PDA

View Full Version : aqu :11/17/13/race 4

NY BRED
11-17-2013, 02:07 PM
In case anyone wants to argue this fact, bring it on. Before you do,
watch the rear of the field coming down the stretch.

#4 ,Hardly, sweeps across the track, clearly drifts out and impedes # 5 ,
Seeking Her Glory.

JI states the # 4 drifts out , Stewards post an inquiry, Frank Alvarado calls a foul.

Result: the #4 stays. Interestingly JJ rides for Henig on the #4,
Alavardo maintained the mount for Pletcher in this race.

The insanity of these stooges being called stewards is an insult
to the public.

porchy44
11-17-2013, 06:26 PM
Theres is "no rhyme or reason" to an inquiry or objection at a racetrack. The stewards do what they want.
You could pull archives of 10 identical inquiries from the past. 5 would be "taken down", and the the other 5 would be "no change".

therussmeister
11-17-2013, 09:28 PM
I believe there is rhyme or reason. I claim when there is no clear cut foul, the decision virtually always goes in favor of the jock highest in the standings.

I believe this is true of every track I've ever played. And I'm not a cynical person by nature.

Stillriledup
11-17-2013, 09:47 PM
SRU Downs

Where WINNERS get paid.

thespaah
11-17-2013, 09:49 PM
Stewards are charged with the duty of a difficult sort.
In cases where the finishing positions of the horses involved is not obvious, the Stewards are left with no choice but to predict the "what if"...That is not easy.
Yes, at one time or another we have all thought we were the victim of a 'bad call'..And most of us will most likely claim when asked, "how many times in your betting career have you been "pulled up" by a DQ?".....Say "never"...
I've been pulled down far more times than I've been pulled up. For purely anecdotal purposes, my best 'pull up' was the 1984 BC Classic. Yeah that DQ of "The Hooded Monster" allowed me to hit a $160+ exacta. Nice. But I can say this is rare.
Are the Stewards out to get me? No. They have no clue what I bet. Some of the commentary on this issue leaves me scratching my head. It seems as though some on here actually believe the stewards have some kind of vendetta against them. Come on....
Look, officials in any sport make errors. They are human beings. No one like to lose money based on an objective ruling. But until we figure out a way to have cut and dried rules and use technology only to make these rulings, the system, is what it is.
Remember, we are gambling. And gambling carries with it a risk of failure.

Stillriledup
11-17-2013, 09:52 PM
Stewards are charged with the duty of a difficult sort.
In cases where the finishing positions of the horses involved is not obvious, the Stewards are left with no choice but to predict the "what if"...That is not easy.
Yes, at one time or another we have all thought we were the victim of a 'bad call'..And most of us will most likely claim when asked, "how many times in your betting career have you been "pulled up" by a DQ?".....Say "never"...
I've been pulled down far more times than I've been pulled up. For purely anecdotal purposes, my best 'pull up' was the 1984 BC Classic. Yeah that DQ of "The Hooded Monster" allowed me to hit a $160+ exacta. Nice. But I can say this is rare.
Are the Stewards out to get me? No. They have no clue what I bet. Some of the commentary on this issue leaves me scratching my head. It seems as though some on here actually believe the stewards have some kind of vendetta against them. Come on....
Look, officials in any sport make errors. They are human beings. No one like to lose money based on an objective ruling. But until we figure out a way to have cut and dried rules and use technology only to make these rulings, the system, is what it is.
Remember, we are gambling. And gambling carries with it a risk of failure.

I've been DQ'd for boxcars more than once, i've never been put up for boxcars. The DQ's might all even out in the AMOUNT of DQs, but moneywise, i'm way down. It only takes one huge pick 6 to have them take from you to make it almost impossible to "catch up" and get back that money.

thespaah
11-17-2013, 10:04 PM
In case anyone wants to argue this fact, bring it on. Before you do,
watch the rear of the field coming down the stretch.

#4 ,Hardly, sweeps across the track, clearly drifts out and impedes # 5 ,
Seeking Her Glory.

JI states the # 4 drifts out , Stewards post an inquiry, Frank Alvarado calls a foul.

Result: the #4 stays. Interestingly JJ rides for Henig on the #4,
Alavardo maintained the mount for Pletcher in this race.

The insanity of these stooges being called stewards is an insult
to the public.
I don't know what you refer to in the "rear of the field"...
The :4: has a clear and open lead. The :4: drifts out first with about 1/8th to go. The rider on the :5: keeps his path. The :4: then drifts out again, still with an open lead. The rider of the :5: appeared to be committed to going to the outside of the :4: in spite of the fact the the :4: was now known to be prone to drifting. The rider ( BTW not Frank but Junior Alvarado) then decides to take up slightly and then alter course to the inside. At no time ( my opinion as steward for a day) did the :5: appear to gaining significantly on the :4: such that the :5: would have passed the :4: . Result stands.
Again, my opinion. You have a different point of view. I have no dog in this fight.
You could argue "well if you had your money on it, you'd feel differently"....Then my opinion would be subjective rather than objective.

Rookies
11-17-2013, 10:15 PM
I don't know what you refer to in the "rear of the field"...
The :4: has a clear and open lead. The :4: drifts out first with about 1/8th to go. The rider on the :5: keeps his path. The :4: then drifts out again, still with an open lead. The rider of the :5: appeared to be committed to going to the outside of the :4: in spite of the fact the the :4: was now known to be prone to drifting. The rider ( BTW not Frank but Junior Alvarado) then decides to take up slightly and then alter course to the inside. At no time ( my opinion as steward for a day) did the :5: appear to gaining significantly on the :4: such that the :5: would have passed the :4: . Result stands.
Again, my opinion. You have a different point of view. I have no dog in this fight.
You could argue "well if you had your money on it, you'd feel differently"....Then my opinion would be subjective rather than objective.

I completely agree with your assessment, having just reviewed the race. Unless the :4: fell down, the :5: was never going to pass. The most important point is the clear and significant open lead. This wasn't a 2 horse clash down the stretch at all. The 4 lugged out a bit, with the 5 behind, not beside- ever.

That is why the Stewards saw it that way.

I've seen waaaay worse.

thespaah
11-17-2013, 10:15 PM
I've been DQ'd for boxcars more than once, i've never been put up for boxcars. The DQ's might all even out in the AMOUNT of DQs, but moneywise, i'm way down. It only takes one huge pick 6 to have them take from you to make it almost impossible to "catch up" and get back that money.
"Get back that money"...Now there is where you and I differ. I look at it like this. Since I never had possession of the money,there is nothing for me to 'get back'..
Allows me to keep my sanity.
My largest DQ was on the OTB Saturday night pick 4 at Roosevelt.
I had the first three legs. On the show on Sat night, they showed the will pays. Then the race. Live. Had I not gotten pulled down, I was in for getting $1200.
Needless to say it was a disappointing evening on many levels.
The call was as good as gold. The leading horse made a right hand turn 100 yards from the wire. It was a good call by the judges. It happens.

Stillriledup
11-17-2013, 10:21 PM
"Get back that money"...Now there is where you and I differ. I look at it like this. Since I never had possession of the money,there is nothing for me to 'get back'..
Allows me to keep my sanity.
My largest DQ was on the OTB Saturday night pick 4 at Roosevelt.
I had the first three legs. On the show on Sat night, they showed the will pays. Then the race. Live. Had I not gotten pulled down, I was in for getting $1200.
Needless to say it was a disappointing evening on many levels.
The call was as good as gold. The leading horse made a right hand turn 100 yards from the wire. It was a good call by the judges. It happens.

Im going on the "they say it all evens out' theory, if you take the money i got taken down for and the money i got put up for, its "supposed" to even out. Hopefully one day it will even out for me. I've had some horrendous DQs in my gambling career, but i know that there are people who have had way worse beats than me, beats for more money and DQs for more money, so i'm not complaining (you know me, i never complain. ;) )