PDA

View Full Version : The Spooky Mulder, Race 3 at Big A Dec 13

Stillriledup
12-12-2013, 11:59 PM
5 horse field.

2 Jacobsons, 2 RRRs make up 4 of the 5 horses.

So, handicapping this event it appears that the Dads Caps will get the lead with "send" jock Chucky Lopez. The 2 Jacobsons are 2 older horses with class, but if Chucky gets "loose" he's probably gone.

UNLESS, Candyman E presses the rail horse to "Set up" the Praetereo horse who is a powerful closer in career form.

Can you be confident that the 3 horse is going to keep the 1 horse "honest"?

Its a tricky read. I dont think the one is good enough to win if he's pressed, but if he goes 24 and 49, there's almost no way he can get beat.

Will the 3 attack the 1, or is everyone going to "surrender" for 100k?

Stillriledup
12-13-2013, 04:19 AM
Maybe its time for Maggie to start interviewing the connections before the race like TVG does.

"Ok, so here we are in the paddock and its 11 MTP and we have trainer David Jacobson ....so David, you have an uncoupled entry in the race and the rail horse is lone speed on paper, have you given any instructions to the rider of the 3 horse to press the pace and not let the 1 horse get away with an easy lead, that would be the prudent thing to do, after all this is a 100k race and you have another horse in there who is a strong closer....."

Not so hard, right? :D

deathandgravity
12-13-2013, 01:07 PM
damn... just blew coffee across my office... misread the title & thought Spooky Mulder was racing today. :lol:
(who the **** would bring that horse out of retirement)

Stillriledup
12-14-2013, 03:39 AM
damn... just blew coffee across my office... misread the title & thought Spooky Mulder was racing today. :lol:
(who the **** would bring that horse out of retirement)

The Spookmeister is 15 now, retired in 2009 at age 11. He's enjoying life on a farm in Maryland. Scott Lake did right by the horse and gave him to someone who would care for him. He's having a happy retirement according to a little blip i read in DRF.