PDA

View Full Version : MNR-Overachiever

JimL
03-27-2004, 09:07 AM
Last nights 3rd race at MNR, was won by Stone Ledge, a 4k claimer. He paid $61.00 to win. Since 11\25\03, he has started five times winning three, paying $105.00, $96.00, and last nights $61.00! Budda, please help me out with this one!!! JimL

Buddha
03-27-2004, 10:02 AM
I have no idea. Someone actually came in before the third race and said he was told to bet the horse. I kept looking at the horse, and just wouldnt have been able to play the thing. Seems to have done his best running off a short layoff.

One thing the horse did kinda have going for him is he seemed to be an in and out horse, and last night was the "in" race.

JimL
03-27-2004, 11:32 AM
I think Barry Meadow, did some research on this and concluded that betting on all overachievers was a losing proposition. I am not sure how overachiever was defined in his study. For myself if a horse has three boxcar scores in his or her pp they will be on my ticket! No way I could have played the horse last night. JimL

The_Knight_Sky
03-27-2004, 10:58 PM
I did some trainer research at The Mountain,
hope to dig up something on the Langley-Marcial combo shortly.

For now it looks like he lucked out with a perfect trip
when the three ply speed duel collapsed in front of him....
the only living thing in the neighborhood by the time the wire arrived.

CHART: MNR3 (http://www.tsnhorse.com/cgi-bin/instant.cgi?type=inc&country=USA&track=MNR&date=2004-03-26&race=3)