PDA

View Full Version : The Gulfstream meet

lamboguy
12-03-2013, 08:11 AM
the track has been resurfaced, so it should not play as fast as it did in years past. it used to be that every horse worked fast over the track and when it came to race day the horses from Palm Meadows would eat them up for breakfast. this year should be a little different story.

FrankieFigs
12-03-2013, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the info. Something I will keep an eye on the first portion of the meet.

PaceAdvantage
12-03-2013, 09:22 AM
When did they resurface? They've been running all summer and fall on the weekends.

the little guy
12-03-2013, 09:23 AM
When did they resurface? They've been running all summer and fall on the weekends.

You don't read his posts looking for truth....do you?

cj
12-03-2013, 09:47 AM

I was wondering the same thing. Track hasn't seemed any slower when I make figures.

lamboguy
12-03-2013, 09:56 AM
i was told they added plenty of new dirt to the track before they re opened

the little guy
12-03-2013, 10:02 AM
i was told they added plenty of new dirt to the track before they re opened

Which translated into you telling thousands of people, many of them bettors, that the track had been resurfaced?

I think this qualifies as yelling "FIRE" in a crowded theater.

egreen
12-03-2013, 10:26 AM
They had to resurface to run during the rainy summer season. The previous surface did not have adequate drainage for a summer meet.

Robert Goren
12-03-2013, 10:41 AM
I don't bet the place, but I remember so posts about "bad" times. Did they fix the timer? Just wondering.

Tom
12-03-2013, 10:57 AM
They added Trakus.:ThmbUp:

Am I imaging it, or was there a link to the track maintenance web page poster somewhere here yesterday?

Clocker
12-03-2013, 11:08 AM
They added Trakus.:ThmbUp:

Am I imaging it, or was there a link to the track maintenance web page poster somewhere here yesterday?

Link (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108836)

Tom
12-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Thanks!

BlueShoe
12-03-2013, 01:03 PM
Getting away from the track surface discussion, during the current meeting do not recall ever seeing so many inquiries and disqualifications. Unsound ouchy horses, uneven racing surface, or bad officials, but the inquiry sign has gone up often in the last few months. Have been set down three times since summer, never moved up, two of them quite costly, and have to sweat out a couple more until no change is posted. When my selection crosses the wire first at Gulfstream, now cross my fingers, hold my breath, watch the rerun very closely, and hope that I do not get DQ'ed. :rolleyes:

Ernie Dahlman
12-03-2013, 01:55 PM
Which translated into you telling thousands of people, many of them bettors, that the track had been resurfaced?

I think this qualifies as yelling "FIRE" in a crowded theater.

Not quite.

the little guy
12-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Not quite.

Really? I exaggerated? I'm shocked.

bbopjz
12-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Any news on whether TBD will be on TVG or HRTV this season?

PaceAdvantage
12-04-2013, 01:32 AM
i was told they added plenty of new dirt to the track before they re openedWell then that means there shouldn't be any change this coming week from the last 4-5 months as far as any affect a resurfacing would have...

You made it seem like something new had occurred, when in fact, this "resurfacing" happened months ago, and the effects are solidly baked into the results by now...

ronsmac
12-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Any news on whether TBD will be on TVG or HRTV this season?Tvg has Tampa and according to hrtv website, it appears they will show the full card on Wednesdays.

greengorilla
12-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Well been here agenting for the last month, haven't heard of any track resurfacing. As a hole the track has never been really great to train over or race at. Alot of horses come back bad day after day. Think the meet will be stronger then ever before based on the payout structure. Dead last gets you $500. The most important thing to watch is the track bias, and there is always one here. As far as horses to look out for, my favorite is "Caspian Sea" this horse ran so green and finished up so well, I really do look for great things by late febuary out of this horse if he stays sound. To all the bettors I wish you the best of luck. And look for Wesley Ward to have a strong early meet he has been here since early november while most outfits are just arriving. His horses all have been going well and will be tough the next 30 days.