PDA

View Full Version : AQU Inner

Robert Goren
11-26-2013, 08:26 AM
I was assuming the inner would open Dec 11, but with the bad weather, is there any chance that it open next week on Dec 4?

jk3521
11-26-2013, 08:38 AM
I don't know, but I think that this storm might help to probably put an end to turf racing

the little guy
11-26-2013, 09:23 AM
I was assuming the inner would open Dec 11, but with the bad weather, is there any chance that it open next week on Dec 4?

Using what logic would bad weather move UP a switch?

FantasticDan
11-26-2013, 10:16 AM
Using what logic would bad weather move UP a switch?The logic that the inner is a winterized track that is easier to maintain in cold, inclement weather? If such prolonged weather is expected, doesn't seem crazy that the inner might open early. Not suggesting it will, just that's it not the nuttiest notion.

PhantomOnTour
11-26-2013, 10:32 AM
Using what logic would bad weather move UP a switch?
I'm sure you know when the inner track opens - why not just answer the guy's question?

the little guy
11-26-2013, 10:32 AM
The logic that the inner is a winterized track that is easier to maintain in cold, inclement weather? If such prolonged weather is expected, doesn't seem crazy that the inner might open early. Not suggesting it will, just that's it not the nuttiest notion.

That makes some sense, but getting another surface ready early during inclement weather does not.

the little guy
11-26-2013, 10:44 AM
I'm sure you know when the inner track opens - why not just answer the guy's question?

Actually, I have no idea when it is scheduled, or if in fact it is even scheduled yet, to open.....so, actually, you were sure...but also wrong.

deathandgravity
11-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Thought I read an article on DRF stating Dec 4th, but it was a few weeks ago. Maybe out of date. :confused: See if I can't find that.

Robert Goren
11-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Using what logic would bad weather move UP a switch?Maybe because somewhere I got the idea that the inner was built for such weather.

the little guy
11-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Thought I read an article on DRF stating Dec 4th, but it was a few weeks ago. Maybe out of date. :confused: See if I can't find that.

If you look at nyra.com, and go to the Condition Book, you will see the current Condition Book runs through December 8th, and we are scheduled to be on the Main through then. Beyond that I have no idea.

Saratoga_Mike
11-26-2013, 11:37 AM
If you look at nyra.com, and go to the Condition Book, you will see the current Condition Book runs through December 8th, and we are scheduled to be on the Main through then. Beyond that I have no idea.

http://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/stakes-race/

According to the stakes schedule, the inner course will be in use no later than 12/14/13.

PhantomOnTour
11-26-2013, 12:04 PM
Actually, I have no idea when it is scheduled, or if in fact it is even scheduled yet, to open.....so, actually, you were sure...but also wrong.
Then that's all you had to say.
Why all this assholeatry, Andy?

the little guy
11-26-2013, 12:09 PM
Then that's all you had to say.
Why all this assholeatry, Andy?

I'm sorry, I asked a guy a question, you said something both accusatory and wrong, and now you call me an asshole.

But I'm a bad guy...right?

PhantomOnTour
11-26-2013, 12:39 PM
I'm sorry, I asked a guy a question, you said something both accusatory and wrong, and now you call me an asshole.

But I'm a bad guy...right?
No - you're not a bad guy.

the little guy
11-26-2013, 01:00 PM

Posts like this have a way of disappearing.

I would have accepted a simple apology.

Saratoga_Mike
11-26-2013, 01:41 PM
Posts like this have a way of disappearing.

I would have accepted a simple apology.

It was educational, though. We, or at least I, learned "kiss my ass" in a new language. I think the other poster was out of line, but you should take it as a compliment - posters assume you know everything about NYRA.

the little guy
11-26-2013, 01:42 PM
Maybe because somewhere I got the idea that the inner was built for such weather.

Fair enough, but I would wonder if the lousy weather ( supposedly ) coming would get in the way of getting another surface ready.

I'll ask Glen.

Relwob Owner
11-26-2013, 01:49 PM

Like most on here, I dont know Andy personally so calling him names doesn't seem to make sense. I will say this: the man is amazingly well prepared and VERY good at his job. I watched him on the Breeders Cup feed and must say that while all the commentators were good, Andy stood out in terms of his analysis and how he presented it. He made what was a good day even better with how well he performed that day IMO.