PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes its better to be slow than fast!

Stillriledup
11-13-2013, 04:07 PM
In the 8th race today at the Big A, the sluggish and overrated favorite set the pace while essentially being handed the race. She was too slow to win and because of her 'slowness' she got bothered by a horse who was faster than her. Now, the people who bet the slower horse were rewarded monies that came from the people who bet on the faster horse.

The 2 was put in a "jackpot" because she wasnt fast enough to keep up. I know technically the winner cost her a board spot and that's why there was a DQ, but it really sucks to bet on the faster runner and not get paid, while watching the people who bet on the slower horse stick your money in their pockets.

At SRU we probably leave the winner up under the guise that the grey horse caused her own trouble, but i can see why a lesser track might make a change. Not sure why this took 92 minutes to make a DQ, it seemed pretty cut and dried to me.

olddaddy
11-13-2013, 04:24 PM
And I am sure it cost someone big in the pk6., which was carried over.

Stillriledup
11-13-2013, 04:28 PM
And I am sure it cost someone big in the pk6., which was carried over.

No doubt. Its a very tough beat, the winner just had to run straight and she gets paid off and someone hits the pick 6 for a decent amount.

WP1981
11-13-2013, 09:19 PM
SRU, is it possible to be faster and avoid almost putting the horse in question over the fence as you pass by? You knew it was coming back 4-2-1 the second it happened.

Stillriledup
11-13-2013, 09:30 PM
SRU, is it possible to be faster and avoid almost putting the horse in question over the fence as you pass by? You knew it was coming back 4-2-1 the second it happened.

Its possible, but, you know in racing, "stuff happens" horses sometimes don't run in a straight line. If the leader didnt want to get bothered, she should have run faster, she had a clear lead, if she stayed in front, none of that would have happened.

DJofSD
11-13-2013, 09:50 PM
Sometimes its better to be slow than fast!

Rowen to Martin: that's what she said!

Stillriledup
11-13-2013, 09:53 PM
Sometimes its better to be slow than fast!

Rowen to Martin: that's what she said!

Or, Michael Scott from The Office! :D