PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin - no class

cj's dad
12-01-2013, 12:04 AM
His actions dyring the runback by Jacoby Jones are inexcusable. The NFL is reviewing same. My prediction is that he will be fined 100K and suspended for 1 game. There is no latitude for this type of action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLOCEZNpY6w

Robert Goren
12-01-2013, 09:17 AM
He will get fined, but not suspended. In fairness to him, coaches are on the field all the time. Hopefully the NFL will put a stop to it, but I doubt they will.

tucker6
12-01-2013, 10:03 AM
His actions dyring the runback by Jacoby Jones are inexcusable. The NFL is reviewing same. My prediction is that he will be fined 100K and suspended for 1 game. There is no latitude for this type of action.

still crying three days later about a game you won?? Thank God you didn't lose the game. Of course the NFL is reviewing the play. Even as a Steeler fan I agree that what he did is going to incure a large fine, but no suspension. On the other hand, Joe Flacco is Whacco. The boy needs to speak less so that we don't lose all doubt as to his idiocy.

cj's dad
12-01-2013, 12:58 PM
still crying three days later about a game you won?? Thank God you didn't lose the game. Of course the NFL is reviewing the play. Even as a Steeler fan I agree that what he did is going to incure a large fine, but no suspension. On the other hand, Joe Flacco is Whacco. The boy needs to speak less so that we don't lose all doubt as to his idiocy.

Unlike Stillers fans who actually think that they play for the team as in the constant"we" references, I know tyhat I am only a fan. As for the crying part, just stating my opinion re: a classless act by Tomlin; in particular the fact that he thought it was funny. Go back to eating your bratwurst and don't forget to wash your stillers jersey.

PhantomOnTour
12-01-2013, 01:19 PM
Unlike Stillers fans who actually think that they play for the team as in the constant"we" references, I know tyhat I am only a fan. As for the crying part, just stating my opinion re: a classless act by Tomlin; in particular the fact that he thought it was funny. Go back to eating your bratwurst and don't forget to wash your stillers jersey.
Actually, you are re-stating your opinion, because you already posted this in the "Are The Steelers Done" thread...but I know...it was late at night and i'm sure you forgot about it.

You seem to post a lot around that time of night

wiffleball whizz
12-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Actually, you are re-stating your opinion, because you already posted this in the "Are The Steelers Done" thread...but I know...it was late at night and i'm sure you forgot about it.

You seem to post a lot around that time of night

I know why :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stillriledup
12-01-2013, 02:55 PM

Belichick got ZERO games suspension for Spygate. Payton got a One year suspension for "Bountygate".

Maybe Tomlin can change his name to OchoBelichick and he won't get suspensded?

cj's dad
12-01-2013, 10:51 PM

Take a deep breath

cj's dad
12-01-2013, 11:08 PM

Maybe it is because I have a life !!

Rise Over Run
12-04-2013, 11:55 AM
$100k fine for Tomlin. Possibility of Stillers losing draft picks; to be determined after the draft order is set.

TJDave
12-04-2013, 03:48 PM
His actions dyring the runback by Jacoby Jones are inexcusable.

I saw this the other night on the news. To me, it looked like he was caught unawares. Is the league contending this was a staged event?

cj
12-04-2013, 04:01 PM
I saw this the other night on the news. To me, it looked like he was caught unawares. Is the league contending this was a staged event?

There is an camera angle circulating that makes it look intentional...almost certainly was.

stormreveler
12-04-2013, 04:07 PM
I wasn't even aware of this until today, but it sure looked like he knew what he was doing. Too bad. He's better than that.

TJDave
12-04-2013, 04:13 PM
There is an camera angle circulating that makes it look intentional...almost certainly was.

OK, I saw the other angle and it most certainly looks intentional. The question I have is, "Why?" Surely he must have known he would be discovered.

Zydeco
12-04-2013, 06:06 PM

Back in 1997 I bought a share in the Green Bay Packers. One of the reasons I bought it was now I can say "we" payed bad.....or "we" played good...since I am now part owner of the team!

cj
12-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Back in 1997 I bought a share in the Green Bay Packers. One of the reasons I bought it was now I can say "we" payed bad.....or "we" played good...since I am now part owner of the team!

Cool...can you get the Rogers guy moving along for my fantasy team?

Zydeco
12-04-2013, 08:07 PM
Cool...can you get the Rogers guy moving along for my fantasy team?

I have Rodgers on my fantasy also...have lost 3 of the last 4......"we" need a win in reality! :lol:

cj
12-04-2013, 09:02 PM
I have Rodgers on my fantasy also...have lost 3 of the last 4......"we" need a win in reality! :lol:

My team has done well, I got lucky and Foles was still available when A-Rod went down. But I'd still rather have Rogers. If I were the pack, I think I'd pack it in for the season and bring him back next year.

PhantomOnTour
12-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Punishment for Tomlin seems about right, although I think a one game suspension should be added.
Taking a draft pick away is too much imo.

He tried to be sneaky and got busted.
With the way Sheriff Goodell normally doles out justice I say he got off pretty easy.

cj's dad
12-07-2013, 10:32 AM
Tomlin.jpg (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1)

Robert Fischer
12-07-2013, 10:38 AM
:D good one

headhawg
12-08-2013, 10:47 AM
http://nfl.si.com/2013/12/08/steelers-lose-draft-pick-mike-tomlin/?eref=sihp