PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory Payoff This Saturday

Race Promoter
12-12-2013, 06:39 PM
The Woodbine meet is wrapping up this weekend, which means they will have to have a mandatory payout on the Jackpot Hi 5. It was hit last weekend for $150k so it has to build a bit to make it exciting, but with the $100k Pick 4's I will be playing the ponies from the great white north in my flannel jammies hoping to pick up some Christmas cash.

http://i.imgur.com/u9Az6Ux.jpg

Stillriledup
12-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Is it a 20 cent bet, or a buck?

I see Equibase has woodbine entries for Sunday? Is sunday closing day, im confused.

Some_One
12-12-2013, 09:46 PM
20c

Track Collector
12-13-2013, 01:01 AM
Is it a 20 cent bet, or a buck?

I see Equibase has woodbine entries for Sunday? Is sunday closing day, im confused.

The NTRA Calendar shows Sunday (12/15) as the last day for WO as well.

Stillriledup
12-13-2013, 01:43 AM
The NTRA Calendar shows Sunday (12/15) as the last day for WO as well.

Hopefully the OP will come back with updated information about when is the actual last day of the meet and or when the payout is mandatory.

Or, could this be for the harness track and just wasnt put in the harness racing section?

Some_One
12-13-2013, 02:32 AM
The ads I'm seeing on my HPIbet screen also says Saturday, my guess they do a day buffer in case there was a weather cancellation.

Stillriledup
12-13-2013, 03:04 AM
The ads I'm seeing on my HPIbet screen also says Saturday, my guess they do a day buffer in case there was a weather cancellation.

That's a good point, i think that's probably right.

Stillriledup
12-13-2013, 03:24 AM
Can someone explain something to me, i'm having a hard time with the math here.

Ok, so this mandatory Penta force out is a 14 horse field. Since this is the final race and its a force out, there's really no need to have a 14 horse race, you are paying out all the money anyway.

Now, if you had a 9 or 10 horse field, almost everyone who wants to put in a ticket would be able to put in some kind of ticket....but with 14 horses, some people are going to say "too hard" and not bother. Am i right about this? Wouldnt a 9 or 10 horse field attract a bigger betting pool? Most handicappers around the country who don't follow woodbine are more likely to put some money into this race if the field is shorter...and, with the shorter field you'll have more winners.

Unless, you only want to put all the money into the pockets of the whales and don't want to give the little guy (andy too!) a shot to bet this thing or hit this thing.

PaceAdvantage
12-13-2013, 08:24 AM
Unless, you only want to put all the money into the pockets of the whales and don't want to give the little guy (andy too!) a shot to bet this thing or hit this thing.It's all a plot against you, the horseplayer.

cmp92
12-13-2013, 10:02 AM
Hopefully the OP will come back with updated information about when is the actual last day of the meet and or when the payout is mandatory.

Or, could this be for the harness track and just wasnt put in the harness racing section?
Woodbine Harness continues racing through the winter. The WEG harness circuit is year round.

Race Promoter
12-13-2013, 05:25 PM
The last day of racing at Woodbine is Sunday the 15th,
but the Mandatory payout is Saturday the 14th. Some One had it right with the extra day built in as a buffer. It looks like the race will be a challenge with the big field, but the 20 cent minimum makes it playable. Good luck everyone.

Robert Fischer
12-13-2013, 06:29 PM
It's all a plot against you, the horseplayer.

:D

Stillriledup
12-13-2013, 07:40 PM
It's all a plot against you, the horseplayer.

Huh?

stu
12-14-2013, 12:52 AM
The super-hi-5 in a 10 horse field has 30,240 combinations. The super-hi-5 in a 14 horse field has 240,240 combinations, approximately a little less than 8 times the 10-horse field.

Robert Fischer
12-14-2013, 09:08 PM
didn't pay too bad.

Would have been a good one to bet twice, with some chalkier results in addition to your key(4-5 fav:7: ), as this one was mostly single digit odds horses.

This was actually very hittable with public choices for a non-sophisticated player.