PDA

View Full Version : Snowy NFL Sunday Dec 8 thread.

Stillriledup
12-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Yes, i DID select KC as my BB.

*little yellow man eating popcorn*

Stillriledup
12-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Wow, how bad are these Redskins, maybe they SHOULD change their names to the Washington Incognito's. :D

precocity
12-08-2013, 02:57 PM
Wow, how bad are these Redskins, maybe they SHOULD change their names to the Washington Incognito's. :D
eagles vs detroit game is wonderful to see.. :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
12-08-2013, 03:08 PM

I saw it was 8-0.

Im flipping back and forth between TVG and The " skins game". :D

But i DO have the other game on Free tv, maybe i'll czech it out.

Tom
12-08-2013, 04:03 PM
This is the best game I've seen since at least 1975! Used to be every weekend was like this, before domes and tops ans stuff. This is a throwback. :)

precocity
12-08-2013, 04:19 PM
ravens sorry cj dad suck!!!!!

precocity
12-08-2013, 04:21 PM
This is the best game I've seen since at least 1975! Used to be every weekend was like this, before domes and tops ans stuff. This is a throwback. :)
agreed tom! where's GOD :lol: he ran a good one last time out :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
12-08-2013, 04:38 PM
Is there any team in history that's been outplayed like New England has been played this year and they just get miracle win after miracle win. These guys are a .500 team sitting at 10-3.

precocity
12-08-2013, 04:50 PM
they won,but cant cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Stillriledup
12-08-2013, 05:02 PM
they won,but cant cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

They covered if you bet the money line! :D

precocity
12-08-2013, 05:45 PM
They covered if you bet the money line! :D
:rolleyes: got a 3 teamer rolling for a dime and a half don't jinx me ;)

cj
12-08-2013, 06:00 PM
New NFL record for a field goal, 64 yards by Matt Prater.

PhantomOnTour
12-08-2013, 06:29 PM
As a Steelers fan I must make the following announcement:

I will not be discussing this NFL season any further; thank you

:)

Stillriledup
12-08-2013, 06:31 PM
As a Steelers fan I must make the following announcement:

I will not be discussing this NFL season any further; thank you

:)

Yep, you know the Steelers had no advantage being in cold, raw weather against the thin-blooded Dolphins. :bang:

Sorry POT. :(

cj's dad
12-08-2013, 08:42 PM

Who sucks, me ? Ravens won in one of the most thrilling finishes ever. Sorry you were on the wrong side of a wager. Also, the lead changes in the 4th quarter were the most ever in an NFL game.

BTW- I am pretty sure the players do not care about the point spread.

Stillriledup
12-08-2013, 09:00 PM
Who sucks, me ? Ravens won in one of the most thrilling finishes ever. Sorry you were on the wrong side of a wager. Also, the lead changes in the 4th quarter were the most ever in an NFL game.

You think no players care about the spread or even know what it is?

cj's dad
12-08-2013, 09:05 PM
You think no players care about the spread or even know what it is?

So you think that if they do know or care that they are going to admit that fact?? Really ?? Ever hear of Alex Karras and Paul Horning ?

FYI- I said they don't care about the spread, I did not say they were unaware of it. You stated that, not me !!

wiffleball whizz
12-08-2013, 09:21 PM

First time I was jumping around for a win In a long time

When the Vikings scored that last go ahead touchdown it was the lowest point of my football career.......

This was a great finish I'm sure if I was at f&m it would have been my best experience in baltimore

precocity
12-08-2013, 09:49 PM

ehh not kissing azz but your right???????

precocity
12-08-2013, 09:51 PM

When the Vikings scored that last go ahead touchdown it was the lowest point of my football career.......

This was a great finish I'm sure if I was at f&m it would have been my best experience in baltimore
:lol: :lol:

cj's dad
12-08-2013, 09:53 PM

Correction- that would be meeting me !:rolleyes:

rastajenk
12-08-2013, 09:54 PM
I picked a great week to go with three unders in the contest. :rolleyes:

Stillriledup
12-08-2013, 10:17 PM
So you think that if they do know or care that they are going to admit that fact?? Really ?? Ever hear of Alex Karras and Paul Horning ?

FYI- I said they don't care about the spread, I did not say they were unaware of it. You stated that, not me !!

Yes, you didnt say that you thought they were unaware of it, but if you think they're aware of it, and they know they're an underdog who is getting no respect from the oddsmakers and general public, might this not "fire them up" to stick it in the faces of the people who bet against them? You don't think Belichick might tell the Pats in next January's Championship game in Denver that they're 3 pt underdogs and "nobody" thinks they could win? ;)

Valuist
12-09-2013, 10:42 AM
There's been a ridiculous amount of overs this season (56%). Joe Public has to love this but the rest of us have been getting hurt betting unders.

Having said that, no way I can be on the over tonight. Winds 20-25 will hurt passing and kicking games, temperature around 10 degrees (above zero) will make the ball feel like lead. Wind chill should be right around zero. Dallas gets Sean Lee back, arguably their top defensive player. Brandon Marshall will likely play, but could be limited due to an injured quad. Bears run D is terrible but Dallas has shown a reluctance to run, even though Murray is a more than capable RB. Under 48.5

BetHorses!
12-09-2013, 10:56 AM
There's been a ridiculous amount of overs this season (56%). Joe Public has to love this but the rest of us have been getting hurt betting unders.

Denver games over in all but one, I think

Valuist
12-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Denver games over in all but one, I think

I have them going under against Washington and San Diego and a push vs Jax.

wiffleball whizz
12-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Correction- that would be meeting me !:rolleyes:

Took me to the evil side at that strip club......don't think I've won gambling since---true story

proximity
12-09-2013, 05:26 PM
Took me to the evil side at that strip club......don't think I've won gambling since---true story

i take it that means you didn't get over to charles town this weekend. ;)

BetHorses!
12-09-2013, 06:42 PM
I have them going under against Washington and San Diego and a push vs Jax.

San Diego went Under, its the only Under I have

Wash total closed at 59 ...Final was 45-21

Jax closed 52.5 ...Final 35-19

Valuist
12-09-2013, 10:08 PM
San Diego went Under, its the only Under I have

Wash total closed at 59 ...Final was 45-21

Jax closed 52.5 ...Final 35-19

Actually it was against KC. Total closed 49 and Denver won 27-17 (1st meeting).

wiffleball whizz
12-09-2013, 10:17 PM
i take it that means you didn't get over to charles town this weekend. ;)

By the time I get home from work on Friday it's 7 and I couldn't get to CT by 9 so why even go......then Saturday I'm locked at home watching NCAA football....that's over now so Saturday trips to ct May be the way to go.........prob could recruit cjs dad to go too.,.....

cj's dad
12-09-2013, 10:20 PM
By the time I get home from work on Friday it's 7 and I couldn't get to CT by 9 so why even go......then Saturday I'm locked at home watching NCAA football....that's over now so Saturday trips to ct May be the way to go.........prob could recruit cjs dad to go too.,.....

Only if you are driving !!!

wiffleball whizz
12-09-2013, 10:49 PM
Only if you are driving !!!

Yes........100000000 percent

Forgot what u said en route to the strip club going the wrong way in a one way :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

proximity
12-09-2013, 10:57 PM
..prob could recruit cjs dad to go too.,.....

ct was the first track i ever met cjd at. his son cj was there too and i recall approaching the group with my drf and asking cj if he knew anything about pace handicapping. :D

precocity
12-10-2013, 09:16 AM
and the cowgirls suck worst! couldn't stop a snowflake in that game.

Rookies
12-11-2013, 07:22 PM
Last week was simply the GREATEST week for Fantastic Finishes I've ever seen in the NFL.

Back and forth, it seemed like whoever had the ball last was going to score again in most of the 1p.m. games. Even when the Brownies went up 12? with a minute and change to go, we knew they were so bad, they would blow it to the Patsies.

And they did.

Rookies
12-11-2013, 07:27 PM
BTW, what was wrong with BOTH Carroll & Harbaugh as that one wound down?

Clearly, with ZERO TOs, Carroll had to instruct the Seahags to let San Fran score and give Wilson 1:50 to come back.

Clearly, Harbaugh had to tell Kap to kneel on the ball and run the clock down to nothing.

Neither one, (arguably in the Top 5 NFL Coaches) had Clue One. The boys and I were right on it, as SF broke the huddle for 2nd down.

tucker6
12-11-2013, 08:17 PM
BTW, what was wrong with BOTH Carroll & Harbaugh as that one wound down?

Clearly, with ZERO TOs, Carroll had to instruct the Seahags to let San Fran score and give Wilson 1:50 to come back.

Clearly, Harbaugh had to tell Kap to kneel on the ball and run the clock down to nothing.

Neither one, (arguably in the Top 5 NFL Coaches) had Clue One. The boys and I were right on it, as SF broke the huddle for 2nd down.
Belichick
Payton
Fox
Balt Harbaugh
Reid
Tomlin

Compared to those guys, Carroll has done jack squat in the NFL. Don't get me wrong, I think Carroll has improved immensely from his first go-round, but he's not top 5 yet, and it's not even arguable. Top ten yes, but let's not annoint him as the flavor of the month like we do QB's.

BetHorses!
12-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Actually it was against KC. Total closed 49 and Denver won 27-17 (1st meeting).

correct so Denver games went Over in 11 out of 13