PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys owner heaps praise on his GM

Clocker
11-24-2013, 03:12 PM
I hope he didn't hurt himself, patting himself on the back.

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is proud of his work as a general manager.

Despite the Cowboys not making the playoffs for the past three years and going 21-21 during that span, Jones patted himself on the back.

"The facts are I really do think, the way things have rolled out, I'm getting to do some of the best work that I've done, relatively speaking in my career, over these last several years," Jones said Friday morning on KRLD-FM.

Jones has been general manager since 1997, going 133-133, according to ESPN Dallas.

Jones said he plans on being the general manager for the next 10 to 15 years and told the players that.

Full article here. (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-proud-191300901--nfl.html)

ElKabong
11-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Longtime die hard Cowboy fans from the 1960s have long since given up on the franchise. I was given tix on the 45 yd line, row 12 vs Minnesota at Jerryworld. No way would I pay to walk in there....anyways, there were as many viking fans in the bldg as there were cowboy fans

It;s a shame JJ tore down a great franchise. It was very down when he bought it, true. Changes needed to be made but he made every wrong move you could make from the way he fired Landry, to the way he ran off Jimmy Johnson b/c he felt snubbed at a dinner

Unfortunately he won't sell , and his less lunatic son, Stephen, seems to be more and more like jerry every day

precocity
11-27-2013, 08:39 AM
Longtime die hard Cowboy fans from the 1960s have long since given up on the franchise. I was given tix on the 45 yd line, row 12 vs Minnesota at Jerryworld. No way would I pay to walk in there....anyways, there were as many viking fans in the bldg as there were cowboy fans

It;s a shame JJ tore down a great franchise. It was very down when he bought it, true. Changes needed to be made but he made every wrong move you could make from the way he fired Landry, to the way he ran off Jimmy Johnson b/c he felt snubbed at a dinner

Unfortunately he won't sell , and his less lunatic son, Stephen, seems to be more and more like jerry every day

good post jerry is the PT barnum of the nfl.

TJDave
11-27-2013, 11:54 AM

Unfortunately he won't sell

The Dallas Cowboys are consistently ranked in the top five of the world's sports franchises and #1 in American football. I doubt that Jones got there in spite of himself.

precocity
11-27-2013, 12:08 PM
on the local sport station here in dallas they are going to wear some special uniforms for the turkey game tomorrow, not the throwbacks.

precocity
11-27-2013, 12:20 PM
on the local sport station here in dallas they are going to wear some special uniforms for the turkey game tomorrow, not the throwbacks.
:lol: nope just the dark blue uniforms? the throwbacks helmets the cowboys have all white with the blue star are against the concussion rule. :confused: