PDA

View Full Version : Aqu Pick 6 Payout Probables

sq764
03-26-2004, 04:49 PM
Has Aqu always shown pick 6 probably payouts before the last race? I just noticed that for the first time.

But since I watch them about twice a month, for all I know, they could have been doing this for months.

I have never seen any other track show these probables.

rrbauer
03-27-2004, 03:51 PM
But since I watch them about twice a month, for all I know, they could have been doing this for months.

Years! NYRA has (IMO) always done a better job with the "pick" payoffs than other circuits.

Zman179
03-27-2004, 07:40 PM
NYRA just recently started with showing Pick 6 probables after the first 5 legs. However, they're not the first to do so.
Hawthorne has been showing Pick 6 probables now for quite a while now, but it hasn't really been noticed due to the small Pick 6 pools at HAW, thus the lack of publicity (IMO).

First place I ever saw Pick 6 tracking was at the British greyhound tracks with their Jackpot wager. After every leg (including the first), they would show the amount of live tickets going into the next leg on each greyhound and would keep on going up until the 6th and final leg. Their conso is different though in which the consolation payout (paid only if nobody gets all six) goes to the ticket holders who last the longest before being eliminated. Kind of like a last man standing contest, which is a bit of a unique way to pay out a consolation.