PDA

View Full Version : Speed Points. Need to Lead

karlskorner
03-25-2004, 08:55 AM
For those interested.

www.netcapper.com/TrackTracts.htm

OTM Al
03-25-2004, 11:07 AM
This is one of the first things I do when I evaluate a race. I've found it gives me a very simple way to picture how the race will set up. It shows its worth especially in sprints where the track is favoring speed.

andicap
03-25-2004, 12:22 PM
On Gordon's study I got the idea that research from Dave Schwartz showed results that were less steller using speed points. But I might be wrong. Dave?

:confused:

Dave Schwartz
03-25-2004, 01:51 PM
Andicap,

While I have not run his precie query, I can tell you that when you run any factor that isolates on a top-ranked horse, eliminating races with ties will generally improve performance. Adding the other things that Gordon used makes sense.

One problem that presents itself is that the impact of ES is often different from one circuit/track to another. Of course, if you have enough sample size, this works to your advantage because by passing a circuit where ES is less effective should make the circuits left even better.

I have enough confidence in Gordon's research capability to assume that he is right on the money. Can't wait to do a little research. You know, they say that plaigerism... no, no,... I mean imitation! ... anyway, it is the sincerest form of flattery. <G>

Dave

OTM Al
03-25-2004, 01:56 PM
All I know is it worked very well for me when I integrated it into my evaluations while the Aqueduct Innertrack meet was going. Since that is such a speed favoring surface, using the points really allowed me to see the race shape and identify legitimate wire to wire horses. Knowing the track bias is a MUST to use this effectively though IMO

kenwoodallpromos
03-25-2004, 05:07 PM
Actually, I like early speed points better than speed figures! Bias (a deep track) means a lot to me.

TRM
03-25-2004, 08:08 PM
You should also look for those races where you have 1 horse rated E8 and the rest are or E/P P or S. Those E8 horses will tend to steal it, and it's especially potent when that same horse is the #1 first fraction velocity. That's one of the first things I scan for in each race. But the public tends to see this too and the odds drop like a lead balloon. :(

TRM

socantra
03-25-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by andicap
On Gordon's study I got the idea that research from Dave Schwartz showed results that were less steller using speed points. But I might be wrong. Dave?

:confused:

I believe you're thinking about the HTR research instead of Dave Scwartz.

The 1st article starts on page 6 of the newsletter:

http://www.homebased2.com/km/pdf/HTRMonthlyReport-APR2001.pdf

socantra....

The_Knight_Sky
03-25-2004, 10:26 PM
What is Gordon Pine up to these days?

It's so quiet there - it's alarming! :eek:

JimG
03-26-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by The_Knight_Sky

Don't believe Gordon posts here but he has been devoting alot of time to the spot play feature capabilities he has developed in "The Capper" software. My guess is he spends alot of time researching spot plays and providing user support for the program. I have found him to be very pleasant to deal with.

Jim

Tom
03-26-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by The_Knight_Sky

Sound like all the users are too busy making money to post messages. OR, they are all broke and cannot afford internet access anymore! (Just kiding Capper people-I have great repsect for Gordon and his work).