PDA

View Full Version : Slew's Fast Horses for Sunday, 12/08

MeSlew
12-07-2013, 08:56 PM
Hello All! For Sunday, 12/8 we have the following lineup for Slew's Fast Horses:

Aqueduct - 1,3,5,6,7
Hollywood - 4,5,6,8,9
Gulfstream - 4,5,7,8,9,10
Woodbine - 5
Calder - 4,7
Fairgrounds - 6
Parx - 7,8

We have a tried and true Key Horse running on Sunday at Hollywood Park:

No Silent - HOL ( 4) DMR 07/25/13 # 7

This was the first Key Horse I talked about (along with late Night Sky) back in March of last year. Since then, No Silent has proven himself a very tough competitor, especially on the turf at Hollywood.
Coming off a non-performance on the All Weather Pat O'Brien at 7F at Del mar in August, he is back to what he loves. Gary Stevens, bound for the Orient, is replaced by Martin Garcia for this contest,
the Hollywood Turf Express at 6F.

We expect speed from this guy but also expect him to be hounded by the accomplished Chips All In for Jeff Mullins and Aaron T. Gryder who is the horse to beat and the 9-5 ML 2nd choice.
It is unfortunate that we have a field of only 5 here, so the race may not be betable all by itself. But I expect a good run after multiple 6F works, including a 6F move on the Hollywood Turf.
None have emphasized speed, which comes naturally to this guy, and I'd rather have it in the afternoons anyway.

Slew has four of the five horses listed for the race, but our Key Horse is the only one missing! I guess it is man against machine!

I say he'll be there at the end, but creative handicapping will be required to make the most of it.

But then, what do I know? So I guess it is me against the silicon brain I built so many years ago. It could be a Marvel comic cover! I'll be the one with the bulging muscles and the super heroin on my flank.
Hair and other loose stuff blowing in the direction of an endless universe, obviously under my command. And Slew?

He's the one with the black electrical tape holding the bridge of his horn rim glasses together. Now, who would you trust?

Don't answer that!

Enjoy the Sunday racing...good luck and good 'capping!