PDA

View Full Version : White Candidate elected because people thought he was black

jballscalls
11-10-2013, 10:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqtYQB8JmTM#t=105

This older anti-gay activist in Houston won a spot on the community college board by sending out literature to homes hinting at the fact he was black.

It reminded me of the movie the Distinguished Gentlemen when Eddie Murphy won by using the same name of the congressmen who had just died and his slogan was "Jeff Johnson, the name you know"

Marshall Bennett
11-10-2013, 12:06 PM
I saw this on the local news here Friday. The mailers he sent out featured black families and black leaders, but no pictures of him.
Call it a political snow-job. :lol:

TJDave
11-10-2013, 12:22 PM
One can never go wrong by overestimating the stupidity of voters.

JustRalph
11-10-2013, 05:09 PM
I think he proved a significant point.

TJDave
11-10-2013, 06:12 PM
I think he proved a significant point.

Which was?

HUSKER55
11-10-2013, 06:40 PM
VOTE FOR ME!:D

JustRalph
11-10-2013, 06:41 PM
Which was?

what do you think it is Dave?

TJDave
11-10-2013, 06:52 PM
You said there was a significant point. I don't see it.

It's not that voters automatically voted for someone they thought was black. The incumbent was black.

JustRalph
11-10-2013, 06:59 PM
You said there was a significant point. I don't see it.

It's not that voters automatically voted for someone they thought was black. The incumbent was black.

I think it proves that most of them didn't even know who they were voting for, as in had no knowledge of who they were voting for................

This guy only won by 26 votes. Out of 35k cast. He proved a point. Voters often don't know a damn thing about the candidate and use some weird logic or are just voting to vote in one race or another and just start pulling levers in others. I would have to downplay the black angle. It's being overblown I think.

Be careful..........they are out there. And they are deciding your future.

Marshall Bennett
11-10-2013, 07:49 PM
They probably already have, and the walls are tumbling down around us because of it.

The Judge
11-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Could someone tell me where is the News, it's direct mailer. It's meant for a targeted group.

Are you telling me that no one in Texas has ever done a direct mailer before? This is in the News Station mind , maybe Dave Wilson's and the loser, but why anyone else would think this is something worthy of mention is beyond me.

Then again I could be wrong maybe this is a first in the Lone Star State.

Just an aside "if there is no picture of him on the flyer, does the fact that he won become the proof that he tricked the Black people? "

That's what "he" did, there is no evidence as to what back people did or didn't do.