PDA

View Full Version : Cold/flu warning

TJDave
12-10-2013, 04:06 AM
I'm normally not a whiner but I've had a cold or flu for the past week that's got me flat dickinthedirt whipped. Today I'm finally feeling a bit better but just barely. I'm still 3 or 4 days from being over it. I don't know if this has been typical of others this season but be warned and take precautions.

Let's Roll
12-10-2013, 08:45 AM
Last winter I caught a bad one, couldn't do a thing for a few days.

Feel better soon !!!

Valuist
12-10-2013, 10:26 AM
I remember getting a flu shot around 10 years ago and getting the flu anyways. I haven't gotten a flu shot since. Now they say there's mercury in the vaccines. I'm sure the big pharma companies will swear they are perfectly ok. :rolleyes:

Johnny V
12-10-2013, 10:45 AM
I also have not had a flu shot. I cannot even remember the last time I have had the flu. I think those shots ,even if they are safe (which I have serious doubts), are hit and miss anyway. They have to guess which virus they think it is going to be. It is really tough to vaccinate to prevent against a virus anyway because it keeps changing and adapting from what I understand.

pandy
12-10-2013, 12:42 PM
I'm not a fan of flu shots either, but if you live in the northern part of the country or don't get much sun there's a good chance that your Vitamin D levels are down, and that could make you more susceptible to colds/flu.