath: :4: Appearance; :5: Manhattan Gin; :1: Foxbeau

Race Two:

:6: Lion D n A has been a beaten-favorite bridesmaid in her last three. However, she is dropping in class so todays could very well be the day she gets her picture taken. Trainer Rudy Rodriguez is having an excellent meet,

Underneath: :4: Ann’s Smart Dancer; :5: House on Toilsome; :3: The Royal Boot

Race Three:

:2: Save Valley is my choice in the Spooky Mulder (isn’t he in the X-files). The
Colt finished a disappointing fifth as the beaten favorite in the Grade 3 Fall
HighWeight in late November. He’s capable of making amends. He’s adding blinkers; that may help him stay focused.

Underneath: :4: Praetereo; :3: Candyman E; # :1: Dads Caps

Race Four:

:7: Sweet Lover is my upset try of the day. Hard to quantify except the colt has solid breeding. His dam, Love Always, had two winners from three starters. Trainer Tom Morley is good with maiden claimers.

Underneath: :2: Brendan G; :6: Mack Miller; :9: My Pisano

Race Five:

:1: Start Jumping has hit the tote in six out of eight lifetime tries. Both trainer David Jacobson and jockey Cornelio Velasquez are having excellent meets. The horse should avoid traffic from his outside starting post.

Underneath: :3: Tummel; :4: Road Agent; :7: Upward

Race Six:

:8: Shore Runner could do little on the turf in his last over nine months ago at Gulfstream Park. Admittedly, morning works have been so-so. Yet, I like the fact he’s returning to the main track and also the combination of Cornelio Velasquez and Linda Rice.

Underneath: :4: Distorted Dream; :1: Takajo; :7: Media Kid

Race Seven:

:7: C C’s Pride is dropping down the claiming ranks into a potential winning spot. The filly has won two of her last four.

Underneath: :4: Quiet Sunshine; ; :9: Castles Burning ; :2: Newyork Conspiracy

Race Eight:

:5: Alwaysinmycircle ran second against similar in her last. Anything approximating that effort would this filly in contention.

Underneath: :10: Gloria Victoria; :3: Milkyyourway :2: Maxana

Race Nine:

:8: High Inflation has finished third or second in her last five. Solid chance to break through for the win.

Underneath: :1: Ellen Dorene; :7: Locks of Gold; :5: Absolute Paradise

Teach
12-13-2013, 12:18 PM
This is Carol Heiss weather. If you don't know who Carol Heiss was. She was an Olympic figure-skating champion from Ozone Park, the Queens, New York. She won the silver medal in 1956 and the gold in 1960. Five-time world champ. She'll turn 74 next month.

Triskaidekaphobia, anyone. Fear of the number 13, as in Friday the 13th.

In the post parade, I like the canter (attitude) of the #s 4 and #5 horses. I tried the #6 in my picks as a hoped-for, anything-can-happen stab.

Good Luck!

Teach
12-13-2013, 12:45 PM
#4 Ann's Smart Dancer and Lion D N A look best in the post parade. I was intrigued with the gait of # 7 Promised Mandate. I would be interesting if that longshot hit the tote.

CptMisery
12-13-2013, 12:58 PM
Very nice, you hit the 2nd race cold at AQU. Thank you for posting.

Teach
12-13-2013, 01:15 PM
First, as I watched them in the paddock, I'm not enamored with the #5 Sam Sparkle's right rear leg. There appears to be a small buckle. In the post parade, #4 Praetoro looks solid. As Maggie mentioned, Sage Valley may have put on some weight; he looks ready for an improved effort. #1 Dads Caps should be right there.

Teach
12-13-2013, 01:16 PM
CptMisery, I may be killing the golden goose. Did you see what the super paid? I bet small money and still lost.

CptMisery
12-13-2013, 01:19 PM
I did, but still appreciate the winners. Small field so everyone was on it.

Teach
12-13-2013, 01:44 PM
I still like #7 Sweet Lover. I realize it may well be a reach. Frankly, I'm not sold on #6 Mack Miller even though Todd Pletcher is in the house. Don't overlook #9 My Pisano. I liked his looks in the post parade.

Teach
12-13-2013, 02:12 PM
In this race, :1: Start Jumping looks solid; yet I'm impressed, as they stepped on the track, with the #s 5, 4 and 3.

Good Luck!

Teach
12-13-2013, 02:42 PM
:4: Distorted Dream looks very fit. Tight. "On the muscle." Prancing.
Also looking sound were :6: In the Dark; and :8: Shore Runner

Teach
12-13-2013, 03:11 PM
:4: Quiet Sunshine looked solid in the paddock and on the track. :5: Ezpz Lemon Squeeze looked good on the track; might get part.