PDA

View Full Version : Articles of impeachment coming Thursday

JustRalph
11-14-2013, 02:29 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/11/14/us-usa-congress-holder-idUSBRE9AD02O20131114

This is going to be a mess........

JustRalph
11-14-2013, 02:46 AM
Article I of the impeachment proceedings claims that Holder “engaged in a pattern of conduct incompatible with the trust and confidence placed in him” by refusing to comply with a subpoena issued by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee for documents related to “a legitimate congressional investigation into Operation Fast and Furious by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms that put thousands of illegally-purchased weapons into the hands of cartel leaders, ultimately resulting in the death of U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry on December 14, 2010.”

[…]

Article II of the proceedings charges that Holder violated his oath of office by refusing to enforce certain laws that the Obama administration, for various reasons, decided not to enforce, including the Defense of Marriage Act, which the administration deemed unconstitutional.

[…]

Article III also charges that Holder violated his oath of office, this time by “refusing to prosecute individuals involved in the Internal Revenue Service scandal of unauthorized disclosure of tax records belonging to political donors.”

[…]

Finally, Article IV claims Holder “provided false testimony to the House Judiciary Committee” regarding the potential prosecution of a member of the news media, Fox News correspondent James Rosen, using the Espionage Act.

Tom
11-14-2013, 07:35 AM
If I were Obama and I thought impeachment was on the horizon, you what I would do today?

Bop an intern!

Robert Goren
11-14-2013, 08:00 AM
What a waste of time and taxpayer dollars. Even if the House impeaches Holder, there is not 67 votes in the senate to convict. Of course it would give Cousin Teddy Cruz another chance to read another children's book into the Congressional Record. This why the House has a positive job rating about 35% points below that of Obama. Even their mothers have a hard time being proud of the House republicans.

newtothegame
11-14-2013, 08:02 AM
What a waste of time and taxpayer dollars. Even if the House impeaches Holder, there is not 67 votes in the senate to convict. Of course it would give Cousin Teddy Cruz another chance to read another children's book into the Congressional Record. This why the House has a positive job rating about 35% points below that of Obama. Even their mothers have a hard time being proud of the House republicans.
Gee Bobby, you forgot to mention the senate's positive job rating.....hmmmmm:lol:

newtothegame
11-14-2013, 08:04 AM
Care to guess which congressional member has the LOWEST rating of all???? :lol:

Robert Goren
11-14-2013, 08:15 AM
Care to guess which congressional member has the LOWEST rating of all???? :lol: D; Anybody but my congressman or senator. :lol:
Is there one rated above Obama or Holder?

newtothegame
11-14-2013, 08:18 AM
D; Anybody but my congressman or senator. :lol:
Is there one rated above Obama or Holder?
Considering Obama and Holder are NOT congressional members, I don't know if that's a far comparison....but no, I would imagine they are the lowest lol

Robert Goren
11-14-2013, 08:29 AM
Gee Bobby, you forgot to mention the senate's positive job rating.....hmmmmm:lol: You raise a valid point. I checked with Google and could not find poll anywhere on who is more popular the senate or the house. You would think there would be at least one, wouldn't you?