PDA

View Full Version : What would happen at SRU DOWNS here!!!????!!!

wiffleball whizz
11-18-2013, 10:02 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nGCKL-JrW70

Winners would be paid correct :lol:

Hoofless_Wonder
11-18-2013, 10:08 PM
Hmmm. That would make for an interesting inquiry. :confused:

I'd say the :3: dog gets suspended at least a month for that shortcut.

wiffleball whizz
11-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Hmmm. That would make for an interesting inquiry. :confused:

I'd say the :3: dog gets suspended at least a month for that shortcut.

I've heard stories about that race somewhere in heavy fog where the jock pulled up the horse and waited then started as horses were getting close to turn

098poi
11-18-2013, 10:12 PM
I noticed that AFTER the gates opened the odds dropped on that dog dramatically! THEY have even gotten to the dogs. Oh the humanity. :faint:

Stillriledup
11-18-2013, 10:24 PM
Ive been to dog racing in Florida on occasion and there are times when a dog is trying to slip thru the inside and the lead dog will hip-check him into the rail.

No DQ, just like at SRU! :ThmbUp:

NJ Stinks
11-18-2013, 10:44 PM
I believe the dog's name really is Unperturbed! :lol:

Great find, WW! :cool:

wiffleball whizz
11-18-2013, 10:53 PM
I believe the dog's name really is Unperturbed! :lol:

Great find, WW! :cool:

I noticed that video while in Connecticut trying to sharpen up my dog handicapping skills......never got good at it

Mineshaft
11-19-2013, 12:37 AM
I've heard stories about that race somewhere in heavy fog where the jock pulled up the horse and waited then started as horses were getting close to turn

Delta Downs-Carmouche

PaceAdvantage
11-19-2013, 01:44 AM
Dog racing wipeouts are the best...if only because I've never seen a dog get injured despite the fact that they always look brutal...

I used to go to Wonderland all the time when I was going to school and living in Boston...

thaskalos
11-19-2013, 02:11 AM
Delta Downs-Carmouche

"It ain't fair. I know I ain't did it"...Sylvester Carmouche declared after he was found guilty by the commission.

Another telling detail that came out of this affair is something which proves conclusively how serious the Louisiana Racing Board is when prosecuting people who try to defraud the wagering public.

Carmouche was taken to trial for the misdemeanor attempted theft of $90...which was the difference between the $140 Carmouche would have received if his horse won -- and the $50 each jockey got paid for just being in the race.

The fraud perpetrated against the wagering public never entered into the equation at all. :rolleyes:

Mineshaft
11-19-2013, 08:40 AM
"It ain't fair. I know I ain't did it"...Sylvester Carmouche declared after he was found guilty by the commission.

Another telling detail that came out of this affair is something which proves conclusively how serious the Louisiana Racing Board is when prosecuting people who try to defraud the wagering public.

Carmouche was taken to trial for the misdemeanor attempted theft of $90...which was the difference between the $140 Carmouche would have received if his horse won -- and the $50 each jockey got paid for just being in the race.

The fraud perpetrated against the wagering public never entered into the equation at all. :rolleyes:

I think he got 10 years

thaskalos
11-19-2013, 10:43 AM
http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1991/Jockey-Convicted-of-Hiding-in-the-Fog/id-f6466b7138f3135b7b65948d9a762105

RunForTheRoses
11-19-2013, 10:49 AM
Great video, had a laugh.

The Rosie Ruiz of the Greyhound set:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b81a39Q43PY

turninforhome10
11-19-2013, 11:11 AM
How about this ruling. The only dog to get disqualified is the smartest of the bunchEHDvyrFy5aA

BlueShoe
11-19-2013, 11:25 AM
Why I do not wager on dog racing. :D The last time I was at a dog track was back in the 90's at the old Post Falls, Idaho track. Broke dead even that night, and will keep it that way. :)

cj
11-19-2013, 12:01 PM
How about this ruling. The only dog to get disqualified is the smartest of the bunchEHDvyrFy5aA

I'm impressed the announcer actually used names. I remember when Trevor did that at Wonderland (I think) and it did not go over well.

mountainman
11-19-2013, 12:53 PM
I noticed that video while in Connecticut trying to sharpen up my dog handicapping skills......never got good at it

Lost my 4x shirt before realizing that horse-handicapping doesn't work on dogs. No mas. But I have heard sharp guys, well-versed in all 3 games, contend that hounds are more beatable than trots or flats.

Stillriledup
11-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Lost my 4x shirt before realizing that horse-handicapping doesn't work on dogs. No mas. But I have heard sharp guys, well-versed in all 3 games, contend that hounds are more beatable than trots or flats.

You don't have jocks manipulating the pace and you don't have disqualifications, right there that has to add something to every dog player's bottom line. If you have the best dog, you win. In horse racing, you lose a certain pct of races due to "human error" and nitpicky disqualifications. You don't have to overcome "meddling humans" in dog racing.

BlueShoe
11-19-2013, 02:06 PM
You don't have jocks manipulating the pace and you don't have disqualifications, right there that has to add something to every dog player's bottom line.
You do not have decent sized pools to bet into either. That $50 or $100 win bet at SA or BEL will have zero effect on the price. The pools are so tiny at the dog tracks that if you send that C note in on a medium priced pooch the odds plunge on the next flash.

Stillriledup
11-19-2013, 02:38 PM
You do not have decent sized pools to bet into either. That $50 or $100 win bet at SA or BEL will have zero effect on the price. The pools are so tiny at the dog tracks that if you send that C note in on a medium priced pooch the odds plunge on the next flash.

Yep, that's a problem. Pools too small. I've always wondered why those pools were so small when dog racing offers the player the ability to not get stiffed by a jockey and not ever get disqualified.

BlueShoe
11-19-2013, 03:36 PM
Yep, that's a problem. Pools too small. I've always wondered why those pools were so small when dog racing offers the player the ability to not get stiffed by a jockey and not ever get disqualified.
For reasons which I have never figured out, the WPS pools are neglected at the dog tracks, with patrons chasing the exotics, the Quinella in particular, which is very popular. The Q wager is almost extinct at the TB tracks, but the doggy bettors love it. :confused:

proximity
11-19-2013, 05:32 PM
i think that dog read ragozin's the odds must be crazy one too many times.

sru downs?? dog probably gets eaten by a shark in the crystal blue infield lake. :)

wiffleball whizz
11-19-2013, 09:32 PM

U guys got dogs at mnr right? I can bet on it at Charlestown so I'm assuming u can bet there

And that $127 in a WPS pool is amongst the deadest money there is in gambling.......who can possibly have a clue at 11:15pm betting dogs

wiffleball whizz
11-19-2013, 09:36 PM
Dog racing wipeouts are the best...if only because I've never seen a dog get injured despite the fact that they always look brutal...

I used to go to Wonderland all the time when I was going to school and living in Boston...

It doesn't get any worse

Early in my time in Connecticut the Sunday night slate was...

Wonderland bow wows
Los al
Mountaineer
Balmoral

When u went form your balls that night it made you hate yourself

rrpic6
11-19-2013, 10:03 PM
U guys got dogs at mnr right? I can bet on it at Charlestown so I'm assuming u can bet there

And that $127 in a WPS pool is amongst the deadest money there is in gambling.......who can possibly have a clue at 11:15pm betting dogs

An ex Simulcast Manager at the Mountain (they all got canned a few years ago replaced by a Slots guy) was excellent at Handicapping Phoenix Dogs after his shift ended. He'd play the twin-tri and had some nice scores....all after 11:15 PM.

RR