PDA

View Full Version : Neiman Marcus sale

lamboguy
11-27-2013, 10:19 AM
if you go to do your shopping there on friday, the day after Thanksgiving, you can buy an item that is discounted 50% to start out with, as long as you are in the store before noon, they will give you another 33% off, if you show up after noon you only get 20% off of the item that was already 50% off. now if you spend $100 or more, and its almost impossible to walk in that store and not spend the c-note, they give you a gift card worth another $50. to top that off, if you open up a new charge card they will give you anther 15% off the total.

i haven't figured out all these discount's yet, and neither have i received their Christmas catalog yet, but it sounds like after its all said and done, they are paying you more than you spend to buy something in their stores!

Happy Thanksgiving

tucker6
11-27-2013, 10:55 AM
I'll bet you that the amount of items at 50% off isn't that considerable, and they are likely discontinued items. The loss leader effect if you will. The benefit to NM is that once people are in the store, they'll likely take advantage of the other offers you mentioned and NM will make a profit off that. Net benefit.

horses4courses
11-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Stands to reason, I guess.
My wife's fond nickname for this store chain is "Needless Markups". ;)