PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

DigitalDownsJoe
12-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Ok so I have a very close matchup in a 100 dollar 10 team league. I drafted Seattle and picked up Carolina early in the season off waivers and have rolled with these two all season long. They have been very good to me. Here is my dilemma...Who do I start in my championship game? Im leaning Carolina vs the Jets who have been terrible on the road. I also like Seattle vs the Giants, but they are in NY, and they are desperate. Is that a good thing or bad thing? Some insight might help me pick? Anyone??

On a side note, in another league I have Victor Cruz against Seattle's stud Corner...Players available on the wire Brian Hartline,C Patterson, G Jennings, Stevie Johnson, Golden Tate, and Derick Rodgers. Am I crazy thinking of taking him out for one of these guys..If not, who?

cj's dad
12-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Ok so I have a very close matchup in a 100 dollar 10 team league. I drafted Seattle and picked up Carolina early in the season off waivers and have rolled with these two all season long. They have been very good to me. Here is my dilemma...Who do I start in my championship game? Im leaning Carolina vs the Jets who have been terrible on the road. I also like Seattle vs the Giants, but they are in NY, and they are desperate. Is that a good thing or bad thing? Some insight might help me pick? Anyone??

On a side note, in another league I have Victor Cruz against Seattle's stud Corner...Players available on the wire Brian Hartline,C Patterson, G Jennings, Stevie Johnson, Golden Tate, and Derick Rodgers. Am I crazy thinking of taking him out for one of these guys..If not, who?

Fantasy football = fantasy life - R U Serious ?

DigitalDownsJoe
12-11-2013, 10:36 PM
If its not your thing, its not your thing...I personally love it. I have been very profitable on daily fantasy sites on top of the 4-5 leagues i play in every year.

PaceAdvantage
12-12-2013, 01:16 AM
Fantasy football = fantasy life - R U Serious ?Wow...lots and lots of folks either have played or currently do the fantasy football/baseball/basketball thing. I personally have never been interested enough in it to give it a go, but I know a lot of people who do. Most if not all of those people that I know don't live a fantasy life.

It's just one of many hobbies.

Do you read fiction? Would that qualify you as having a fantasy life? :lol:

precocity
12-12-2013, 08:04 AM
hey joe is digital downs a slot machine? just asking man.

cj's dad
12-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Wow...lots and lots of folks either have played or currently do the fantasy football/baseball/basketball thing. I personally have never been interested enough in it to give it a go, but I know a lot of people who do. Most if not all of those people that I know don't live a fantasy life.

It's just one of many hobbies.

Do you read fiction? Would that qualify you as having a fantasy life? :lol:

Yes that was a bit harsh on my part- sorry. I just don't get the whole thing.

What actually bugs the s--t out of me is that during the course of watching your local teams game on tv it takes forever to get through the scores league wide for the rushing yardage/td passes-receptions updates, which are solely for the purpose of the fantasy players.

thaskalos
12-12-2013, 12:51 PM

What actually bugs the s--t out of me is that during the course of watching your local teams game on tv it takes forever to get through the scores league wide for the rushing yardage/td passes-receptions updates, which are solely for the purpose of the fantasy players.
:D

And I thought I was the only one...

DigitalDownsJoe
12-12-2013, 01:14 PM
hey joe is digital downs a slot machine? just asking man.

No, it is as complete of a realistic horse racing sim as you will find on the net. Our site is geared towards the training aspect of horse racing. You the trainer must breed your horses which have hidden pedigree characteristics which evolve. Horses cycle and peak and are offered different equipment and medications that can help or hurt your horse. Training involves meters and their is a skill to maximize potential going into a race. You can claim horses in claiming races so you cant poach into lower level races without risk of losing your horse. You hire jockeys and instruct them how to run your horse. We have contests, tournaments, a digital triple crown, a season long race series with big money final, added money stakes races each weekend, a chatroom and message boards. The community is very helpful with new players and its a lot of fun. I will say you need to do some howework if you want to be a profitable player. The people who do the most homework, make the most money. The races are entry fee real purse money races. Our entry fees are as low as 75 cents and range all the way up to 10 bucks. We are not a high dollar high roller site, but you can make good money with volume and it gives you the opportunity to enjoy what its like to operate a horse racing stable.

So no it is not a lottery pull, but there are some elements of luck(slight) to make it more realistic. It is pretty realistic, and the 3d viewer is awesome. If you have any questions, you are welcome to PM me :) We offer 2 free horses to start you off and we do a weekly freeroll for real money race.

DigitalDownsJoe
12-12-2013, 01:17 PM

It is a skilled game to not only draft a team but to manage it throughout the season, dealing with injuries, weather, who to start vs who. Its fun..You would be surprised as to how big it is. One site is offering a 3.3 million dollar guarantee final prize pool next week for 1500 entry fee. That's insane IMO. I have to admit it does take away from the enjoyment of just watching the game. I try not to draft anyone from my fav team so I don't have to ruin the experience of just rooting for them. Its even more agonizing when you have players going against your team and you need them to perform well. LOL

cj
12-12-2013, 05:25 PM

It isn't much different than betting the games. It gives you a reason to watch a Bucs/Falcons match up in Week 15.

cj's dad
12-13-2013, 08:59 PM
It isn't much different than betting the games. It gives you a reason to watch a Bucs/Falcons match up in Week 15.

I just want timely scores !!!

JustRalph
12-13-2013, 09:44 PM

I'm with your Dad on this one. Nothing would make we watch that.

You have to admit, it's a brilliant marketing move though.

I was contacted years back by someone who wanted to start a similar league with race horses. You would draft 10 horses at 4 different levels. They approached some stables about getting involved by offering info on upcoming two year olds. They were completely rebuked.

Idea was dead on arrival

Boris
12-13-2013, 11:12 PM

The Giants are on a nice run, but they have not seen a defense like Seattle. 14 points against the Chargers D who did well last night holding Denver. Eli is a INT machine. You have the best two D's in the game and both have great match ups, so there no wrong choice. I like Seattle better, but traveling east for a 1pm game is my only concern. Flip a coin if you want someone to blame.

If Jennings is there, then Patterson (Minn) may be too. I'd roll with him over Cruz or your list. Not crazy at all to look for options over Cruz this week. No touchdowns since week 4.

I'm assuming these are standard leagues.

cj
12-14-2013, 03:06 AM
The Giants are on a nice run,

Wait. What?

Giants 14 Chargers 37

Robert Goren
12-14-2013, 04:38 AM
To answer your question, I think you have to take Carolina. Seattle is not the same team on the road.

Boris
12-14-2013, 07:40 AM
Wait. What?

Giants 14 Chargers 37
When you start 0 for 6 and then go 5 and 2, that's a nice run imo. But I guess they were on a run. :)

cj
12-14-2013, 11:39 AM
When you start 0 for 6 and then go 5 and 2, that's a nice run imo. But I guess they were on a run. :)

I'm a Giants fan. Honestly, they are AWFUL. If you really look at the wins, they beat nothing other than a good win over Philly. The rest are garbage.

notoutofpounds
12-14-2013, 10:52 PM
The only Fantasy decision here is Sea Gals or Top Cats

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DigitalDownsJoe
12-14-2013, 11:51 PM
I think I am going to gamble with Patterson, and go with Carolina...