PDA

View Full Version : bush league operations in Florida?

Al Gobbi
12-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Both Gulfstream and Tampa not running at the schedule post times today, in fact Gulfstream just ran a race twenty minutes after it was originally scheduled to be run.

A few of the Gulfstream races were also run right on top of the races from Aqueduct, which is just plain stupid.

Stillriledup
12-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Tracks in America are famous for not looking at what's running and just running on top of races they shouldnt be running on top of. When there are almost no signals left and CT and MTN are 2 of the 'last men standing' they consistently run on top of each other, normally to the exact second.

Major So Cal track and Golden Gate do very well to avoid each other, Golden Gate gets it, you won't ever see them run on top of the So Cal track, even if the so cal track has a long delay, GG will delay the race so they don't run on top of them.

startngate
12-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Tampa always tries to set their actual post times to stay off of other tracks, so it should be expected that they are not going at the 'scheduled' post time.

NoCal and SoCal intentionally go opposite each other. A bit like the Ohio 7/7 program without the combined card. They aren't 'trying' to avoid each other, they actually schedule it.

Dave Schwartz
12-07-2013, 05:04 PM
IMHO, there are very few excuses for the first race being late, but there are delays throughout the day caused by problems at the gate, inquiries, injuries to horses or jockeys, weather, etc. I think the list of potential problems could go on and on.

Perhaps this is a more difficult task than people might think.

Much like the airline industry, I would guess. A plane is leaving New York heading for Chicago. Then when the plane arrives in Chicago, there is no gate space, so they have to wait, pushing back lots of connection schedules.

Imagine if your flight from Dallas to Los Angeles was delayed for 2 hours on the tarmac because a flight in New York was late taking off.

I think that if Tam announced they were holding the 5th race by 20 minutes because the 5th at GP had an inquiry, horsemen and fans alike would be screaming.

On the other hand, holding a race for (say) 4 minutes while another race in a competing arena completed would be good business for all. I know it would change my money management opportunities.

FrankieFigs
12-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Both Gulfstream and Tampa not running at the schedule post times today, in fact Gulfstream just ran a race twenty minutes after it was originally scheduled to be run.

A few of the Gulfstream races were also run right on top of the races from Aqueduct, which is just plain stupid.

I think before the Claiming Crown Iron Horse Stakes there was a long delay in the paddock. 1 horse had to have a shoe repaired. They tried to gain time the remainder of the day but still stayed behind.

I played Tampa all day but didn't pay attention to scheduled post times. Was multi-tasking throughout the day (high school football state finals on the computer, horse racing on the computer and on TV, and some college football updates...)

the little guy
12-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Gulfstream's 1st race went off 5:30 minutes after post time and the second 6 minutes after scheduled post. There were no incidents prior to post for either of these races.

SandyW
12-08-2013, 12:27 AM
The truth of the matter is that this happens every day at almost every track no matter how much we complain it falls on deaf ears. So get use to it.

Tom
12-08-2013, 10:51 AM
Perhaps this is a more difficult task than people might think.

Tough nuggies.
A lot of crap I do at work is difficult, but I am paid to get it done.
We are customers, not "people."
Fix the damn problem of hire people who can do the job.

Stop coddling this lazy-ass industry! :D

Longshot6977
12-08-2013, 11:21 AM

You have to wonder if the racetrack execs actually believe bettors are betting just their individual racetracks. As if you sit in front of the simo screen and bet just that one track all day. What other reason can they have to just not care about the bettor's experience and overlap post times? They act like only their track is running. I'm sure sometimes it just can't be avoided, but they should make some effort to reduce it.

TravisVOX
12-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Published post time is nothing more than a placeholder.