PDA

View Full Version : Does Mack keep his job if.......?

Dahoss2002
12-07-2013, 03:43 PM
He beats Baylor and wins the Big12?

PhantomOnTour
12-07-2013, 03:46 PM
I was just thinking about this - how funny it would be that they wanted his head and he may win the Big12 title :D

I admit - I am rooting for him

Dahoss2002
12-07-2013, 03:51 PM
Yes and another example too of how tough conference games can be. Okie St manhandled both of these teams but ended up with 2 conference losses.

RXB
12-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Mack would at least get a stay of execution and given that the Fiesta opposition will be UCF he'd probably win the bowl game, too. So yes, he probably would keep his job if they pull off the upset today.

RXB
12-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Mack's chances might've just disappeared as his players botch an easy, uncontested muffed punt recovery around Baylor's 5-yard line.

Stillriledup
12-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Mack's done. Bet your life on it.

wiffleball whizz
12-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Nick saban will be at Texas........very soon

PhantomOnTour
12-11-2013, 11:40 PM
I just don't see why Saban would leave for the Texas job....folks on "the network" are calling UT the ultimate job, top of the heap, etc etc yadda yadda...really?

Why is UT a better gig than Bama?
IMO Bama is the ultimate college coaching gig (okay, maybe Notre dame because of it's history, but even that job has lost some luster)...but Texas?
Not anymore it ain't...kind of like Oklahoma, Michigan and Notre Dame.

Dahoss2002
12-12-2013, 01:50 AM
I don't think Saban is going anywhere but stranger things have happened. In the not too distant past, Dennis Franchione, left Alabama to go to Texas A&M. He was under no pressure to leave and I think he was offered more money to stay but thats what he wanted.

Robert Goren
12-12-2013, 09:34 AM
I just don't see why Saban would leave for the Texas job....folks on "the network" are calling UT the ultimate job, top of the heap, etc etc yadda yadda...really?

Why is UT a better gig than Bama?
IMO Bama is the ultimate college coaching gig (okay, maybe Notre dame because of it's history, but even that job has lost some luster)...but Texas?
Not anymore it ain't...kind of like Oklahoma, Michigan and Notre Dame.Texas has more money not only for salaries, but for facilities etc. as well. Texas, for instance, has, reportedly, the best weight room in the country.