PDA

View Full Version : 12/3 Pick of the Day - PARX Race 8 using TimeformUS

letswastemoney
12-03-2013, 03:27 AM
Yes, I thought I'd try something different by using the TimeformUS Race of the Day. So since it's free to everyone, I figure no one will mind is I show a screen capture of the pace projector.

https://timeformus.com/RaceTabs_V2/Preview.aspx?TrackId=PRX&RaceNumber=8&RaceDate=12/3/2013&Country=USA

Well, the pace projector shows :9: Gritty Gal (8/1) getting a fairly comfortable lead in a race that favors horses on or near the lead. The horse that should be tracking her in second early on is the :10: Gnarley Girl (5/2) . The problem is, the level of competition in her past few starts is fairly questionable, with class ratings of 70, 76, and 80. TimeformUS says this is an 80 race ... so what's the problem? She lost those races that were 70 and 76.

The last three class ratings for Gnarley Girl's races are 91, 88, and 76. Toss the 88 because it was a turf race. The 76 was here at PARX in a straight maiden race, and Gnarley Girl won by 5 lengths.

Gritty Gal broke her maiden in a claimer in 2012, which was a while ago.

When comparing horses and class, I always take it as a good sign that a horse broke their maiden in a straight maiden race rather than a claimer. So this is a tough decision, but I get the feeling Gnarley Girl has much more upside. She changed after the blinkers were put on for that straight maiden win.

The trainer and jockey TimeformUS ratings for Gnarley Girl are super high, all above 90.

:10: Gnarley Girl is the choice then. If I make a win bet, I want 2/1 or higher.

*Depending on what the tote board looks like, I could change back to Gritty Gal.

lamboguy
12-03-2013, 08:56 AM
if the track does not have an inside bias, that horse is a cinch. Dutrow was going to send the horse to New York to run, but there is still a quarantine in Parx, so he can't leave and he has to run the horse.

cutchemist42
12-03-2013, 10:51 AM
Looked at this race earlier, without any regards to the toteboard, I like 3 YO like the :10: in these races.

I'm a Brisnet user, but I always like trying out the two free races for the day too.

jerry-g
12-03-2013, 11:29 AM
I like the Bris prime power horse the :2: Andean Moon. The horse shows
good early speed in most of its previous route races and is usually 1st
the six furlong mark. So I think it can handle the short distance quiet well.
IMO, the likely favorite is a tad bit flawed.

Robert Fischer
12-03-2013, 04:01 PM
race 9 :2::3::7::9: ex

Villanueva is back and on the 2 here , he's had a rough winter. GO 2.

Robert Fischer
12-03-2013, 04:05 PM
race 9 :2::3::7::9: ex

Villanueva is back and on the 2 here , he's had a rough winter. GO 2.

:2: was 4th @ 90-1 with absolutely no horse under him, and had opened a lead at the top of the stretch.
Watch the replay if you want to see why I like that jock.