PDA

View Full Version : Will Take Charge to race at 4

cj
12-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Great news IMO.

wisconsin
12-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Could not be happier. I hate it when the good 3 y.o.'s retire.

stormreveler
12-09-2013, 07:51 PM
This is great, indeed. Hooray for old man owners with not a lot to lose.

A little while back, Brady Lukas tweeted that WTC was probable for a $50K Turfway stakes before the end of the year. Winning this would push him past MMM for top earner on the year, and put him a nose over $3M. I haven't seen this addressed at all since. I guess it's off the table? I didn't get the sense it was some kind of joke tweet from Lukas.

horses4courses
12-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Excellent news :ThmbUp:

I'd hope that they look at the Donn next, though.

CincyHorseplayer
12-09-2013, 08:11 PM
That's great news CJ.Funny I was thinking about him while reading the form yesterday,what I would do this winter if I owned him.I wouldn't keep him out of training too long.With probably wear and tear on him right this second after an aggressive 2nd half campaign a short rest is due but as such a big horse too long a rest would be too long IMO.I'd shoot for a daily double of Donn and either Oaklawn/Santa Anita Handicap.Then a route to the Foster.

Already excited for the older handicap division next year!

andtheyreoff
12-09-2013, 08:17 PM
Excellent news :ThmbUp:

I'd hope that they look at the Donn next, though.

Considering Wayne's winter base is usually in Oaklawn, I imagine they'll point for the Razorback and the Oaklawn Handicap. Either way, great news. He'll do big things at four.

Tom
12-09-2013, 09:29 PM
WTH?
WTC WRA?

WTG!!!! :ThmbUp:

thespaah
12-09-2013, 11:36 PM
Great news IMO.
I concur..Hopefully the older horse division will be fun to watch and fun to bet on.
It's good to see older handicap/stakes horses knock heads.

Jasonm921
12-09-2013, 11:52 PM
Very excited to see him run....and if he's healthy it wont be one of those BS 5 race seasons either. I expect at least 10 races out of this Lukas runner.

Rex Phinney
12-10-2013, 12:51 AM
I think this guy is going to be a beast at 4. He just kept getting better at 3.

PhantomOnTour
12-10-2013, 12:55 AM
Could not be happier. I hate it when the good 3 y.o.'s retire.
I was particularly pissed when Hard Spun retired after his 3yr old campaign.
He had "Met Mile" written all over him, but never got the shot.

Glad WTC is coming back.

limit2
12-10-2013, 09:16 AM
This reminds me of Forego and Cigar. It was a pleasure to see them continue their careers past 3. Will Take Charge looks like a winner.

classhandicapper
12-10-2013, 09:51 AM
It will be nice to watch a first string 3yo get a chance to develop at 4, especially one that seemed to be improving.

CincyHorseplayer
12-10-2013, 11:04 AM
All right I read yesterday they are shooting for a 6 race campaign,so I'm revising his schedule! :cool:

Donn

Santa Anita Handicap

Pimlico Special

Stephen Foster

Jockey Club Gold Cup

Breeders Cup Classic

cj
12-10-2013, 12:08 PM
Six is better than zero, but that is disappointing.

Saratoga_Mike
12-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Six is better than zero, but that is disappointing.

geographically ambitious, at least

Cratos
12-10-2013, 05:07 PM
It is great to read that WTC will be returning to the races in 2014. This horse to me is reminiscent of another big horse (17+ hands) of long ago whose racing career got off to an unpropitious start and that horse was the great Forego.

WTC like Forego didn’t hit his stride early in career, but for whatever reason WTC appeared to wake up in the Jim Dandy and he has been serving notice ever since that he will be a force to be reckoned with and that is good for racing; especially in the older male division.

However he should get competition at that level with the likes of Palace Malice, Mucho Macho Man, Game on Dude, and Moreno among others who will be returning to the racetrack next year in the older division.

Additionally, it should be a lively year because the 3yo crop looks better than it has in many years with Honor Code (AP Indy), Strong Mandate (Tiznow), Havana (Dunkirk), Mexikoma (Birdstone) and New Year’s Day (Street Cry) being some of the prominent 2yos coming back to race in 2014.

classhandicapper
12-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Lukas, a 6 race campaign?

He must have been talking about January through March or just all the disappointing repeated tries on turf before going back to dirt. ;)

magwell
12-11-2013, 09:36 AM
I think this guy is going to be a beast at 4. He just kept getting better at 3. Ever Wonder where his chestnut color comes from.........?

maclr11
12-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Horton said in an article the other day that Dubai is possible but there are 6 or 7 million dollar American races he'd like to stay for plus a couple of minor ones. This is how I would see Lukas taking a sound horse to another BC.

Dubai Path
Donn Handicap Feb. Gulfstream
Santa Anita Handicap Mar 8th SA
Dubai World Cup Mar 29th Mey
Stephen Foster H. June Chu
Whitney H. First week of Aug Sar
Pacific Classic or Woodward
Jockey Club Gold Cup
Breeders Cup Classic
Clark

Non Dubai Path
Donn H
Santa Anita H.
Oaklawn H.
Alysheba
Stephen Foster or the Hollywood Gold Cup run in the end of June at Santa
Whitney H
Woodward or Pacific Classic
Jockey Club Gold Cup
BC Classic
Clark

cj
12-20-2013, 01:04 PM
I really hope our people stop pointing dirt horses to that Meydan track.

TheEdge07
12-20-2013, 01:41 PM
Im in the minority...its great to see lukas return WTC for his 4 year old season..I will gladly bet against WTC every single race in 2014.

JustRalph
12-20-2013, 03:08 PM
I really hope our people stop pointing dirt horses to that Meydan track.

You would think they would learn their lesson by now. I've never understood it. The purses are too much to pass up I guess.

cj
12-20-2013, 03:21 PM
You would think they would learn their lesson by now. I've never understood it. The purses are too much to pass up I guess.

Yeah, but 0% of $10,000,000 is still 0.

Saratoga_Mike
12-20-2013, 05:03 PM
Im in the minority...its great to see lukas return WTC for his 4 year old season..I will gladly bet against WTC every single race in 2014.

Sounds like a great strategy.

TheEdge07
12-20-2013, 07:12 PM
Sounds like a great strategy.

All day and twice on Sunday....might win 3 races all year in 2014.....

CincyHorseplayer
12-20-2013, 10:47 PM
All day and twice on Sunday....might win 3 races all year in 2014.....

I will probably bet the same way,but you are one of the most miserable f**ks on earth that follow this game.It will be better off when your sort dies.And I mean that literally.You are a scab on the anus of what's wrong with this game.

johnhannibalsmith
12-20-2013, 10:56 PM
I will probably bet the same way,but you are one of the most miserable f**ks on earth that follow this game.It will be better off when your sort dies.And I mean that literally.You are a scab on the anus of what's wrong with this game.

If I had a nickel for every time I said this to someone.

CincyHorseplayer
12-20-2013, 11:21 PM

I know.Here we have a great situation.Fresh off watching a big ass hoss come into his own and nearly bang up all comers.....

And we get the poo poo crowd...

Fresh news mind you!It makes me ill!3yo coming on late ready to be the mark for 2014.Isn't this the ideal?Yes,yes it is!! :cool:

TheEdge07
12-21-2013, 05:15 AM
I know.Here we have a great situation.Fresh off watching a big ass hoss come into his own and nearly bang up all comers.....

And we get the poo poo crowd...

Fresh news mind you!It makes me ill!3yo coming on late ready to be the mark for 2014.Isn't this the ideal?Yes,yes it is!! :cool:

Im glad he will be back.but.cincy.isnt he a great bet against in his races ?

TheEdge07
12-21-2013, 05:33 AM

If you will bet the same way then.why such hate..i clearly stated im glad Lukas is bringing back...Imo Wtc lies between his early.season form and late season form..i bet him in the.derby...im miserable because i think he might win 3 races the entire year..hoping me death...dude i dropped the pom poms a long time ago..
As a matter of fact i didnt think he would win the Foster..i.admitted to you i was wrong and you were right..
Funny i posted earlier in the summer Beholder imo was a better filly then Pos didnt matter the distance..all i heard was criquets after the distaff..
Your entitle to your opinion but you made it personal for whatever reason...make sure.you bump this thread half way thru 2014..i was man enough to admit i was wrong..make sure you do the same...

CincyHorseplayer
12-21-2013, 09:46 AM
If you will bet the same way then.why such hate..i clearly stated im glad Lukas is bringing back...Imo Wtc lies between his early.season form and late season form..i bet him in the.derby...im miserable because i think he might win 3 races the entire year..hoping me death...dude i dropped the pom poms a long time ago..
As a matter of fact i didnt think he would win the Foster..i.admitted to you i was wrong and you were right..
Funny i posted earlier in the summer Beholder imo was a better filly then Pos didnt matter the distance..all i heard was criquets after the distaff..
Your entitle to your opinion but you made it personal for whatever reason...make sure.you bump this thread half way thru 2014..i was man enough to admit i was wrong..make sure you do the same...

It's only personal because I see plenty of your self started topics that are basically bitching about this game.And that resonates in me with the old codgers I see at the track who piss and moan but are there everyday and think they are spokesmen and representatives of the game.I am the complete antithesis of that so when I see it rearing it's ugly head I react accordingly.I think it's BS.Nothing more.

CincyHorseplayer
12-21-2013, 10:10 AM

I didn't read the end of your post.This isn't about being right or wrong.There won't need to be any bump the post to prove something.I certainly wasn't thinking about the Clark thread at all when this one popped up.Apparently you were.All I am doing here is combating preordained negativity.Here we have a positive situation and you are just waiting on the losses.Clinging to what you believe is the certainty.Which it is because even the great ones lose.I'm making no declarations of greatness but reveling in the fact that it makes the older handicap division strong for 2014.And that's good enough for me.I look forward to seeing some competitive races and think we have a strong crop of soon to be 3's on our hands and I definitely look forward to winning some or a lot of money next year and sharing in the dough with my brethren on here.What do you look forward to?Please tell me more than waiting for this horse to lose so you can bump this thread.

TheEdge07
12-21-2013, 10:38 AM
Cool..respect your opinion......

CincyHorseplayer
12-21-2013, 11:24 AM
Cool..respect your opinion......

Thanks and I'm trying to change yours a little!I honestly do not mean at all to come off like a hardass.I simply think we are playing the greatest game there is and I even have to kick myself in my own ass on occasion to wake up and enjoy the fact so I don't drown in my own cynicism.Compared to staring at the same faces for 8 hours at a table watching dice roll or cards flip there is nothing that tops watching yourself win with a stretch run of a horse race.And better yet the guy in the mirror for all his flaws is the mathematical certainty when proved over time.Talk about ideal!

Have a good holiday man!

PhantomOnTour
12-21-2013, 11:34 AM
That's the Christmas spirit

TheEdge07
12-21-2013, 11:38 AM
Thanks and I'm trying to change yours a little!I honestly do not mean at all to come off like a hardass.I simply think we are playing the greatest game there is and I even have to kick myself in my own ass on occasion to wake up and enjoy the fact so I don't drown in my own cynicism.Compared to staring at the same faces for 8 hours at a table watching dice roll or cards flip there is nothing that tops watching yourself win with a stretch run of a horse race.And better yet the guy in the mirror for all his flaws is the mathematical certainty when proved over time.Talk about ideal!

Have a good holiday man!

Cincy happy holidays to you and love ones... brother we are all in this together..

CincyHorseplayer
12-21-2013, 11:39 AM
That's the Christmas spirit

Is repetitive Unbridled Negativity wire to wire all year the Christmas spirit or just when I pipe up to shoot it down?

PhantomOnTour
12-21-2013, 11:44 AM
Is repetitive Unbridled Negativity wire to wire all year the Christmas spirit or just when I pipe up to shoot it down?
You missed the point - pipe up all you want, but man, some of those words were a bit over the line.

miserable f*ck
better off when your sort dies, literally
scab on the anus

wtf is that?

cj
12-21-2013, 12:16 PM

What the heck is this? Sounds like you are in need of a lengthy vacation from PA.

Steve 'StatMan'
12-21-2013, 01:00 PM
You missed the point - pipe up all you want, but man, some of those words were a bit over the line.

miserable f*ck
better off when your sort dies, literally
scab on the anus

wtf is that?

Well, if he'd left out 'literally', it'd be a Haiku.

Saratoga_Mike
12-21-2013, 04:09 PM

That's really funny.

Fast-forward 10 or 15 posts and the two posters are best friends. Just goes to show, the old "scab on the anus" line can really bring people together.

JustRalph
12-21-2013, 04:46 PM
Scabrous was used in a NY Times article this week.

Next time you can save a few words :ThmbUp:

At least he didn't call him a scabrous cracker

PaceAdvantage
12-22-2013, 02:21 AM
What the heck is this? Sounds like you are in need of a lengthy vacation from PA.Or a lengthy vacation from something! :lol:

CincyHorseplayer
12-22-2013, 06:53 AM
I guess I could choose my words more wisely when I blow a gasket.I'd just assume not play the "let me insult this guy as extensively as humanly possible without cussing" game,keep it as short as possible,drop it off and have it out of my system.I apologized,made the attempt to explain where I was coming from,and didn't play add on.I try not to contaminate threads when something irks me.