PDA

View Full Version : Stock

Jrdhorse
03-27-2004, 07:39 AM
All that magna stock I have been accumulating I guess I will have to sit on now!!!!!!!!:mad: Lord knows when they will ever legalize slots!!!! I guess I will keep buying it and hold it for the long term. Cant beat it at 5 dollars a share. If they were to get slots surely it would jump up to at least 20. The same thing happened with penn National gaming when CharlesTown got slots went from 4 dollars to 20 dollars!!!!!!!! I am still in!!!!!

Figman
03-27-2004, 10:04 AM
Magna Entertainment reported losses of $103,161,000 in the fourth quarter of 2003 and $105,097,000 for the year. Give me the $5 per share that you are considering purchasing. Or better yet, flush it down the toilet.

The losses above are about to be compounded by the poor 2004 start at Santa Anita and Gulfstream Park. The MEC management is clueless!

John
03-27-2004, 10:29 AM
JRDHORSE

What is the trade name for Manga. I would like to watch it for a while.

penguinfan
03-27-2004, 11:06 AM
Trades under the tag MECA, closed at $5.74 yesterday.

Penguinfan

EDIT= Just spent a few minutes looking over this stock and I have to say the potential downside here is overwhelming even if you look past the over 4-1 debt/cash ratio. If you want in on this one I would wait it out a while and get in closer to $4.50 or so, it should be that low in the coming months if something drastic does not happen.

Figman
03-27-2004, 12:52 PM
This company's historical chart is one ugly looking graph! You might be better off betting $100 at three minutes to post on every 75-1 longshot at all tracks available that you can find during the remainder of 2004.

http://tinyurl.com/3dfdz

Jrdhorse
03-28-2004, 10:45 AM
You are probably right Fig. Stronach seems to be quite the greedy stupid Ahole. Not allowing anyone to carry his signal on his tracks he owns via the internet or cable unless you pay the fees to recieve it. I dont think he knows that most people like to watch the races they wager on!!!!! It has to effect his track handles somewhat as there are plenty of other tracks that put out there signal for nothing!!!!!!
But all I am banking on is the slots in Maryland as anyone knows slot machines are the biggest money makers in Vegas and if magna was ever to get them they would surely be catapulted from their current debts for sure. Hell playing stocks is just like gambling and I am surely willing to gamble on this as ingnorant as Magna Management seems to be slots will be the answer to all their problems!!!!!!!

superfecta
03-28-2004, 03:49 PM
Remington Park will have slots by the end of the year,so the stock may get a bump in the last quarter or the first of next year.And maybe by that time Maryland may get approval as well.But it may take longer to grow,since the ledger won't show much till the slot money comes in.

IRISHLADSTABLE
03-29-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Jrdhorse
All that magna stock I have been accumulating I guess I will have to sit on now!!!!!!!!:mad: Lord knows when they will ever legalize slots!!!! I guess I will keep buying it and hold it for the long term. Cant beat it at 5 dollars a share. If they were to get slots surely it would jump up to at least 20. The same thing happened with penn National gaming when CharlesTown got slots went from 4 dollars to 20 dollars!!!!!!!! I am still in!!!!!

Clients , Friends and Co Worker laughed when I Put the BUY Ticket in at $4.00 a share in 1996. Who's laughing now.

After the killing I made on Turf Paradise , I would have thought
they would have more faith in buying Penn National.

Jimmy