PDA

View Full Version : Kirk Johnson A Real WARRIOR!

greengorilla
12-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Tonight when I saw Kirk Johnson go down in the 6th race. I immediately called his agent to see if he was ok. He confirmed he was fine, and Kirk gave the thumbs up and responded to his agent, "got to get ready for the next race were going to win one tonite". What a warrior Kirk is, unlike Parker, Pilares, and Speith who were crying about the track conditions the last few nites causing them to cancel the races nite after nite after nite. Anyhow riders like Kirk joihnson deserve a pat on the back and a thank you for honoring the sport by always having a winning attitude and a smile on there face even after a nasty spill like that one. What do you guys think?

Stillriledup
12-02-2013, 10:04 PM
I like guys like that, Thank You Kirk for being a real man.

Beast Mode.

BombsAway Bob
12-02-2013, 11:58 PM
Tonight when I saw Kirk Johnson go down in the 6th race. I immediately called his agent to see if he was ok. He confirmed he was fine, and Kirk gave the thumbs up and responded to his agent, "got to get ready for the next race were going to win one tonite". What a warrior Kirk is, unlike Parker, Pilares, and Speith who were crying about the track conditions the last few nites causing them to cancel the races nite after nite after nite. Anyhow riders like Kirk joihnson deserve a pat on the back and a thank you for honoring the sport by always having a winning attitude and a smile on there face even after a nasty spill like that one. What do you guys think?
i'm very happy to hear he was OK.
Watching spill,i couldn't tell if he was hit by horse after falling.
Loveberry also called it a night early.
(Of course,fact a horse went down does bolster non-riders argument)

tzipi
12-03-2013, 12:23 AM

I think all jockeys are warriors for getting on the back on speedy animals with no safety net at all. Look what happened to Dominquez and many others. I still think Parker, Pilares and Speith are still "warriors" even though they were concerned about track conditions and made them cancel.

Stillriledup
12-03-2013, 12:29 AM
I think all jockeys are warriors for getting on the back on speedy animals with no safety net at all. Look what happened to Dominquez and many others. I still think Parker, Pilares and Speith are still "warriors" even though they were concerned about track conditions and made them cancel.

The difference between Johnson and the Parkers, Pilares and Speiths is that Johnson probably needs the money. If you're a jock who's really not sure how he's going to be able to pay his bills, those guys don't want to go home early, they'll ride any horse under any conditions.

You're right though, most jocks are warriors, its a rough way to make a living for sure, they earn every dollar they get.

Stillriledup
12-16-2013, 09:36 PM
Eek, Kirk might get days for wrapping up D Wildbill on the line in the 7th (Dec 16)

:(

lamboguy
12-16-2013, 09:39 PM
i thought it was Christian Pilares that went down right after the break in the 6th race. but at the time i thought the same thing, as cold as it is, the ground gets harder.

nijinski
12-17-2013, 12:41 AM
He didn't get up and ride another horse that night . That's just too bad . I don't get the warrior point . happy he is ok though . If he wants the extra risk that's sad . The point about needing the money , you have to look at both sides . At least he walked away ok and can work again , it's not always the case .

We have no idea about the horse?? .

The track was muddy , sealed .His horse slipped and fell . Good thing
they did cancel . Looks like they did what they had to for the safety of all .

AlbertButtry
12-18-2013, 01:01 PM
The horse came back and won last night. Moneyinthecuvee. Paid good too