PDA

View Full Version : Cano to Seattle..lol

TheEdge07
12-06-2013, 11:20 AM
10 years $240..Richard Sexson all over again Seattle is a hitters death trap..

FantasticDan
12-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Truly amazing, I never would have guessed. I realize the monster contract is better than anything the Yankees were offering, and the taxes are much better in WA, but still. How many times have you seen a home-grown Yankee star leave the team for better money?? :eek:

To me, my legacy as a lifetime Yankee would have been worth far more down the road, and I'm sure Cano could make up the difference between the Yankee and Mariner offers in endorsements, and then some...

RaceBookJoe
12-06-2013, 12:58 PM
10 years $240..Richard Sexson all over again Seattle is a hitters death trap..

Should be a great doubles hitter there.

Valuist
12-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Cano will be just fine. He's not just a pure HR hitter anyways. He'll still produce a lot of runs.

reckless
12-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Cano doesn't hustle to first or on the base paths. He's turned a lot doubles into singles these past few years.

Also, generally speaking mind you, he isn't too bright as a ballplayer, period.

But, most importantly, gaudy stats notwithstanding, he isn't and will not be a game changer for Seattle.

The Mariners can have him; the Yankees and Yankee fans won't miss him at all, trust me.

ldiatone
12-06-2013, 05:27 PM
"robbie cano don't ya know"!

Robert Goren
12-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Goes from being a small fish in a big pond to being a small fish in a small pond.

TheEdge07
12-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Cano doesn't hustle to first or on the base paths. He's turned a lot doubles into singles these past few years.

Also, generally speaking mind you, he isn't too bright as a ballplayer, period.

But, most importantly, gaudy stats notwithstanding, he isn't and will not be a game changer for Seattle.

The Mariners can have him; the Yankees and Yankee fans won't miss him at all, trust me.

Yankees wont miss a top 5 player n baseball ?

reckless
12-06-2013, 09:45 PM
Yankees wont miss a top 5 player n baseball ?

hi Edge: my short answer is no.

He didn't carry the Yankees on his back last year when they had all their injury woes. Bad pitching didn't help, either, of course.

But, they were still in the race until about two weeks before the season ended. If Cano was a 'winner' he'd have done a lot more in my opinion.