PDA

View Full Version : ObamaCare fix dead on arrival

Clocker
11-14-2013, 06:30 PM
The Washington State Insurance Commissioner, a Democrat, says that insurance companies in that state will not be allowed to sell the canceled policies. Regulators in other states are expected to follow.

The state of Washington will not allow insurance companies to extend individual plans for an additional year as President Barack Obama suggested because it is concerned about how such a move would be implemented and affect costs, the state's insurance commissioner said on Thursday.

Obama said on Thursday that the healthcare reform law will now allow insurers to renew policies by an additional year, extending the deadline for renewals from 2013 until 2014.

"I do not believe his proposal is a good deal for the state of Washington. In the interest of keeping the consumer protections we have enacted and ensuring that we keep health insurance costs down for all consumers, we are staying the course," insurance commissioner Mike Kreidler said in a statement.

Article (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/14/washington-state-obamacare_n_4276850.html)

sammy the sage
11-14-2013, 10:34 PM
interesting back-drop...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.randpaulreview.com/2013/1...ll-was-passed/
Rand Paul on Obamacare [Begins @ 5:40]:

“I’m still learning about it. It’s 20,000 pages of regulations. The Bill was 2,000 pages and I didn’t realize this until this week, the whole idea of you losing or getting your insurance cancelled wasn’t in the original Obamacare. It was a regulation WRITTEN BY PRESIDENT OBAMA, three months later.So we had a vote, this is before I got up there. The Republicans had a vote to try to cancel that regulation so you COULDN’T BE CANCELLED, to grandfather everybody in. You know what the vote was? Straight party line. EVERY DEMOCRAT VOTED TO KEEP THE RULE THAT CANCELS YOUR INSURANCE.” [SOURCE]

Clocker
11-14-2013, 10:43 PM
Quote of the year from Obama's speech today:

What we're also discovering is that insurance is complicated to buy.

Welcome to the real world.

LottaKash
11-15-2013, 12:13 AM
Quote of the year from Obama's speech today:

Welcome to the real world.

This is irrelevant to that quote, but, just for fun, I thought that I would throw it in anyway....:D

''We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad.''

—President Obama, Cincinnati, OH, Sept. 22, 2011

rastajenk
11-15-2013, 07:20 AM
Reminds me of when he tried to relay his experience with car insurance (http://www.exposeobama.com/2010/02/27/obamas-bizarre-auto-insurance-story/). He either didn't understand insurance then and still doesn't; or he does, but it doesn't fit his agenda. Nothing noble about The Most Powerful Person In The Free World being in either category.

While searching, I found this blog posting (http://althouse.blogspot.com/2011/07/obama-lied-about-central-fact-about-his.html) about Obama's mother, pre-existing conditions, and insurance companies, that includes this:

During his presidential campaign and subsequent battle over a health care law, Mr. Obama quieted crowds with the story of his mother’s fight with her insurer over whether her cancer was a pre-existing condition that disqualified her from coverage.

In offering the story as an argument for ending pre-existing condition exclusions by health insurers, the president left the clear impression that his mother’s fight was over health benefits for medical expenses.

But in “A Singular Woman: The Untold Story of Barack Obama’s Mother,” author Janny Scott quotes from correspondence from the president’s mother to assert that the 1995 dispute concerned a Cigna disability insurance policy and that her actual health insurer had apparently reimbursed most of her medical expenses without argument....

Everything about ACA is based on untruths and distortions. Surely that rises to the level of high crime and misdemeanor. Andrew Johnson was impeached for executing the laws unevenly. Obamacare dwarfs any misfeasance Johnson ever was capable of.

GaryG
11-15-2013, 07:59 AM
This is irrelevant to that quote, but, just for fun, I thought that I would throw it in anyway....:D

''We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad.''

—President Obama, Cincinnati, OH, Sept. 22, 2011This admin is more likely to build something like Bastiat's Negative Railroad.

chrisl
11-15-2013, 03:26 PM
This moron could not plan a picnic