PDA

View Full Version : Oddity

pandy
11-18-2013, 07:44 AM
Here's something odd. In the 13th race at Cal Expo Saturday night, a 39-1 shot and a 27-1 shot finished 1-2 in a photo and both were trained by Pierre Girard. The exacta paid $551. There were no breakers in the race.

baconswitchfarm
11-18-2013, 10:30 AM
Here's something odd. In the 13th race at Cal Expo Saturday night, a 39-1 shot and a 27-1 shot finished 1-2 in a photo and both were trained by Pierre Girard. The exacta paid $551. There were no breakers in the race.

The ten should have never been 39-1 . He has been really good. And that 551 was for a dollar. I hated the two and missed everything. The race was wide open but that trainer lost two horses this week and they were both off the screen winners. His horses being 1-2 deserved to pay that much.

pandy
11-18-2013, 10:55 AM
I didn't think the payoff was odd, just the fact that two big longshots trained by the same trainer ran 1-2.

baconswitchfarm
11-18-2013, 01:33 PM
I didn't think the payoff was odd, just the fact that two big longshots trained by the same trainer ran 1-2.

If it is going to happen somewhere it is there. They have had races this meet with six horse fields. Five horses trained by two trainers.Handle seems to be way down as well. I have got to admit they have stayed open way longer than I could have predicted. I actually like betting there as numbers seem to pay fair as compared to Freehold and other chalky tracks.