PDA

View Full Version : TWIN SPIRES PROFIT LINE ODDS

hopbet
12-05-2013, 06:38 AM
General question , On the Twin Spires TV (WEB SITE) each race they have THREE columns next to each horse (ML, ODDS, and the last Profit Line Odds (red arrow). What is the general opinion of Profit Line Odds column ?

precocity
12-05-2013, 08:08 AM
what the horse odds before post time, If they go up it turns red if they go down it stays the same green. so its mostly a warning I guess. never really relied on it. except one time at louisiana downs 10 going at it mc so i boxed 5 horses for the exta that the profit line went way into the red and hit paid about 380. It was a drunk gut feeling. ;)

FocusWiz
12-05-2013, 09:17 AM
As far as I know, this column is intended to represent their computed odds based on their determination of the chance of the horse winning. The RED ones are intended to be those plays where the parimutuel wagering odds would pay better than the horses actual chances of winning would suggest; hence these are worth wagering on.

I do not use these at all. Perhaps others have seen a different pattern, but I have seen no evidence that these predictions are any better than any other "free" predictions of which horse to wager on.

If you are looking for overlays or a reason not to play a favorite (i.e. because it has been bet down too far), these may be useful.

wisconsin
12-05-2013, 10:00 AM
They might be worth looking at when you can't separate contenders. Once in awhile, in a race, the top profit line horse is a 2 for 55 sort, so be careful.