PDA

View Full Version : My Kerry Revelation...

sq764
03-27-2004, 09:16 AM
The more I watch and listen to Kerry speak about his ideals and stances, the more it scares the living shit out of me to even imagine him as our president.

kenwoodallpromos
03-27-2004, 01:40 PM
Another Gore but with a bummed-out look! Scary? Who, Lurch or Herman Munster?!

Tom
03-27-2004, 02:42 PM
He looks like a tall rider with a short barn who keeps forgetting to duck when he rides in at night! :D

cj
03-27-2004, 02:51 PM
I saw a picture of him in his uniform, strikingly similiar to one Gomer Pyle...scary!

Tom
03-27-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
I saw a picture of him in his uniform, strikingly similiar to one Gomer Pyle...scary!

Goooooo-lee!

JustMissed
03-27-2004, 03:32 PM
He looks so tired since that Botox wore off. I'm not sure he will be able to campaign till the fall.

Pretty upsetting that we have no choice.

Not that I'm so much against Bush, I voted for him last time, but it would be nice to have two viable candidates and I can't believe Kerry is the best the dems could do. Gotta be rigged.

JustMissed

JustRalph
03-27-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by JustMissed
He looks so tired since that Botox wore off. I'm not sure he will be able to campaign till the fall. Pretty upsetting that we have no choice. Not that I'm so much against Bush, I voted for him last time, but it would be nice to have two viable candidates and I can't believe Kerry is the best the dems could do. Gotta be rigged.

JustMissed

It's always the less of two evils...........

B. Comin'
03-27-2004, 06:50 PM
One of Kerry's best friends and contributors owns the top real estate companies in Vietnam (yes, u read rite, no spin, maybe even D2U can understand dis' part of da' post).

Plus I can't see Kerry's wife as the first lady: she rarely look's at him in his win speeches and looks like she's on prozac, zoloft, or some kinda 'grow x-tra hair drug'. Watch her sometime when he's talking. Actually to be fair and balanced, I heard she is really a nice person that would give you the hair off of her back!

sq764
03-27-2004, 10:58 PM
Hmm, a president and first lady that can't stand each other in office.. I just can't picture it!!

kenwoodallpromos
03-28-2004, 02:09 AM
Another married Demo Co-presidency who hate each other! / I'm not racist, but aren't wives of Lieberman, Dean, and Kerry all Jews? Maybe the Jew-screamers have a point as to Demos?

cryptic1
03-28-2004, 08:57 PM
and what would that point be, that isn't, ahem, rascist? from
a so called unbiased poster with two similiar posts in one day!

cryptic1, who has known many jewish wifes.

kenwoodallpromos
03-29-2004, 12:45 AM
A previous thread commented about jews in congress. I thought it unusual that 3 contenders' wives were jewish and worth commenting on since the terrorists claim Israel as their #1 enemy and Kerry's wife organized the congreesion jewish wives into a special group. Since I am not racist i guess I do not have a particular point!

Lance
03-29-2004, 02:26 AM
Kenwood wrote:

"I'm not racist, but aren't wives of Lieberman, Dean, and Kerry all Jews?"

No. John Kerry's wife is Catholic.

"Maybe the Jew-screamers have a point..."

No sentence that begins like this can possibly come to any good.

"Kerry's wife organized the congreesion jewish wives into a special group."

I believe that what she did was to join other congressional wives in trying to help Jews get out of the Soviet Union--where they were trapped in very unpleasant circumstances.

wolsons
03-29-2004, 06:28 AM
"A previous thread commented about jews in congress..."

Ken neglected to state that he started THAT thread...but it's OK, at least he's not a racist!

Steve

kenwoodallpromos
03-29-2004, 04:49 PM
Actually, LJKB started the jew in congress comments in another thread.

JustRalph
03-29-2004, 08:00 PM
Ken is getting killed in here.......LJB did start the topic in another thread and I think Amazin jump started it again in another. I don't know Ken from Adam, and in fact we have mixed it up a little in here, but he is getting a raw deal on this one guys. A spade is a spade and you guys are going after him for adding to the dialogue. He did nothing wrong.

Kerry's wife started a group to get the Jews out of Russia, because theeeey were in a bad position? Isn't everybody over there in a bad position? Why only the Jews....... I bet her husband didn't support Reagan when he was outsmarting old Gorby and the group. Life in Russia did improve as a result of that. It is kind of funny where the line gets drawn sometime. I find that interesting........and it would have never come up had Ken not mentioned it. That is what I mean about enhancing the dialogue. Get it?

Lance
03-29-2004, 08:43 PM
Justralph wrote:

"you guys are going after him for adding to the dialogue."

I'm not going after anyone, Justralph. I am simply pointing out that Kenwood is adding to the dialogue things that are not true. Teresa Heinz Kerry is not Jewish. She did not organize congressional Jewish wives. Kenwood should simply acknowledge that he made misstatements. She was an original member of a group that helped to get Jews out of the Soviet Union and to Israel. The history of Jews in Russia and the Soviet Union would rip anyone's heart out--provided he is familiar with it.

"I bet her husband didn't support Reagan when he was outsmarting old Gorby and the group."

This may be one of those times, JustRalph, when you should have read first and typed later. Teresa Heinz Kerry was married to a Republican (Senator Heinz of Pennsylvania) at the time she helped start the organization.

JustRalph
03-29-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Lance
This may be one of those times, JustRalph, when you should have read first and typed later. Teresa Heinz Kerry was married to a Republican (Senator Heinz of Pennsylvania) at the time she helped start the organization.

I know that .......... but what the hell does that have to do with John Kerry not supporting Reagan......it was a related point.....I didn't say that she and John F'ing Kerry were together at the time. I was pointing out the dichotomy of their positions and how ironic it seems now that they are working together to garner the Presidency.

The point being that She has a history of trying to help the people in that country and he fought Reagan on trying to do the same thing by liberating them from Communism. This was at the same time she was working for the Jews in Russia. Do you not find that Ironic in some sort of way? Let me put it this way......

Him being politically wrong as measured by history and it being contradictory to her actions during the same time, in some ways they were fighting against each other ?

Lance..... I bow to your obvious greater knowledge. I would have never known how to find out that info. You mystify me with your Political Acumen. I am known as the board fool around these parts. Think of me as the OTIS of Mayberry when it comes to politics........I am a little slow......please ....be.....kind to us good ole boys!

Lance
03-30-2004, 12:56 AM
JustRalph wrote:

"it was a related point.....I didn't say that she and John F'ing Kerry were together at the time. I was pointing out the dichotomy of their positions and how ironic it seems now that they are working together to garner the Presidency."

Oh, please.

"John F'ing Kerry"

Nice.

Look, Ralph, Kenwood was suggesting that John Kerry's wife was Jewish, that she started an organization of congressional Jewish wives, and that we Americans were going to get into trouble with terrorists because of it. He also stated that he likes to do a lot of research. He retracted nothing. You then said he has done nothing wrong. Is this correct? Can we leave it there?

kenwoodallpromos
03-30-2004, 04:01 PM
Please remind me when I made that statement? / You did not read my apology yest because I re-research also! You are correct that I misstated THK's concerns for memberships. / We will elect who we want as president and if the terrorists do not like it they can go to hell. I prefer Lieberman to Kerry, but will probably vote for Nader. Probably would have voted for Edwards but Ca votes Demo for pres regardless of who I pick.

wolsons
03-30-2004, 04:06 PM
my head is starting to hurt again...

Lefty
03-30-2004, 04:55 PM
What's wrong with John F'ing Kerry? It was he, after all, that decided it was cool to use that word in an interview. I see nothing wrong in "sticking" him with it.

JustRalph
03-30-2004, 05:27 PM
Can we leave it there?

Lance...... I think others get my point. BTW, The John F'ing Kerry has been a popular nick name for him since he did the magazine interview using the F-word over and over. So I didn't coin the phrase. But I do kind of like it.

I won't argue with you over Ken's posts....he is getting hammered unjustly though. you implied that I didn't know about T. Heinz and her first husband etc. I explained my point for those who didn't get it.

Lance
03-30-2004, 08:14 PM
JustRalph wrote:

"you implied that I didn't know about T. Heinz and her first husband etc."

You are right. I did imply that. Can we agree that you wrote a bad sentence, Ralph? Its meaning was ambiguous. If we can agree on that, I will happily give you the benefit of the doubt on T Heinz, and we can agree that both of us are operating in good faith. Fair enough?

"The John F'ing Kerry has been a popular nick name for him since he did the magazine interview using the F-word over and over."

Right. The Rolling Stone interview in which Kerry was trying too hard to be hip. President Bush has also been known to throw around that word. But I will not call him President F###### Bush. I think that would be disrespectful. I don't care how foul his mouth is. I will try to control mine.

JustRalph
03-30-2004, 08:39 PM
You might have a point about the sentence........ I could have replaced "her husband" with "John Kerry" and it would have been a little more clear.

in good faith.......and "Fair Enough"

Lance
03-30-2004, 08:43 PM
Kenwood wrote:

"Please remind me when I made that statement?"

On this string. Here it is:

"I thought it unusual that 3 contenders' wives were jewish and worth commenting on since the terrorists claim Israel as their #1 enemy and Kerry's wife organized the congreesion jewish wives into a special group."

"We will elect who we want as president and if the terrorists do not like it they can go to hell."

Well said, Kenwood. Finally, if I may, I think the title of the string you started, "Jews in US Congress," is just about the worst title I can imagine. My heart sinks every time I see it. A prerequisite for persecuting people is IDENTIFYING them. The history here is so horrific that I think we are well-advised always to keep it in mind. I think this is part of the reason many people, including me, thought your posts were offensive. But I don't think you meant any harm.

Lefty
03-30-2004, 09:08 PM
Lance would you care to give an example of Pres Bush openly and proudly using the same word that John F'ing Kerry did?

Larry Hamilton
03-30-2004, 09:35 PM
I see I made a mistake in judgement, in the future, I will shut up.

kenwoodallpromos
03-30-2004, 11:18 PM
Actually I was making the point, when I thought Mrs. Kerry was Jewish, that the more highly positioned Jews are, the more the terrorists dislike it. I stand by that analysis. But I am not interested in seeing the USA kissing terrorist ass! We cannot let special interests or outside influences deter us from exercising the administration of the government how we think best. And that includes eliminating the Electoral College, if there is enough support.

Lefty
03-30-2004, 11:34 PM
Eliminate the electotal college? That's nuts. That just lets the big states like NY and CA control the election.

kenwoodallpromos
03-30-2004, 11:55 PM
I just threw that in because I mentioned the majority control idea. I have not heard Kerry advocate ending the Electoral College yet, but he and Bush are both acting like a couple of windsocks so who knows?

Lance
03-31-2004, 06:58 AM
Lefty: He said it to two US senators, I believe. It was reported in Time. Google search gets it done in two seconds. You asked for one example. This is one example. It was "open." I cannot judge whether it was "proud."

Larry Hamilton: Please do me a favor. If you have something to say to me, say it. OK?

Lefty
03-31-2004, 11:50 AM
Lance, Bush didn't say if for publication. Kerry pandered to what he thought was the "cool" crowd for publication. He's still John F'ING Kerry in my book.

Tom
03-31-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Lefty
Eliminate the electotal college? That's nuts. That just lets the big states like NY and CA control the election.
Don't they now?
I say get rid of the electoral college and make every single vote count, no matter where it is cast of who casts it.
As long as the chad isn't left hanging:rolleyes:

Lefty
03-31-2004, 07:30 PM
Tom, no. If they did, Gore would be Pres.
SCARY!

Lance
03-31-2004, 08:19 PM
Lefty wrote:

"Bush didn't say if for publication. Kerry pandered to what he thought was the "cool" crowd for publication."

I agree.

"He's still John F'ING Kerry in my book."

We have every right to call these characters whatever we want. That is one of the many great things about this country. Still, I wish you'd reconsider. Here's another reason: By calling him John F'ing Kerry, you are making it much less likely that serious, intelligent people will debate Kerry with you. As a result, you are not competing at the highest level possible. Thus, your skills are certain to suffer. Lefty, for your own selfish reasons, you ought to drop the "F'ing" and go after Kerry on his policies.

Lefty
03-31-2004, 08:24 PM
Oh, I disagree with his policies and I could care a fig if anyone wants to debate with me or not. Why should we let these guys say outlandish things and not stick them with it?
So he remains, Jihn F'ing Kerry, forever.

Lefty
03-31-2004, 08:43 PM
Lance, it's just much catchier than, say, John, "gonna raise your taxes" Kerry. Or John," gonna kiss the U.N.'s ass" Kerry.
Or even, John, "raise the gas tax a half-buck" Kerry.

Lance
03-31-2004, 09:13 PM
Lefty,

I'm not a big Kerry fan. I thought John Edwards would have been a much stronger candidate in a general election, but how about John chest-full-of-medals-that-deserve-our-respect-even-if-we-hate-his-ass Kerry?

Lefty
03-31-2004, 09:26 PM
He has medals. I appreciate that. Doesn't qualify him to be Pres. I thght you said we should judge on his policies. The other names I gave were derived from his policies. The first name was from something HE said. Whad'ya want from me?
Edwards, Kerry, what's the diff? Wrong-thinking Dems, IMHO. There ya go.

Lance
03-31-2004, 09:39 PM
Lefty wrote: "I thght you said we should judge on his policies."

No, I said you should drop the "F'ing" and attack him on his policies. Do his medals qualify him to be president? Of course not. Do they entitle him to a certain amount of respect even if we hate his guts? I think so, but I will not fight to make my opinion your opinion.

JustRalph
03-31-2004, 09:43 PM
Lefty,I'm not a big Kerry fan. I thought John Edwards would have been a much stronger candidate in a general election, but how about John chest-full-of-medals-that-deserve-our-respect-even-if-we-hate-his-ass Kerry?

I have arrested a few guys with a chest full of medals. It doesn't qualify you for nothing except for the obvious, the job that got you the medals. If you have ever been in the Military you know that there are a bunch of guys running around with medals and a whole bunch of them can't find their asses with both hands.

The other night I heard someone on a cable channel say
"John Kerry has faced flying bullets, and he came out alive and that is enough qualification for me"

If that is the case there are a bunch of people out there who must be qualifed to be President. Including a gazzillion cops in this country. It is ludicrous to equate the Vietnam experience with being qualified to be President.

Lance
03-31-2004, 09:47 PM
I'm glad I type faster than you, Ralph. Please read my previous post.

Lefty
03-31-2004, 09:58 PM
How about John "I betrayed my fellow soldiers with hearsay stories" Kerry.

Lance
03-31-2004, 10:05 PM
Lefty,

You are using quotation marks. Who are you quoting?

Lefty
03-31-2004, 10:30 PM
Just putting the possible name in quotes. Or am I quoting myself? One never knows, does one?

kenwoodallpromos
04-01-2004, 12:16 AM
Lefty- If you go around quoting yourself on public streets, do what I did- get a dog or a cell phone so people do not think you are talking to yourself!LOL! / Kerry nickname- How about John F (orget about me admitting to congress under oath that I committed atrocities in Vietnam) Kerry?

Lefty
04-01-2004, 12:21 AM
Ken, in Vegas, nobody thinks anything of it. Most of us walk around mumbling or screaming.

Lance
04-01-2004, 06:06 AM
Lefty wrote:

"Just putting the possible name in quotes. Or am I quoting myself? One never knows, does one?"

Yeah, who cares about scholarship when there is a war hero to be attacked? Lefty, two instant thoughts (guesses, really) from someone who knows you not a bit: 1: You are a nice guy, a good guy, someone I wish I lived next door to. 2: When it comes to politics, you have gone your entire life without once convincing someone to adopt your position.

Lefty: You state your positions. You stand your ground. You fight. I respect that--especially after having received a couple of pathetic jabs from Larry Hamilton.

Lefty
04-01-2004, 12:26 PM
Lance, if you consider presenting facts or sticking a guy with a humorous name because of what he has done or said an attack, i submit it is not an attack; it is truth. Kerry's voting record is pathetic. And when it's presented by Repubs and conservative pundits it's viewed as an attack. What he did after the war to his comrades in those hearings was pathetic.
If he didn't want this stuff talked about, then he shouldn't have done it.
And to say i've never changed anyone's mind? What brght that on? How the hell do you know? I have changed a few friends minds and who knows, maybe i've changed a few minds on this board; but don't know and neither do you.
Scholorship? To put a nickname in quotes to distinguish it from a real name is perfectly legitimate form.

JustRalph
04-01-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by kenwoodallpromos
Lefty- If you go around quoting yourself on public streets, do what I did- get a dog or a cell phone so people do not think you are talking to yourself!LOL! / Kerry nickname- How about John F (orget about me admitting to congress under oath that I committed atrocities in Vietnam) Kerry?

I knew a homeless guy who slept outside the "Ticket Master"
every night and nobody ever knew...............he was homeless

Lance
04-01-2004, 08:50 PM
Lefty,

Idea for first presidential debate: Bush and Kerry discuss what they were doing when they were 18-25, and why they were doing it. Kerry already proposed this. No interest from Bush. Too bad. A debate between Kerry and Bush over Vietnam would be compelling TV, don't you think?

Tom
04-01-2004, 09:32 PM
How about a debate as to what they will do about Al Qeda?

Lefty
04-01-2004, 09:45 PM
You Kerryites want to focus on a 40 yr old war because that's the last good thing your guy did, then he made a bunch of hearsay claims and even ruined that.
Let's debate how come he talks about outsourcing but takes money ftom companies that outsource. Let's talk about how he would handle the CURRENT war by letting the corrupt U.N. call the shots. Let him tell us how tax increases can help the economy? And if you want to talk about vietnam let him explain the speech when Clinton was running that gave Clinton a "pass" on that war but not willing to do same for Bush. Hypocritical?
I understand he's a Catholic but supports abortion rights but the Catholic Church does not. Hypocritical?

schweitz
04-01-2004, 10:06 PM
Lefty,

Idea for first presidential debate: Bush and Kerry discuss what they were doing when they were 18-25, and why they were doing it. Kerry already proposed this. No interest from Bush. Too bad. A debate between Kerry and Bush over Vietnam would be compelling TV, don't you think?

Lance---I agree with Tom and Lefty; but if you really want to talk about it are you aware that Kerry went to his draft board seeking a deferment so he could go to France to study? He was turned down.

Lefty
04-01-2004, 10:42 PM
He was turned down and that's when he joined the Navy cause he knew he couldn't avoid it. But it's a 40 yr old war. What can this extreme leftist do to help this country?
Raise taxes? Won't help.
Let the U.N. control our military. Not a help.
Defund the intelligence community? That sure was a real good idea he had, wasn't it?
Vote Bush. Keep the terrorists on the run. Now that's an idea!

Lance
04-02-2004, 06:11 AM
Schweitz wrote:

"if you really want to talk about it are you aware that Kerry went to his draft board seeking a deferment so he could go to France to study? He was turned down."

Schweitz, I will put my thinking cap on and endeavor to be up to discussing the Vietnam War with you--provided you "really want to talk about it." This Bush-Kerry Vietnam debate: It will not happen. Kerry challenged Bush, but Bush blew Kerry off. Any opinion as to why?

Lance
04-02-2004, 06:17 AM
Lefty wrote:

"He was turned down and that's when he joined the Navy cause he knew he couldn't avoid it."

He couldn't avoid joining the navy? Please, Lefty, you can write better than this. I have seen you do it. When you do it again, I will reply.

schweitz
04-02-2004, 10:39 AM
Schweitz wrote:

"if you really want to talk about it are you aware that Kerry went to his draft board seeking a deferment so he could go to France to study? He was turned down."

Schweitz, I will put my thinking cap on and endeavor to be up to discussing the Vietnam War with you--provided you "really want to talk about it." This Bush-Kerry Vietnam debate: It will not happen. Kerry challenged Bush, but Bush blew Kerry off. Any opinion as to why?

So you were or were not aware of Kerry trying to get a deferment?

Yes--I have an opinion; a Vietnam debate is not relevant. What is relevant is Kerry's voting record and Bush's record as president.

Be patient---you will get your debate on the real issues down the road.

Be carefull what you wish for!

Lefty
04-02-2004, 11:43 AM
Lance, read my post a spot more carefully. He couldn't avoid the draft so he joined the navy to keep from going into the army.
Don't you think it a tad hypocritical that in the first Clinton election Kerry gave this big speech that vietnam was a long way off and whether one served or didn't shouldn't be an issue and now he's strutting his war medals(that he supposedly threw away)and he and his party seek to denigrate Bush for not serving in Vietnam. Isn't that just another flip flop?

Lance
04-02-2004, 08:48 PM
Schweitz wrote:

"So you were or were not aware of Kerry trying to get a deferment?"

I read that somewhere, yes. Gee, I wonder whether anyone in the Bush Administration did anything like this. Kerry fought in the war and was a hero. He risked his life to save another man's life. I will not ridicule him.

"What is relevant is Kerry's voting record and Bush's record as president."

Did you think this way when Clinton was running?

schweitz
04-02-2004, 09:01 PM

"What is relevant is Kerry's voting record and Bush's record as president."

Yes--and I voted for Perot both times.

PaceAdvantage
04-02-2004, 10:43 PM

Now why did you have to go and bring up Clinton when the topic is on Vietnam? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

Lance
04-03-2004, 01:10 AM
Clinton's Vietnam problems are the entire point, PA. Schweitz obviously understood that.

PaceAdvantage
04-03-2004, 01:16 AM
Yup, you got me. You get the gold star...carry on....

BTW, why no PM or email allowed on your account? I wanted to ask you something privately....at least allow Private Messaging...jeez...