PDA

View Full Version : Slew's Fast Horses for Saturday, 12/07

MeSlew
12-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Hello All! Saturday 12/7 is another busy day for Slew with races all around the country:

Aqueduct - 2,3,4,7,8
Hollywood - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Gulfstream - 1,2,5,6,7,8,9,10
Tampa - 8,9
Woodbine - 1,8
Calder - 1,2,6,7,8
Parx - 6,7

A few quick notes are in order. I noted in my last post on Slew's FB page the nature of Tampa Bay Downs and the place it holds in the grand scheme of Slew.
I noted that there are only a few horses that come up each season at the track. It is really there to keep track of fast runners if they should ship north over the spring and summer at a big price.

Of course, make me a liar.

A Slew single in the 6th today paid $41.00. This brings me to an interesting point about Slew and long shot horses. One of the angles I have found over the years is a Slew single...at an overlay price.
This horse was 6-1 on the ML but went off at odds of 19-1, 3 times overlaid from the ML. For whatever reason, and maybe this is just my imagination, but for whatever reason, Slew singles that show
that kind of pattern appear to do very well.

Or maybe the payoffs are enough to make it an overall good gamble. Either way, it is something to pay attention to.

Saturday is the Claiming Crown series of races at Gulfstream Park. I've not seen the PP's and will not be able to play the track as my schedule will not allow. Never-the-less, a few names stand out.

Edie won as a top Slew runner at Belmont on 10-17 and once again sits at the top of the Tiara Stakes list. At 20-1. Deanaallen'skitten is not listed as a fast horse but will be the one to reckon with.

In Race 9, the Claiming Crown Emerald Stakes, Major Marvel is having a major amazing year with 7 wins in 8 starts, and is a Slew double entry with a 3-1 ML tag. Leparoux rides.

And in all the excitement of the day, take just a moment to remember what happened on this day in 1941.

Enjoy the Saturday racing...good luck and good 'capping!