PDA

View Full Version : 11/21 Pick of the Day - Churchill Race 8 (again)

letswastemoney
11-20-2013, 04:30 PM
Today's pick was bad, I admit. Nothing to do but try again.

BRIS PPs (http://www.brisnet.com/php/bw_pdf_viewer.php?track=CD&race=8&param1=1428&param2=5984&param3=1078968)

#8 Shesakitty (10/1) has some poor synthetic/turf form.

Her two dirt starts are pretty good though. She broke in the air in the first one, which pretty much killed all chance in a 4.5 furlong race, and she had another bad start in the next one, which was a 6 furlong race.

The majority of Tapits like the middle distances (1 mile to 1 1/8 miles) and this is a 1 mile race. There are a couple of decent fillies here, and the first half of the coupled entry scares me in particular, but at 10/1 Shesakitty would be a good stab.

sammy the sage
11-20-2013, 06:50 PM
Today's pick was bad, I admit. Nothing to do but try again.

BRIS PPs (http://www.brisnet.com/php/bw_pdf_viewer.php?track=CD&race=8&param1=1428&param2=5984&param3=1078968)

#8 Shesakitty (10/1) has some poor synthetic/turf form.

Her two dirt starts are pretty good though. She broke in the air in the first one, which pretty much killed all chance in a 4.5 furlong race, and she had another bad start in the next one, which was a 6 furlong race.

The majority of Tapits like the middle distances (1 mile to 1 1/8 miles) and this is a 1 mile race. There are a couple of decent fillies here, and the first half of the coupled entry scares me in particular, but at 10/1 Shesakitty would be a good stab.

like your pick here and reasoning as well...also like Gigglin' Gal....just the way she's run and finish times of last two...the extra 2 f's should be right in her wheelhouse...3rd off the lay-off also strong w/this trainer...would DUTCH these two as I hate the 2 favs....could see using as keys in horizontal plays...

and if it's wet...even better for #5...

ps...by the way...earlier in the card...2 School On a Hill....is on my watch list...totally jammed inside last race and jock did not ask...yet rolled by them all after the wire...loll's...might need longer however...still...might consider...

letswastemoney
11-20-2013, 07:33 PM
like your pick here and reasoning as well...also like Gigglin' Gal....just the way she's run and finish times of last two...the extra 2 f's should be right in her wheelhouse...3rd off the lay-off also strong w/this trainer...would DUTCH these two as I hate the 2 favs....could see using as keys in horizontal plays...

I think highly of Gigglin' Gal too. In fact I picked her in her last race, although the pace may not have been fast enough.

I like the fact she has competed against horses such as Antipathy, Close Hatches, Cor Cor, so she definitely has class.

Dirt racing favors speed in general, but sometimes I like to take shots with closers.

overthehill
11-20-2013, 09:51 PM
I though your pick today was well reasoned although it turned out to be very much up against the way inside speed seemed to be doing well. as far as your pick tomorrow, I dont really like maidens who have had lots of chances. which this field seems full of.

Racey
11-20-2013, 10:16 PM
I like the 5 ( 1-7-4-10) pt wheel

letswastemoney
11-20-2013, 11:33 PM
I though your pick today was well reasoned although it turned out to be very much up against the way inside speed seemed to be doing well. as far as your pick tomorrow, I dont really like maidens who have had lots of chances. which this field seems full of.
I pretty much knew it was over once I saw Top Priority being strangled off a 24 second opening quarter. But, I'll give a closing horse one more shot. There may be a bias at Churchill.

overthehill
11-21-2013, 04:54 AM
there certainly was a bias yesterday at cd with horses on the lead in early stretch holding on for the most part and no deep closers making headway in the stretch in the race i watched. In this race I think another long shot looks more interesting to me than yours. but good luck. i always tell myself that with price horses you dont have to be right as often and the late play pushing the odds up can make up for several more losers if your horse wins.what i mean by that is that the horse you are happily playing at 18-1 might go up to 30-1 in the last two minutes of play. while your pick of yesterday didnt fire. picking horses at 27-1 you dont have to be right very often to make money.

dartman51
11-21-2013, 03:59 PM
I think Fires has the :7: ROCKPORT HONEY ready to break her maiden. Finished a close 3rd last out, shortening up 1/2 furlong and has a very good recent work. I'll probably go W/P on the :7: , and Box the :1: , :7: , :8: in the EX. :ThmbUp:

letswastemoney
11-21-2013, 05:03 PM
Shesakitty stunk. On to tomorrow.

overthehill
11-22-2013, 08:14 AM
your pick ruined my exacta

Racey
11-22-2013, 04:03 PM
Shame I had to key the 5....had the 1 10 7 4