PDA

View Full Version : Bluffs...WSOP final...awesome poker...you ever made THAT good?

sammy the sage
12-02-2013, 08:28 AM
in a tourney I got somebody off a 'boat' aces full of 9's...he thought I had the other 2 nines..

ps...I miss read the hand...thought he had nothing...still can't believe he laid that down...

Robert Goren
12-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Don't forget how you did it.

thaskalos
12-02-2013, 02:53 PM
in a tourney I got somebody off a 'boat' aces full of 9's...he thought I had the other 2 nines..

ps...I miss read the hand...thought he had nothing...still can't believe he laid that down...

Wait...you mean to tell me that there were two nines and an ace on the board...and the guy who folded had pocket aces?

There can't be a player like that in the entire universe.

thaskalos
12-02-2013, 03:04 PM
The greatest read I've ever seen in a major poker tournament was by Carlos Mortensen.

He folded an ace-high flush when the board paired on the river...to a bettor who only bet half the pot.

sammy the sage
12-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Moneymaker's bluff back in the day was awesome/lucky...haven't those two since...

sammy the sage
12-02-2013, 08:27 PM
Wait...you mean to tell me that there were two nines and an ace on the board...and the guy who folded had pocket aces?

There can't be a player like that in the entire universe.

Well there's one...bet he's still kicking himself...

wiffleball whizz
12-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Moneymaker's bluff back in the day was awesome/lucky...haven't those two since...

Yes it was........jump started the poker craze

If Farha makes that call I may still be a electrician.....true story

proximity
12-03-2013, 05:19 PM

was it teddy kgb? :D

PhantomOnTour
12-03-2013, 06:22 PM
Yes it was........jump started the poker craze

If Farha makes that call I may still be a electrician.....true story
Yep - and to many pros out there, he ruined their game as they knew it.

Moneymaker sucked out time and time again during that WSOP.
I don't play poker much, but watch the WSOP every year, and there's a "little Moneymaker" in a lot of guys out there.