4 Groupie Doll R. Maragh W. Bradley 3/1
5 Laugh Track M. Smith M. Casse 12/1
6 Capo Bastone I. Ortiz, Jr. T. Pletcher 20/1
7 Saratoga Snacks J. Ortiz G. Sciacca 12/1
8 Goldencents R. Bejarano D. O'Neill 7/2
9 Flat Out J. Alvarado W. Mott 6/1
10 Verrazano J. Castellano T. Pletcher 8/1
11 Private Zone M. Pedroza D. O'Neill 15/1

now this is a race! who you got? buying or selling on godencents?

Stillriledup
11-29-2013, 12:37 PM
Just remember that all the BC efforts were dont under strict supervision, sort of like a 72 hour detention barn.

Now, its back to the wild west, at a track where RRR is winning 50% or something like that.

Take those BC efforts with a grain of salt.

TheEdge07
11-29-2013, 12:39 PM
I could see CLEARLY NOW.....

PhantomOnTour
11-29-2013, 01:25 PM
I've made many dumb selections before, but Praetereo has run some pretty damned fast races.
Steps into the big boy league vs many multiple Gr1 winners - most likely over his head but I say he charges late for a piece at a very nice price.
Pace set up should be to his liking.

precocity
11-30-2013, 08:33 AM
I could see CLEARLY NOW.....
yep IM LOOKING AT HIM TOO. will post bets later and see if whizz is going to bet godie with some food stamps.

Irish Boy
11-30-2013, 10:43 AM
I've made many dumb selections before, but Praetereo has run some pretty damned fast races.
Steps into the big boy league vs many multiple Gr1 winners - most likely over his head but I say he charges late for a piece at a very nice price.
Pace set up should be to his liking.
I was with you on this. Alas, scratched.

raybo
11-30-2013, 12:50 PM
I like Flat Out, and I definitely like the odds so far. I think the pace will advantage him, hopefully a fast early pace.

iceknight
11-30-2013, 01:13 PM
Verrazano is going to win convincingly and throw some confusion into the 3 yo Eclipse voters. haha People always think Eclipse awards are a lock sometimes but horses know better

raybo
11-30-2013, 01:23 PM
Verrazano is going to win convincingly and throw some confusion into the 3 yo Eclipse voters. haha People always think Eclipse awards are a lock sometimes but horses know better

While that of course is possible (anything is possible in racing), I doubt V will win "convincingly". If he is part of a very fast pace, as I think is likely, he will just be another of the "fading early horses" in this race. Of course he might not go forward early, or the pace may not be as fast as I think it will be, anyway we're all just guessing when picking a single horse.

Don't get me wrong, I love V and have all year, but this race just doesn't set up well for him, IMO.

precocity
11-30-2013, 01:30 PM
think Bejarano is going to kep goldancents back some and make a move late? will see. will post picks later.

Robert Fischer
11-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Goldencents is the best horse in the race. Verrazano is a win candidate if he magically runs to his A-game (which seems to be a thing of the past). Private Zone is a win contender.

those are the only 3 I like, but I haven't gone crazy with this race.

precocity
11-30-2013, 01:32 PM
Goldencents is the best horse in the race. Verrazano is a win candidate if he magically runs to his A-game (which seems to be a thing of the past). Private Zone is a win contender.

MR FISCHER IS A GOLDIE FAN!!!! SUCK THAT VERRAZANO! :cool:

nijinski
11-30-2013, 02:40 PM
think Bejarano is going to kep goldancents back some and make a move late? will see. will post picks later.

That could be trouble . It looks like he could be there with Saratoga Snacks and Verrazano early .
It{s matter of who came out of the BC in better shape .

Goldencents does make sense class wise and on paper .
Looking for an upset I might try with Laugh Track and Smith .
I think the BC Sprint was a good indication he could go forward
and move up on real dirt .
Groupie Doll , Goldencents and Verrazano in the mix .

PhantomOnTour
11-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Counting on Private Zone giving Goldencents fits early (maybe Verrazano too) and this thing hopefully setting up for Forty Tales and Flat Out.

FT hasn't beaten older and needs to prove himself at the Gr1 level.
FO is old but still runs very fast sometimes...cannot dismiss with the expected set up today.

Also using Clearly Now, as I think he will get a very nice trip inside and stalking.

ex:
2-9 w 2-3-4-8-9
ex:
3 w 2-9
win:
2-9

Tom
11-30-2013, 03:16 PM
:3: :4: :8:

:2: could surprise here - circling back to a top....he should move ahead a couple of lengths.

Looking at DRF....how can they not have a Beyer par for this race???? :rolleyes:

PhantomOnTour
11-30-2013, 03:16 PM
Forty Tales has front wraps on...not good imo.

Will concentrate more on Clearly Now and Flat Out

FocusWiz
11-30-2013, 03:18 PM
I am going with Clearly Now in a very tough race.

:3: WPS

Exacta Box: :3::10::6::2:

JimG
11-30-2013, 03:19 PM
:9::10::6: for me. Should be a great race.

Jim

iceknight
11-30-2013, 03:19 PM
I don't like the price on Verrazano...so I will just go with a hunch bet on
:7: Saratoga Snacks and box an exacta with 9 flat out.
--- oops.. not a good hunch when your horse stumbles :bang:

Flat Out = Flat out solid! I also think TimeformUs wins this one!

well done Raybo! Did you have the dime super ? juicy!

PhantomOnTour
11-30-2013, 03:23 PM
I like Flat Out, and I definitely like the odds so far. I think the pace will advantage him, hopefully a fast early pace.
Well done Raybo - I liked him as well but missed the ex by tossing Private Zone

Tom
11-30-2013, 03:24 PM
Those who liked FO, congrats - I gave him no shot in here.
Overall, a disappointing race in terms of what ran good and what never did a thing.

antigeekess
11-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Counting on Private Zone giving Goldencents fits early (maybe Verrazano too) and this thing hopefully setting up for Forty Tales and Flat Out.

FT hasn't beaten older and needs to prove himself at the Gr1 level.
FO is old but still runs very fast sometimes...cannot dismiss with the expected set up today.

Also using Clearly Now, as I think he will get a very nice trip inside and stalking.

ex:
2-9 w 2-3-4-8-9
ex:
3 w 2-9
win:
2-9

Pretty close analysis there, Phantom. Private Zone is just gutty as hell. Really happy Pedroza's got himself another good horse after losing Ultimate Eagle earlier this year.

nijinski
11-30-2013, 03:31 PM
If we only knew when Flat Out's feet weren't stinging him , lol .

jk3521
11-30-2013, 03:32 PM
what the heck were the stewards looking for?

nijinski
11-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Those who liked FO, congrats - I gave him no shot in here.
Overall, a disappointing race in terms of what ran good and what never did a thing.

I second that !

nijinski
11-30-2013, 03:35 PM

Maybe an excuse for the BC stars .

Tom
11-30-2013, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by jk3521

A 9/3 exacta ticket? :D

precocity
11-30-2013, 03:39 PM

Private Zone is a win contender :ThmbUp:

precocity
11-30-2013, 03:42 PM
you the man!!!

ehhhhh lost my azz about 450 :cool: had flat out and goldie and other didnt pan out?

cj
11-30-2013, 03:45 PM
Who are the people that keep betting Verrazano? 7-2 and I didn't hear one person that liked him.

TheEdge07
11-30-2013, 03:48 PM
Who are the people that keep betting Verrazano? 7-2 and I didn't hear one person that liked him.

Typical Pletcher overhyped 3 year old..

After his Tampa Bay Derby win a few were quoted as the next SLEW.. :lol: :lol:

iceknight
11-30-2013, 03:55 PM
HONOR CODE !!!! reminded me of Da Hoss in the BCMile!!!!

raybo
11-30-2013, 04:29 PM
I don't like the price on Verrazano...so I will just go with a hunch bet on
:7: Saratoga Snacks and box an exacta with 9 flat out.
--- oops.. not a good hunch when your horse stumbles :bang:

Flat Out = Flat out solid! I also think TimeformUs wins this one!

well done Raybo! Did you have the dime super ? juicy!

I had FO to win by himself, figuring 4/1 or higher was good value on him. I missed the dime super (saver ticket) due to Private Zone getting 2nd, I had him on the 3rd and 4th rows, along with Groupie Doll and others. I did give V a chance to win and put him on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rows along with FO and Goldencents. Private Zone was not rated high enough, in my mind, to get 2nd, and that one cost me a very good dime payout. Not the first time one horse has lost a super for me, and certainly won't be the last.

raybo
11-30-2013, 04:45 PM
HONOR CODE !!!! reminded me of Da Hoss in the BCMile!!!!

I agree, hell of a stretch run. 3 runs in the stretch is unusual, to say the least! Lot of horse there.

raybo
11-30-2013, 04:52 PM

I certainly thought he had a chance to win, but everything had to be just right in this field. The early pace was a bit fast and he, or the jock, recognized it and laid back. I thought his run might have been a bit premature and might have kept him from getting closer to the 1st two finishers. 7/2 was bit low for a win bet from me, I figured more like 9/2 or so. 3/1 - 7/2 was probably about what you might expect from the public on a horse with his overall record and notoriety.

burnsy
11-30-2013, 05:56 PM

Whats even sicker is this horse was lower odds than Flat Out. HOW??? How Flat Out is not clear second choice in that race, made it like stealing. Dropping down, cutting back and returning to NY after clearly having a superior campaign compared to everyone else in there. Couldn't come up with the :11: in the exacta or it would of been a major score. Never expected that horse to pay 15 bucks in a million years. This was the second tier compared to what hes been facing.

raybo
11-30-2013, 06:21 PM
Whats even sicker is this horse was lower odds than Flat Out. HOW??? How Flat Out is not clear second choice in that race, made it like stealing. Dropping down, cutting back and returning to NY after clearly having a superior campaign compared to everyone else in there. Couldn't come up with the :11: in the exacta or it would of been a major score. Never expected that horse to pay 15 bucks in a million years. This was the second tier compared to what hes been facing.

I suppose you posted such in a pre-race post? I don't seem to find it in this thread. There were only a couple of people in this thread who even mentioned Flat Out as a win contender and you don't appear to be one of them. Not "dissing" you but why make such a statement after the fact?

SuitedAces
11-30-2013, 08:40 PM
Flat Out paid $15 to win. Way to go Doug. In Hollywood, Justin called it again with Mary Helen Storm who paid $10 to win.
These guys are real pros... building my bankroll. Think I'll stick around.

David

cj
11-30-2013, 08:43 PM
Flat Out paid $15 to win. Way to go Doug. In Hollywood, Justin called it again with Mary Helen Storm who paid $10 to win.
These guys are real pros... building my bankroll. Think I'll stick around.

David

Thanks. I'll be a shill here, he is talking about the TimeformUS blog.

PhantomOnTour
11-30-2013, 11:02 PM
I respect Doug Salvatore's opinion more than anyone else out there.

Still upset for not reading his Oxbow thread at Derby Trail on the morning of the Preakness...I was wavering on how to bet the race, and if I had read his blog I would have crushed.

iceknight
11-30-2013, 11:08 PM
I had FO to win by himself, figuring 4/1 or higher was good value on him. I missed the dime super (saver ticket) .......Not the first time one horse has lost a super for me, and certainly won't be the last. You mean to say, not the first time one horse butts in and spoils the super.. :lol: happens a lot to me too.. but of course, when you hit them, the supers do pay off well that's why I keep playing small supers regularly (did nt play them at aqu today though, just donated money to CD and GP on supers)

nijinski
12-01-2013, 01:14 AM

It could be his reputation of having chronic foot issues and training with bar
shoes . Which is a good thing for those who wagered on him .

TheEdge07
12-01-2013, 07:20 AM
I respect Doug Salvatore's opinion more than anyone else out there.

Still upset for not reading his Oxbow thread at Derby Trail on the morning of the Preakness...I was wavering on how to bet the race, and if I had read his blog I would have crushed.

Doug also liked Toasting 30/1 just missed beating Wedding Toast..Agree POT Doug imo is the best capper to follow..Never makes excuses..

classhandicapper
12-01-2013, 12:40 PM

That was a deep field with similar speed types that figured to make his life uncomfortable. The price was not attractive. But I think he probably ran as well there has he ever has off less than ideal trips in his 2 previous starts.

Red Board Alert: I thought Flat Out was the most obvious Class overlay that I came up with in 2013. Not only did I think he was a Class standout, the race figured to set up well for him. He should have been the favorite.

raybo
12-01-2013, 12:49 PM
He should have been the favorite.

Let's hope the public never gets that good. :lol:

How could we ever make a profit if they made horses like this the favorite every time?

TheEdge07
12-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Salvatore is heating up timeformusblog play of the day Bake Shop clicked at 9/1..

classhandicapper
12-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Salvatore is heating up timeformusblog play of the day Bake Shop clicked at 9/1..

Doug is VERY good.

That horse was also coming off a wide trip (mentioned) on what I thought was day where the rail was the best part of the track. I personally didn't see him as a standout play. I made him close to the favorite. But IMO he clearly deserved to be shorter than 9-1. He had a couple of recent races that were better than they looked.

thespaah
12-01-2013, 11:29 PM
I'm just glad as hell to see such a solid field contesting this far past the running of the Breeder's Cup.
Quite frankly, I had gotten used to connections sending their best horses "home" for the winter once the BC was run.

Big Sal
12-02-2013, 03:43 AM
Thanks for the compliments in this thread. Appreciate it.

Looking forward to the Inner dirt meet at Aqueduct, as well as the good winter racing in the South.