PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives to Equibase Equigraphix?

Vigorish
11-29-2013, 03:14 AM
Greetings,

I have been tinkering around with various past performances, trying to find one that fits my preferences. About a month ago I tried TimeformUS. I really liked it and consider it one of the most intuitive, easy to use products. Unfortunately, I detected a couple of shortcomings relating to availability of comprehensive, in-depth statistics for breeding, trainer history, post position bias, etc.

One product that I recently found, and fell in love with, was Equibase Equigraphix (although it definitely has a few limitations and annoying quirks). The Equigraphix program makes it easy to conceptualize how the different horse's match up by means of various graphs, charts, and other visual aides. What's really awesome is that you can pry into the data that underlies the visual representations. They offer three different forms of past performances ON TOP of the visual aides.

One major shortcoming is price. I don't think the product is overpriced on a per/card basis given all of the bells and whistles. You pay $3 per card. However, this product lacks discounted package plans or an unlimited daily option. The most irritating shortcoming, in my opinion, is that the past performances black out all of the dates! The only way to get around this (if you want to avoid printing out the past performances) is to make an additional purchase of video replays, which I obtain for free from TwinSpires and my rebate shop.

In conclusion, I am wondering if anybody knows of alternative products with similar features. I looked on Brisnet and couldn't find anything. Somebody mentioned an alternative a few weeks ago, but I forgot the name of the product.

offtrack
11-29-2013, 05:30 AM
TrackJudge provides graphic race reports, with data from HDW.

Vigorish
11-29-2013, 07:44 AM
TrackJudge provides graphic race reports, with data from HDW.

Greetings Off Track,

Thank you for making this recommendation. I visited the site and looked at the sample past performances. My first impression was extremely positive as it appears to be simultaneously nuanced yet intuitive. I signed up for a trial and look forward to getting my feet wet.

Thank you!

David Siegel
12-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Let me respond to the earlier post about EquiGraphix. This is a TrackMaster created product sold on trackmaster.com and equibase.com. Equibase just started to sell the product and has the pay-go pricing only at this time, but may add alternative pricing in the near future. TrackMaster already has 3 pricing options. The $3 per card mentioned - $54.95 per month for up to so cards ($2.50 for each additional) - $119.95 per month for unlimited access.

Also, the mention of the blacked out links. There are certain browsers with particular settings that cause this. This is not a function of the product as most people see all of the links. The problem usually occurs only with Firefox (IE and Chrome generally work) and our service department can assist with this issue (worst case is you use a different browser). There are other PDFs that use the same creation technique we do that have the same issues with links. The replays though come with a charge, but the underlying charts (also linked) are included with EquiGraphix.

Hope that helps.

Vigorish
12-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Let me respond to the earlier post about EquiGraphix. This is a TrackMaster created product sold on trackmaster.com and equibase.com. Equibase just started to sell the product and has the pay-go pricing only at this time, but may add alternative pricing in the near future. TrackMaster already has 3 pricing options. The $3 per card mentioned - $54.95 per month for up to so cards ($2.50 for each additional) - $119.95 per month for unlimited access.

Also, the mention of the blacked out links. There are certain browsers with particular settings that cause this. This is not a function of the product as most people see all of the links. The problem usually occurs only with Firefox (IE and Chrome generally work) and our service department can assist with this issue (worst case is you use a different browser). There are other PDFs that use the same creation technique we do that have the same issues with links. The replays though come with a charge, but the underlying charts (also linked) are included with EquiGraphix.

Hope that helps.

Greetings,

Thanks for the detailed reply regarding this product. One of your customer service agents was extremely responsive in getting back to me this weekend, which I very much appreciated.

I won't address the blacked out lines, since you addressed the Firefox browser as a probable culprit. Thanks for telling me about the Trackmaster website, which has a couple of different pricing plans.

Thank you,

Jeffrey