PDA

View Full Version : Ed Reed cut by the Texans !!

cj's dad
11-12-2013, 08:55 PM
I said many months ago that this guy was toast. Adios Ed; have a good retirement.

PhantomOnTour
11-12-2013, 09:03 PM
I said many months ago that this guy was toast. Adios Ed; have a good retirement.
You almost sound excited or happy...why?

Reed was the right hand man, if you will, to Ray Lewis for over a decade.
A part of some pretty damn good teams, and someone whom I thought would be dear to Ravens fans.
If Polamalu went to another team I would, oh wait...he'll never do that :ThmbUp:

cj's dad
11-12-2013, 09:28 PM
You almost sound excited or happy...why?

Reed was the right hand man, if you will, to Ray Lewis for over a decade.
A part of some pretty damn good teams, and someone whom I thought would be dear to Ravens fans.
If Polamalu went to another team I would, oh wait...he'll never do that :ThmbUp:The call in shows here were bitchin' about the ravens could not afford Reed and Boldin due to Flacco's big contract. Both Boldin and Reed are done IMO. Ed's being cut simply solidified my opinion that his playing days are over, much like Boldins.

I love Ed and all that he did for Baltimore but when it's over, it's over.

Robert Goren
11-12-2013, 09:33 PM
I believe he had 8 million reasons for moving to Houston for a year.

PhantomOnTour
11-12-2013, 09:57 PM
The call in shows here were bitchin' about the ravens could not afford Reed and Boldin due to Flacco's big contract. Both Boldin and Reed are done IMO. Ed's being cut simply solidified my opinion that his playing days are over, much like Boldins.

I love Ed and all that he did for Baltimore but when it's over, it's over.
I hear ya' - the QB is king.
Ed is one of those instant Hall Of Famers that deserves respect.
Troy is basically finished also, but it would kill me to see him in another team's uniform.
Maybe Baltimore will sign Reed for a day so he can retire a Raven :ThmbUp:

wiffleball whizz
11-12-2013, 10:14 PM

I know u been saying Raymond rice is done......u couldn't be anymore correct on that one

ronsmac
11-12-2013, 10:28 PM
That surgery he had so close to the begining of the season couldn't have helped.

Valuist
11-13-2013, 10:11 AM
When you, as a player, rip your coaching staff, there's a decent chance there will be repercussions. And there were.

thaskalos
11-13-2013, 12:25 PM
When you, as a player, rip your coaching staff, there's a decent chance there will be repercussions. And there were.

The twilight of your career is not the right time for ripping your coaching staff.

Robert Goren
11-13-2013, 12:31 PM
The twilight of your career is not the right time for ripping your coaching staff.It is if you got your money up front.

Valuist
11-13-2013, 12:50 PM
It is if you got your money up front.

Its never all up front. Not sure what his signing bonus was, but it was a 3 year contract for just under $15 million. He was in the first year of the deal, so he certainly isn't going to collect everything.

Stillriledup
11-13-2013, 01:13 PM
Eduardo will show up in New England and revive his career and become the Reed of old.

Valuist
11-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Eduardo will show up in New England and revive his career and become the Reed of old.

I would be shocked if that happened. 35 year olds aren't meant to be defenders in the NFL.

cj's dad
11-13-2013, 02:10 PM
I would be shocked if that happened. 35 year olds aren't meant to be defenders in the NFL.

You got that right- last year he had 1 or 2 impact plays as best as I can recall.

wiffleball whizz
11-13-2013, 02:28 PM
You got that right- last year he had 1 or 2 impact plays as best as I can recall.

Why aren't we at laurel right now? Oh wait my gf is here......but that even further begs the question why aren't we at laurel right now :lol: :lol:

cj's dad
11-13-2013, 08:16 PM
Why aren't we at laurel right now? Oh wait my gf is here......but that even further begs the question why aren't we at laurel right now :lol: :lol:

manana- it's not like I have anything else to do. Then again you said she was anti-social !!

ronsmac
11-13-2013, 09:55 PM
It wasn't ed's best season last year obviously, but he did have 4 picks 3 fumble recoveries, 1 td and 15 passes defended and 1 int in the super bowl. Last yr. I'd say he was still a top 5 or 6 free safety. It was hard to be 35 coming off of surgery. Webb is coming off of his 2nd knee surgery and is 7 or 8 yrs younger and until this last week , was looking like a shell of his former self.

Robert Fischer
11-13-2013, 10:19 PM
If Ed Reed doesn't say "No Mas", some of the top teams would like to have him, if even for a nickle/dime package and the locker room.

Patriots come to mind, as do the 49ers.

He's also a Louisiana native, so the Saints aren't that far fetched.

gheuks
11-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Signs with Jets and old coach Rex Ryan. Wish him well, but I think he is done. Hasn't been able to tackle for the past few years and his ball hawking abilities haven't been there.

Robert Goren
11-14-2013, 04:07 PM
Signs with Jets and old coach Rex Ryan. Wish him well, but I think he is done. Hasn't been able to tackle for the past few years and his ball hawking abilities haven't been there.There is one born every minute and this minute it is Rex Ryan.

Striker
11-14-2013, 06:18 PM
Its never all up front. Not sure what his signing bonus was, but it was a 3 year contract for just under $15 million. He was in the first year of the deal, so he certainly isn't going to collect everything.
He got $5.5M in March.

Robert Fischer
11-14-2013, 06:38 PM
Jets don't seem like an impact playoff team, if they do in fact make the playoffs.

Reed is still worth the signing in terms of positive interest in the media, and possibly with locker room leadership.

I haven't watched him play much this year, but I would guess that he can still contribute if allowed to play himself into condition and get his timing down, and if his responsibilities are more about putting him in the right place at the right time vs. pass situations, as opposed to trying to diagram strict assignments where he is a centerpiece, like he was in his prime.

Ryan is at least a good defensive coach.

Robert Goren
11-15-2013, 07:51 AM
Jets don't seem like an impact playoff team, if they do in fact make the playoffs.

Reed is still worth the signing in terms of positive interest in the media, and possibly with locker room leadership.

I haven't watched him play much this year, but I would guess that he can still contribute if allowed to play himself into condition and get his timing down, and if his responsibilities are more about putting him in the right place at the right time vs. pass situations, as opposed to trying to diagram strict assignments where he is a centerpiece, like he was in his prime.

Ryan is at least a good defensive coach.There is not time for that to happen. We are in week 11 already. He just can't get there anymore to help out in coverage. He has to cheat so much that they just run a play to take advantage of him being out of position. That's what happen when you get old in football. You slow down(either in speed or quickness or both) so much that your experience can't help make up the difference anymore.

Ocala Mike
11-15-2013, 01:31 PM
Rex couldn't pick him up fast enough! After all, what can the Jets lose here; their secondary defense is near the bottom of the league, and he probably signed for the veteran's minimum.

J-E-T-S are a lot more "happening" than the Giants.

mountainman
11-18-2013, 12:38 PM
Big contract to an old , slow guy who plays centerfield and relies on reading the q-back. Yeah. That was smart.