PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct: 12/07/2013

Teach
12-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Race One:

:8: Flores Island should make it two-straight. Will benefit from outside post and wet surface (Storm Cat). Has graced the tote in seven of eight tries.
:6: Dulcedumbre closed well in at last at distance; Has hit board in four out of five recent starts. :1a: Rain Forest showed little in her only main-track start. Can make amends. The two Davids, Cohen and Jacobson, have been hot, lately. :7: Holiday's Jewel won her last. Has wet-track breeding. Trainer Mitchell Friedman is good with return winners.

Race Two:

:3: Uncle Sigh had a recent morning work that catches my attention: four panels in :47.4 handily from the gate. That speaks volumes. Does it translate to a pari-mutuel main-track win? I'm willing to pay my nickel and take my chance. :9: Horse With No Name (does that equate with "Street With No Name"?) is my long-shot stab here. More a hunch than can be quantified. Will watch in the post parade. Storm Cat breeding. :7: Group Think is the logical and, I might add, the likely "People's Choice". Yet, has been also-ran in last three. Does add blinkers. That may limit the distractions. :8: Oh, another off-the-wall, gambler's throw, :8: Space Hero. I like, make that love, Lemon Drop Kid progeny on wet surfaces. Does that equate with a board-hitting trip? Time will tell.

Race Three

:8: Zuma Moon had a recent sharp work in preparation for her pari-mutuel debut. The "Coming-Out-Party" may be interesting, and she may turn out to be the "Bell of the Ball" if she lives up to her Malibu Moon (A.P. Indy) wet-track lineage. :7: WundahowIgothere failed on "the weeds" in her last, but, prior, finished second at seven panels on "the main". Trainer John Terranova II very good with turf to dirt. Big Brown (Boundary) says this filly should handle any wetness. :6: Hope Rules tried the turf in Stanton, DE but came up empty. Chance to make amends on main track. :4: Sylvia T has finished no worse than fourth in eight lifetime tries. Would appear to be "a must" in your gimmicks.

Race Four:

:7: Alcomatch looks like a genuine factor here now that the race has been taken off the turf. He's been either first or second in his last four. Yet, he's more a sprinter than a router. Can he get the two additional panels. It'll take all of Cornelio Velasquez's skills to get the job done. :13: Mr. Style draws in as an MTO. Two-for-two on wet surfaces. Storm Cat, Tiznow. As George Gershwin might have said: "Who Can Ask For Anything More?" At least when it comes to the wet track. Hey, the horse may even have "rhythm". :14: Hoppy Do is another MTO that might surprise. Had a recent sharp work. :1: Assured Victory has Victory Gallop and Cryptoclearance breeding that serve him well if the moisture remains on the track. Can be a factor here.

Race Five:

:11: Rosie My Way (either Pablo Morales is going to have an excellent, or I'm Tu Sei Pazzo). Won her last; a factor here. :10: Jewel In The Sky
was second in her last. As Marlon Brando said in "On The Waterfront," "I coulda been a contendah." This distaffer can be a contender. No "palooka". :8: Rice To Riches is dropping down into a spot where she must be considered. Adds blinkers. Has won half her starts. :9: First Penny is my longshot try. If she pops, she can add value to your exotics.

Race Six:

:5: Bluegrass Flash has disappointed in his last three, twice the beaten fave and once, the second choice. Can make amends here. :11: Hampden Fiveone weakend on the turf in his last. Now, back on the main. Can surprise. :8: Sideways Vision has had his troubles in last two starts. A cleaner trip may76 well find this colt in contention. :6: Deceived has hit the board in all three of his tries. Figures to be in the mix.

Race Seven:

:5: Daisysgonnamakeit is my tepid pick here. I like the third start off a layoff angle. :3: White Sangria has been second or third in her last three on the turf. Now tries the main track. May well respond, especially on a wet surface. :8: Dee Dee's Comet fits well in this company. Second in her last; cuts back a furlong. :11: Tina's Note is an off-the-wall longshot try. I keep thinking of that race last summer at "The Spa" where Phil Teator booted this horse home at nearly 40-1 in the slop. Can history repeat itself?

Race Eight:

:2: My Wanda's Girl is my pick in today's stakes event. Has won two-thirds of her twenty-one lifetime starts. Other to consider underneath are: :1: Delightful Quality should relish the off going if the track hasn't dried out. :5: Miss Mischief won the Pearl City in her last. Solid win percentage. :7: Baby J won the Catinca at Belmont a couple months ago.

Race Nine:

:11: Missile Nick drops into the selling ranks. This may be the spot he's been looking for. The most capable Cornelio Velasquez in the irons. Underneath: :8: Perfect Disco's a first-time starter with decent morning works. Should handle wet track (Jules). :6: Private Irving is making third start off a layoff. Dropping down. Finally, :12: Go Liberty Go is an Unbridled's Song that's by Bruce Levine; he's good with maiden claimersw.

frankcolt
12-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Possible chance at a mini bridge Jumper race 1 @ Aqueduct - Flores Island has 54,380 to show with 6 min to go - not hammering your pick but I do love betting against it - pick 4 horses to show and if Flores Island doesn't make it in the $ - big bucks in the show pool- or semi-big bucks in this case

cappoblanca
12-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Race 4 with $56 for the win and a $383 exacta on :14: with :7: with Hoppy Do make me wanna hoppy do da bank. U izza a bomb!
:cool: