PDA

View Full Version : YONKERS LIVE Nov 19 2013

RaceTrackDaddy
11-19-2013, 07:11 PM
Back again at the hilltop.

Race 1
I have to follow the early money. This shipper from Harrington (# 1) Little Michael B had no shot from the 8 hole last out and now gets the rail. When racing at Har, he did go from last to third by a neck in a very fast time of 1:52:1.

Hope to get at least even money

Phantombridgejumpe
11-19-2013, 07:12 PM
I'll play him too

RaceTrackDaddy
11-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Back again at the hilltop.

Race 1
I have to follow the early money. This shipper from Harrington (# 1) Little Michael B had no shot from the 8 hole last out and now gets the rail. When racing at Har, he did go from last to third by a neck in a very fast time of 1:52:1.

Hope to get at least even money
Sears took a seat in the two hole and let the (# 6) take the lead. Soon there after, Sears took the lead and looked like he was going to have things to himself. Brennan came first up before the half and Sears threw out the anchor letting George get by and open up. Chasing from about six lengths behind, Sears tired in the lane losing the place spot while Brennan's horse just kept up the speed to the wire. Amazing how Brennan's horse spit the bit last out with George up to finish 8th after leading most of the way. You just can't get a hold of them.

Leon Cable used to race at the Meadows. After a race that he came third, I saw him at the nightclub after all my friends cashed nice on a race he had the favorite and finished third while our friends horse, Shrecks Bullet won the race with Miadio off the exacta. He said, "You gotta bet me, WHEN I BET ME!"..

I just have to wonder if that is the same case here.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Race 2
My first inclination was to go with the (# 2) Karalta Bye Bye with Brennan but I am having second thoughts.

With this being a Trackmaster Contest night, I have to realize that these guys will be setting up horses for prices.

For a weak wager, I think the shipper from Vernon , (# 4) might be the play.

Phantombridgejumpe
11-19-2013, 07:33 PM
Race 2

Your 4 is 26 to 1.

I'll try the 6

RaceTrackDaddy
11-19-2013, 07:34 PM
I could not bet the (# 2) even if I wanted, that one is scratched...rooting for the longshot.

Stillriledup
11-19-2013, 07:39 PM
Here's my question.

Someone made the 1-3 DD probable 3 dollars. Three. Both horses were absolute crud. The heavy fave in the first race couldnt even hold 2nd and the trotter chalk in Race 2 was falling down the entire way and stopped in the stretch like she was worth 2 cents. Whoever bet this DD down to 3 bucks needs to go back to handicapping school, both horses were not competitive for the win, embarrassing favorites in both races.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-19-2013, 07:40 PM
Race 2
My first inclination was to go with the (# 2) Karalta Bye Bye with Brennan but I am having second thoughts.

With this being a Trackmaster Contest night, I have to realize that these guys will be setting up horses for prices.

For a weak wager, I think the shipper from Vernon , (# 4) might be the play.
Stratton wanted no part of this race. He got away fourth place behind Jimmer who gapped out about 6 lengths from the top two horses. Stratton took the tail of the horse in his face countless times during this race and he still held the reins tightly. After giving him a worthless trip, he comes in fifth. Oh well turn the page.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-19-2013, 07:45 PM
Taking another (what I think will be a longshot) in Incognito (# 5) with Scott Zeron up in the bike. I recall this kid racing up at the smaller Ontario tracks like Flamboro and Western Fair. He can flat out drive. Rick, his dad, has talent that he passed on to his kid. This horse he is driving, won in a 12.5 claim back on Oct 3rd and was in contention on the 29th up in class to this 15 claiming race.

By the looks of the race via speed rating, this horse does not rank up to the others but some drivers in this sport have a way of getting more out of their mounts than most drivers, this is the case with Scott.

SchagFactorToWin
11-19-2013, 07:50 PM
I'm playing the 3/17 exactas.

Stillriledup
11-19-2013, 08:01 PM
Taking another (what I think will be a longshot) in Incognito (# 5) with Scott Zeron up in the bike. I recall this kid racing up at the smaller Ontario tracks like Flamboro and Western Fair. He can flat out drive. Rick, his dad, has talent that he passed on to his kid. This horse he is driving, won in a 12.5 claim back on Oct 3rd and was in contention on the 29th up in class to this 15 claiming race.

By the looks of the race via speed rating, this horse does not rank up to the others but some drivers in this sport have a way of getting more out of their mounts than most drivers, this is the case with Scott.

Lets hope you get Rich(ie) with your pick! :ThmbUp:

SchagFactorToWin
11-19-2013, 08:04 PM
a** backwards- been happening a lot recently.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-19-2013, 08:04 PM

Still waiting for my first win. Scott got dead cover till the last turn where he went three wide and closed up a little to finish off the board but at least closing at the end.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-19-2013, 08:05 PM
I'm playing the 3/17 exactas.
Great cappin...you are right on. The Tri bx was over 500 bucks,,,,nice

RaceTrackDaddy
11-19-2013, 08:10 PM
Here's my question.

Someone made the 1-3 DD probable 3 dollars. Three. Both horses were absolute crud. The heavy fave in the first race couldnt even hold 2nd and the trotter chalk in Race 2 was falling down the entire way and stopped in the stretch like she was worth 2 cents. Whoever bet this DD down to 3 bucks needs to go back to handicapping school, both horses were not competitive for the win, embarrassing favorites in both races.
I have seen some very stupid plays since Presidents Day in greyhounds and harness racing. Since this is harness, I will talk about it as it is similar in the puppies.

At the Meadows, three favorites (both on the board and program) were turning to start the race. Someone bet 10 grand, two grand each on five longshots. The winners were the three favorites at 17/1, 6/1 and 38/1. THe tri paid like $50 or less....$12 ex.. We believe that someone is betting off shore that is paying track odds. This might be the case here.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-19-2013, 08:12 PM
Passing...got a phone call....

SchagFactorToWin
11-19-2013, 08:18 PM
System picks 4 & 6 as the contenders, but not bet worthy. I'm only betting the 3, 6 & 9th races today.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-19-2013, 08:31 PM
Credit Limit (# 5) 4/1
Don't expect much of a return if this one wins. I just need a win so I will bet Brennan on anything he is driving. If he wins, I just might double down on his next mount.

mrroyboy
11-19-2013, 08:32 PM
Rt you have to get your picks posted earlier before I put in my bets. You could save me a ton of money!!!!:)

RaceTrackDaddy
11-19-2013, 08:34 PM
System picks 4 & 6 as the contenders, but not bet worthy. I'm only betting the 3, 6 & 9th races today.
Wish I could limit my exposure...seems I go into this game with a plan but it soon fades away and I start pressing.

Guess I could map out a plan and fund my account only to the extent of those wagers. I would then only be able to bet if I connected on one of the planned wagers. I am sure the year to date stats would be in my favor as I usually spit into the wind.

lamboguy
11-19-2013, 08:38 PM
I have seen some very stupid plays since Presidents Day in greyhounds and harness racing. Since this is harness, I will talk about it as it is similar in the puppies.

At the Meadows, three favorites (both on the board and program) were turning to start the race. Someone bet 10 grand, two grand each on five longshots. The winners were the three favorites at 17/1, 6/1 and 38/1. THe tri paid like $50 or less....$12 ex.. We believe that someone is betting off shore that is paying track odds. This might be the case here.
there is only one man alive that could be doing that, and that man is THE GREAT GAMBINI. he's been at this for 40 years so far.

mrroyboy
Just for the record tho here are my Yonkers bets

Race 5 No 5 Credit Limit

RRace 6 No4 K lee's something or other

Race 7 No 3 Cowboy Teirrier w&p long shot special

Race 10 No 1 upfront tickets

RaceTrackDaddy
Rt you have to get your picks posted earlier before I put in my bets. You could save me a ton of money!!!!:)
I will try..lol

Here is race 6
Major Merlo (# 2) with Diamond Jim in the bike. I been on this one the last couple starts, he owes me.

Race 7
Dancing IN Terror (# 2)
Trainer won the first with Brennan and now gets Dube to drive this one. Dube just won the fourth race. This just might be the best combo on the day.

Race 8
Pronology Z Tam (# 1)
Seems this is one is sharp as a razor currently and now gets the inside post. It is his race to win or lose.

There ya go...

SchagFactorToWin
11-19-2013, 08:41 PM
two bets remaining:
Race 6 2/48
Race 9 2/31

Gotta go. I've put the bets in as conditionals, so I'll have something to look forward to when I get back!

RaceTrackDaddy
11-19-2013, 08:42 PM
there is only one man alive that could be doing that, and that man is THE GREAT GAMBINI. he's been at this for 40 years so far.
It only takes a couple scores before the offshore site will give this guy the boot. I recall back in the 1960's, someone was betting at Vegas on some track in Mexico....they sent a ton in at the books while betting a few grand on losers at the Mexico track. They hit the books for a couple million dollars...forgot what they did to them,,,,think they wrote a book about it,,,been so many years I can't recall if the mob still owned those vegas houses or after they were bought out by Howard Hughes..

RaceTrackDaddy
11-19-2013, 08:43 PM
two bets remaining:
Race 6 2/48
Race 9 2/31

Gotta go. I've put the bets in as conditionals, so I'll have something to look forward to when I get back!
Best wishes...have a safe trip.

melman
11-19-2013, 08:45 PM
R6 got the 4 with 125 and reverse, 4 to win.; At NFL 5 to win and 5 with 36 and 36 with 5.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-19-2013, 08:46 PM
Just for the record tho here are my Yonkers bets

Race 5 No 5 Credit Limit

RRace 6 No4 K lee's something or other

Race 7 No 3 Cowboy Teirrier w&p long shot special

Race 10 No 1 upfront tickets
There is one entered today..forgot the race, but since I am from a town near the Meadows, a horse was named after a local amusement park, Kennywood is the park, but they used the name of the owner, George Kehm and named it Kehmmywood. Pronounced as Kim mee wood. THe track announcer said something else last week.

Stillriledup
11-19-2013, 09:00 PM
This 4 horse in the 6th looks like the greatest thing since sliced bread on paper.

Can anyone verify if he's the real deal?

RaceTrackDaddy
11-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Just noticed that Kehmmywood (# 3) is in the 8th. I know I released the (# 1) earlier so I just might have to hook them both together for a 1-3 ex bx.

Stillriledup
11-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Kung Fu Fighting! 1-3 Box, ALL IN!

RaceTrackDaddy
11-19-2013, 09:38 PM
Race 9
I'm Not Telling (# 3)
Seems to have bottomed out last start. I look for this one to start back on up the form curve. A trip sitting third to the top of lane might cure his ills.

Race 10
Perma Grin (# 4) 5/1
Got the trip and did not disappoint last out after shipping up from Cheser. Brennan remains on board. Has to be live.

Race 11
Batttle Call (# 3) 8/5
Looks head and shoulders better than the field. Sears on another rocket.

Race 12
Source of Pride (# 3) 4/1
This horse put in a nice effort in his first time after shipping in from Pokie. Better post just might give Sears (and me) the late DD.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-19-2013, 09:40 PM
Kung Fu Fighting! 1-3 Box, ALL IN!
Probables 1-3 $28
3-1 $36

Love the prices...

RaceTrackDaddy
11-19-2013, 09:45 PM
Probables 1-3 $28
3-1 $36

Love the prices...
DAM
Someone please tell the announcer the horse's name is pronounced Kehmmy' Wood,,,,,anyone have an email address to the announcer?

geez
Kehmmy went off at 8/1 and I don't cash a dam ticket.....damm

Stillriledup
11-19-2013, 09:52 PM
DAM
Someone please tell the announcer the horse's name is pronounced Kehmmy' Wood,,,,,anyone have an email address to the announcer?

geez

I made small win bet on Kehmmy and missed the exa. Thanks for the comments on this horse, because you liked him i bet win. I was sure that chalk was going to muscle up the pole and get 2nd, but he seemed like he didnt want to pass on the inside.

Great picks, great try, the winner was sensational.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-19-2013, 09:54 PM
DAM

geez
I sent one off to Yonkers site contact address...let us see if they pass along the correct enunciation for the horse, Kehmmywood.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-19-2013, 09:56 PM
I made small win bet on Kehmmy and missed the exa. Thanks for the comments on this horse, because you liked him i bet win. I was sure that chalk was going to muscle up the pole and get 2nd, but he seemed like he didnt want to pass on the inside.

Great picks, great try, the winner was sensational.
Your welcome...seemed like the (# 1) wanted no piece of the pie in that race....same thing in the previous race when the (# 2) was in the pocket and then let the (# 5) in making him third place past the 3/4 pole and then came out with about 30 yards left to make a move for second and got it. These guys aren't always going with their horses for whatever reason.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-19-2013, 10:12 PM
Race 9
I'm Not Telling (# 3)
Seems to have bottomed out last start. I look for this one to start back on up the form curve. A trip sitting third to the top of lane might cure his ills.

I got the perfect trip second over behind the eventual winner and favorite and was even third at the top of the lane when he ran out of gas. Last half went in 55:2 so I can see why he backed up. Have to keep an eye on this one as he will be getting back in form. Some people call this bio-rhythm handicapping but it just makes sense that our and animals bodies do get into top shape and out of it. Just the way it is.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Race 10
Perma Grin (# 4) 5/1
Got the trip and did not disappoint last out after shipping up from Chester. Brennan remains on board. Has to be live.

Sat 6th after giving the (# 6) the hole in the first turn. Ended up going second up with no pace and came in last place. Not what I expected.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-19-2013, 10:45 PM
Race 11
Batttle Call (# 3) 8/5
Looks head and shoulders better than the field. Sears on another rocket.

Sears got what he wanted. He failed to leave and sat fifth. Instead of going second over behind the (# 1) at the half, he just kept his tight reigns taunt until the top of the stretch trying to go from fifth to first and he knows that was not going to happen. He got his place position and stopped driving as Brennan, who was passed earlier came out in the passing lane to win it easily.

melman
11-19-2013, 11:05 PM
UH??? Jason Bartlett was the winning driver in R11 and by using the passing lane.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-19-2013, 11:11 PM
Race 12
Source of Pride (# 3) 4/1
This horse put in a nice effort in his first time after shipping in from Pokie. Better post just might give Sears (and me) the late DD.
Didn't have hope for Sears to give me a decent steer so I did not wager this race. Glad I didn't as he went too low and gave his horse no shot in hell of being on the board by his taking back and not moving until near the three quarter pole. Sometimes you have to think about things people have said, at least to me, "this is harness racing, not honest racing".

Sears put in a run after the three quarter pole but shut the horse down mid stretch when it appeared he had a shot at being on the superfecta ticket. Guess he was not allowed to be there hence his stop urging the horse forward.

It's harness racing, not honest racing.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-19-2013, 11:13 PM
UH??? Jason Bartlett was the winning driver in R11 and by using the passing lane.
Wrong driver, right horse as the (# 5) had the lead then gave it up to the (# 1) and then the (# 5) came back in the passing lane to win.