PDA

View Full Version : CNN throws in the towel

JustRalph
11-10-2013, 06:21 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/11/08/CNN-Throws-In-Towel-moves-away-from-news

They can no longer win at news. Moving toward being the next Discovery channel.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.........

Next up.......MSNBC becomes "The make-up channel" or maybe "The Prison Channel" they run more episodes of "Lock up" every week

HUSKER55
11-10-2013, 09:00 AM
:lol: :lol:

the end of Big Ed, Rev Al......what will the libs do now.

The votes are in....Fox News wins with confidence.

let us all remember to play nice with the libs on this board...:D

Clocker
11-10-2013, 10:17 AM
Next up.......MSNBC becomes "The make-up channel" or maybe "The Prison Channel" they run more episodes of "Lock up" every week

MSNBC officially threw in the towel in June:

In a Monday interview with the New York Times, MSNBC president Phil Griffin essentially told viewers that they were right to go somewhere else for breaking news, since that was not what MSNBC is about.

"We're not the place for that," he said. "Our brand is not that."

Article here. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/03/msnbc-breaking-news-phil-griffin_n_3377700.html)

ArlJim78
11-10-2013, 10:25 AM
MSNBC should become the first Mental Illness Channel.
Not a huge format change for them, as they could keep most of the current anchors.

horses4courses
11-10-2013, 10:30 AM
Who still relies on television for breaking news?

Nothing like Breitbart for a balanced viewpoint........ :lol:

DJofSD
11-10-2013, 10:33 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/11/08/CNN-Throws-In-Towel-moves-away-from-news

When Anthony Bourdain shows up as a staple you know something has changed.

FantasticDan
11-10-2013, 11:27 AM
The votes are in....Fox News wins with comedians.FTFY :ThmbUp:

Greyfox
11-10-2013, 11:41 AM
CNN has been suffering for awhile.
That's why they recruited Jake Tapper several months back.
They've tried to "spice up" their shows with a host and 3 to 6 panelists debating news/ politics every hour.
Unfortunately, the group sessions generally see each of the panelists trying to talk over one another without listening to what is being said.
I find the infighting a real turn off, with the exception of Crossfire, where I enjoy the contributions of Stefanie Cutter for the left, and Newt Gingrich for the right.
Otherwise, I'm personally tired of seeing Candy Crowley, John King, and Gloria Borger who are all referred to as Senior something or others. Same old, same old.

FantasticDan
11-10-2013, 11:47 AM
I find the infighting a real turn off, with the exception of Crossfire, where I enjoy the contributions of Stefanie Cutter for the left, and Newt Gingrich for the right.There's only one Crossfire worth a damn, and that's the legendary old-school Crossfire with Tom Braden and Pat Buchanan.. :ThmbUp: ;)

yY4IuUByd_I

Saratoga_Mike
11-10-2013, 12:16 PM
There's only one Crossfire worth a damn, and that's the legendary old-school Crossfire with Tom Braden and Pat Buchanan.. :ThmbUp: ;)

Half agree - I preferred Buchanan and Michael Kinsley. I rarely agreed with Kinsley, but he was always intellectually consistent and honest. At times, he would get so infuriated with Buchanan I thought the veins in his neck were going to pop.

Can CNN make anymore bad decisions? Let's put Kathleen Parker together with Eliot Spitzer, and hell let's have them sit right on top of each other (I'm sure that's what Kathleen wanted). Let's hire Erin Burnett - yeah, can't miss. The fact that she can't stop smirking when discussing matters like nuclear weapons doesn't mean anything. Let's hand over the Sunday morning show to Candy Crowley, who on a personal level seems like a nice lady, but she has no business doing that show. And let's replace Larry King with someone people really can't stand. But the greatest sin was cancelling Capital Gang, which featured the late and great Bob Novak.

johnhannibalsmith
11-10-2013, 01:10 PM

Can CNN make anymore bad decisions? Let's put Kathleen Parker together with Eliot Spitzer, and hell let's have them sit right on top of each other (I'm sure that's what Kathleen wanted). Let's hire Erin Burnett - yeah, can't miss. The fact that she can't stop smirking when discussing matters like nuclear weapons doesn't mean anything. Let's hand over the Sunday morning show to Candy Crowley, who on a personal level seems like a nice lady, but she has no business doing that show. And let's replace Larry King with someone people really can't stand. But the greatest sin was cancelling Capital Gang, which featured the late and great Bob Novak.

Pretty good summation. One bad move after another at that place.

NJ Stinks
11-10-2013, 01:40 PM

Since what I had just written was lost on my computer, here's the short version:

1. The Internet has hurt CNN greatly. People don't need the cable TV station to get breaking news or any news for that matter.

2. FOX News appeals to a certain older audience that wants/needs to be reassured that they are the "real Americans" and "patriots" in the good old USA. FOX News makes a nice profit providing a daily dose of red meat for this particular TV audience.

3. CNN has no such audience. Most people in this country are less passionate about politics and don't have the time to watch even if they were.

4. This Brietbart article is a joke. Anybody who believes that CNN is being beaten by FOX News in the ratings because CNN's "reputation" has taken a beaten in recent years deserves to get their news from Breitbart & FOX News.

As an aside, I'm disappointed that CNN is now copying FOX News by employing more "babes" to put on their TV screen. Does anybody think a Candy Crowley look would get an opportunity at CNN or FOX News today? :rolleyes:

Dave Schwartz
11-10-2013, 02:24 PM
I believe that CNN has always had "babes."

In fact, they are famous for that, at least in the last 20 years or so. I think that "The Naked News" had an impact on television anchor prettiness back when it was a free channel.

LOL - I will never forget when a friend sent me the URL to the original website. I about fell out of my chair when confronted with a pair of... uh... boobs doing the news.

TJDave
11-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Does anybody think a Candy Crowley look would get an opportunity at CNN or FOX News today? :rolleyes:

Her parents should be sued for misrepresentation.

ArlJim78
11-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Fox wins with all age groups. they have more interesting shows, period.
I'd prefer Anderson Cooper over Shep though. Jake Tapper is also good.
Greg Gutfeld is a big draw at Fox. No other network has shows on par with The Five or Redeye.
with that said, I seldom watch any of them, and I liked the old Kinsley/Buchanan crossfire or even The McLaughlin Group.

JustRalph
11-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Who still relies on television for breaking news?

Nothing like Breitbart for a balanced viewpoint........ :lol:

Really? The bad news is coming directly from the guts who run CNN...

Did you miss the meat of the story? It's directly quoting the network execs!!

"We are investing at CNN, part of a strategic decision to broaden it beyond politics and breaking news,” Time Warner C.E.O. Jeff Bewkes said on a call with investors. “These programming investments will put pressure on its margins, but will bring new advertisers to CNN.”

In fact Time Warner C.F.O. John Martin—who will take over Turner Broadcasting in January—cautioned investors that as a result of the investments, CNN may not see income growth for years.

“Financially, we don't break out network by network, but I will tell you directionally, CNN’s operating income this year is down, and that is because of proactive decisions by [CNN president] Jeff Zucker and the new team there to try and invest in the programming in many, many dayparts,” Martin said. “Going forward, we will continue to evaluate what the right level of investment is for CNN. The expectation is going to be on a multi-year basis this thing is going to go back to growth.”

They're 2 years from running I love Lucy re-runs :lol:

FantasticDan
11-10-2013, 06:18 PM
They're 2 years from running I love Lucy re-runs :lol:Which would still qualify as more serious programming than Fox News.. :p
(JustRalph throws open the door) "Hannity! I'm home!!" :ThmbUp:

HUSKER55
11-10-2013, 06:42 PM
HEY DAVE,

those boobs were Big Ed and Reverend Al :D

JustRalph
11-10-2013, 06:45 PM
Which would still qualify as more serious programming than Fox News.. :p

you tie me up way too closely with Fox. In fact I can't remember the last time I watched Hannity. I pretty much stopped watching all of it after the election. And Hannity is my least fav.

I haven't watched O'Reilly in years..... I did catch an episode of Megyn Kelly's new show when it first started. Just to see what it would look like.

But I rarely watch them. Maybe that will increase during the election. I get most of my news and info from online sources. which is much more fun.

dartman51
11-10-2013, 09:00 PM
you tie me up way too closely with Fox. In fact I can't remember the last time I watched Hannity. I pretty much stopped watching all of it after the election. And Hannity is my least fav.

I haven't watched O'Reilly in years..... I did catch an episode of Megyn Kelly's new show when it first started. Just to see what it would look like.

But I rarely watch them. Maybe that will increase during the election. I get most of my news and info from online sources. which is much more fun.

The problem is, JR, the schmucks on the left, don't know what a news program is. When you talk about Fox News, they immediately bring up Hannity, O'Reilly,or Greta. They're too dim to realize that these shows are NOT news programs. They do talk about news items, and give their OPINION on them, but that is it. It would be no different than calling the OPINION page of the NY Times, a NEWS SOURCE. When Fox gets voted year in, and year out, as the MOST TRUSTED SOURCE for news, They are NOT talking about ANY of the prime time shows. :D

Robert Goren
11-11-2013, 08:12 AM
The problem is, JR, the schmucks on the left, don't know what a news program is. When you talk about Fox News, they immediately bring up Hannity, O'Reilly,or Greta. They're too dim to realize that these shows are NOT news programs. They do talk about news items, and give their OPINION on them, but that is it. It would be no different than calling the OPINION page of the NY Times, a NEWS SOURCE. When Fox gets voted year in, and year out, as the MOST TRUSTED SOURCE for news, They are NOT talking about ANY of the prime time shows. :DIf you watch the news shows Fox during the day you will find a very strong bias in their coverage of political stories. They truly are the MSNBC of the right.

Capper Al
11-11-2013, 09:16 AM
MSNBC officially threw in the towel in June:

Article here. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/03/msnbc-breaking-news-phil-griffin_n_3377700.html)

Not Morning Joe? He's my favorite.

Tom
11-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Which would still qualify as more serious programming than Fox News.. :p

Apples and oranges.
Hannity is NOT a news show.
Try comparing Fox NEWS programs to CNN NEWS program.

DJofSD
11-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Apples and oranges.
Hannity is NOT a news show.
Try comparing Fox NEWS programs to CNN NEWS program.
A simple explanation exists as to why liberals can not differentiate between real news and programs like Hannity's or Stewart's. They know it all therefore nothing is new to them.

Dave Schwartz
11-11-2013, 10:58 AM
I suggest that the problem is not the people watching the news. The problem is the people presenting the news.

There is simply nothing left of journalistic integrity.

Truth takes a back seat to what drives ratings.

What drives ratings is saying what people want to hear.

So, you pick your audience and you speak to it, saying what they want to hear, with a splash of truth and a side of spin to make it palatable.

DJofSD
11-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Chicken, meet Egg. Egg, meet Chicken.

classhandicapper
11-11-2013, 11:20 AM
The problem left wing television, radio shows, and newspapers/magazines have is saturation. There is so much media available with a left wing slant, it's hard to find a niche or to build a huge audience. Conservatives have always felt the media was biased (with good reason). So when they started having options other than the Wall St Journal (like Fox, talk radio, internet) they all flocked to the same location.

HUSKER55
11-11-2013, 04:22 PM
CNN made the decision to throw in the towel. It is not working and have decided that they are going down a different road.

Capper Al
11-11-2013, 05:01 PM
The problem left wing television, radio shows, and newspapers/magazines have is saturation. There is so much media available with a left wing slant, it's hard to find a niche or to build a huge audience. Conservatives have always felt the media was biased (with good reason). So when they started having options other than the Wall St Journal (like Fox, talk radio, internet) they all flocked to the same location.

You have been programmed well by your fellow rich repubs. The repubs are having a field day with Obama. Bush W had to almost get us into a depression before they craved him up. If it is a left control media wouldn't you think that would imply that the left would have better control?

Saratoga_Mike
11-11-2013, 05:11 PM
You have been programmed well by your fellow rich repubs. The repubs are having a field day with Obama. Bush W had to almost get us into a depression before they craved him up. If it is a left control media wouldn't you think that would imply that the left would have better control?

Who is the "they" referring to in the quote above? The media or Reps?

PaceAdvantage
11-11-2013, 05:22 PM
Bush W had to almost get us into a depression before they craved him up.Are you kidding? They started CARVING him up the minute the Supreme Court rendered its decision AGAINST Al Gore. And you know this to be a fact.

In fact, I point to that moment in time as the START of ULTRA DIRTY POLITICS by the media in this country. The start of when they aggressively went after candidates they CLEARLY did not approve of.

Yes, it had happened before that, but not to this extent, and not over this length of time.

You even saw it in the photos they chose to use of Bush or other candidates they did not like. They used unflattering pix at every turn. They magnified every single verbal faux pas. And it all started after Bush v. Gore.

Saratoga_Mike
11-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Are you kidding? They started CARVING him up the minute the Supreme Court rendered its decision AGAINST Al Gore. And you know this to be a fact.

In fact, I point to that moment in time as the START of ULTRA DIRTY POLITICS by the media in this country. The start of when they aggressively went after candidates they CLEARLY did not approve of.

Yes, it had happened before that, but not to this extent, and not over this length of time.

You even saw it in the photos they chose to use of Bush or other candidates they did not like. They used unflattering pix at every turn. They magnified every single verbal faux pas. And it all started after Bush v. Gore.

So he was referring to the media (as they) - I'm a huge critic of GWB, but what a delusion view of the media (Al's).

classhandicapper
11-11-2013, 06:49 PM

OMG, I can't stop laughing.

I mean, it's one thing to disagree with someone, but this is ridiculous.

Of course the right is attacking him. It always will. That has nothing to do with what percentage of the media has historically been left or right.

Omaba is getting destroyed from everywhere right now, but only because he's been so horrific, caught in so many lies and misleading statements, wild incompetencies etc.. that if the mainstream media didn't finally come clean, they would have lost any credibility they have left with the middle. He had a free ride from the mainstream media for about 5 years. The right went after him, but that's Fox, talk radio, the WSJ, right wing internet bloggers ... That's the balance to just about everything else.

Bush got destroyed on everything from day 1 (even when he was doing things to appease some on the left that the right hated) with the one exception of right after 9/11. He was given a period where all the attacks were off the table because the country had become united from the shared loss. Bush could have turned lead into gold and the mainstream media would have complained that the price of gold was down and Bush was an idiot for not doing it sooner.

Tom
11-12-2013, 07:30 AM
AL......what the....is it mushrooms?

Capper Al
11-12-2013, 10:31 AM
AL......what the....is it mushrooms?

I love these mushrooms the indians in New Mexico share with me.

HUSKER55
11-12-2013, 04:28 PM
you could share.....:D

DJofSD
11-13-2013, 09:26 AM
CNN shifts gears, now, the New York Times seems to be losing key people.

http://nypost.com/2013/11/13/editor-exodus-continues-at-nyt/

Hmmm. What's going on here?

thaskalos
11-13-2013, 10:06 AM
OMG, I can't stop laughing.

I mean, it's one thing to disagree with someone, but this is ridiculous.

Of course the right is attacking him. It always will. That has nothing to do with what percentage of the media has historically been left or right.

Omaba is getting destroyed from everywhere right now, but only because he's been so horrific, caught in so many lies and misleading statements, wild incompetencies etc.. that if the mainstream media didn't finally come clean, they would have lost any credibility they have left with the middle. He had a free ride from the mainstream media for about 5 years. The right went after him, but that's Fox, talk radio, the WSJ, right wing internet bloggers ... That's the balance to just about everything else.

Bush got destroyed on everything from day 1 (even when he was doing things to appease some on the left that the right hated) with the one exception of right after 9/11. He was given a period where all the attacks were off the table because the country had become united from the shared loss. Bush could have turned lead into gold and the mainstream media would have complained that the price of gold was down and Bush was an idiot for not doing it sooner.

Yeah...his popularity reached its highest point right after 9/11.

I wonder if it was that brilliant strategy he used...when he told the terror-stricken nation to "go to Disney World in Florida"...even as our troops were getting ready for war.

What a statesman... :ThmbUp:

Let's not use Obama's own incompetence or deceit to excuse Bush for his.

They both deserve all the criticism they've gotten.

tucker6
11-13-2013, 11:18 AM

On this I can agree wholeheartedly.

classhandicapper
11-13-2013, 11:50 AM
Yeah...his popularity reached its highest point right after 9/11.

I wonder if it was that brilliant strategy he used...when he told the terror-stricken nation to "go to Disney World in Florida"...even as our troops were getting ready for war.

What a statesman... :ThmbUp:

Where did I say Bush didn't deserve criticism?

I thought he was probably the worst president of my lifetime, until Obama of course.

Here's a guy that was was simultaneously getting trashed by the left for being an extreme conservative while implementing programs that the left loved and the right hated. Not to mention lying us into a war. He was an idiot.

But this isn't a debate about who was worse. It's a debate about the fairness and bias of the mainstream media.

Bush was relentlessly and unfairly treated by the mainstream media at times. There is no comparison between how he was treated compared to Obama or just about any other president I can recall.

If Bush had Obama's record, there is no chance he would have gotten reelected like Obama did and he would have been attacked non stop for 5 years straight. Obama has been treated with kid gloves despite non stop lies and relentless incompetence.

thaskalos
11-13-2013, 11:55 AM
Where did I say Bush didn't deserve criticism?

I thought he was probably the worst president of my lifetime, until Obama of course.

Here's a guy that was was simultaneously getting trashed by the left for being an extreme conservative while implementing programs that the left loved and the right hated. Not to mention lying us into a war. He was an idiot.

But he was also relentlessly and unfairly treated by the mainstream media. There is no comparison between how he was treated relative to Obama. if Bush had Obama's record, there is no chance he would have gotten reelected and he would have been attacked non stop for 5 years straight. Obama has been treated with kid gloves despite non stop lies and relentless incompetence.

There was plenty of cuddling by the "mainstream media" when it came to Bush too.

There were tons of questions that the "mainstream media" should have asked him about his handling of the war after 9/11...but only the "cream-puff" questions were ever uttered.

Tom
11-13-2013, 12:56 PM
I have to give them credit, CNN's coverage of the terrible disastor is the Philippines has been very good. If you watched FOX news, you would have thought it was breezy there last weekend. :ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

Tom
11-13-2013, 12:58 PM
There were tons of questions that the "mainstream media" should have asked him about his handling of the war after 9/11...but only the "cream-puff" questions were ever uttered.

Say what???
You missed the running score every day of how many died?
When is the last time you saw any mention of a death toll?
More have died in Afghanistan under Obama than Bush, but nary a peep.

TJDave
11-13-2013, 04:12 PM
If Bush had Obama's record, there is no chance he would have gotten reelected like Obama did.

Are you suggesting the voters rely on the press to tell
them how or not to vote?

How stupid would that be? ;)

BlueShoe
11-13-2013, 05:51 PM
There's only one Crossfire worth a damn, and that's the legendary old-school Crossfire with Tom Braden and Pat Buchanan
Okay, but still have yet to see anything that compared to the old Firing Line hosted by Bill Buckley for so many years. Even quite a few liberals liked it and tuned in, or so it was said. :)

PaceAdvantage
11-14-2013, 01:37 AM
Bush was relentlessly and unfairly treated by the mainstream media at times. There is no comparison between how he was treated compared to Obama or just about any other president I can recall.

If Bush had Obama's record, there is no chance he would have gotten reelected like Obama did and he would have been attacked non stop for 5 years straight. Obama has been treated with kid gloves despite non stop lies and relentless incompetence.BINGO BANGO BINGO BANG...100% DEAD-ON ACCURATE

PaceAdvantage
11-14-2013, 01:39 AM
Are you suggesting the voters rely on the press to tell
them how or not to vote?

How stupid would that be? ;)Are you suggesting that a GREAT NUMBER of voters DON'T rely on the press to shape their opinion and thus "tell them how or not to vote?"

Nah, you couldn't be saying that, as that would be insanely wrong.

FantasticDan
11-14-2013, 11:35 AM
BINGO BANGO BINGO BANGWhat are the words PA giggles when someone tickles his Bush persecution complex?

Good for a $1000! :jump: :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
11-14-2013, 04:42 PM
What are the words PA giggles when someone tickles his Bush persecution complex?Giggle? You guys sure are fascinated with that word lately? Is it because giggling is the main reaction to HealthCare.gov and the various ads promoting it?

Probably.

TJDave
11-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Are you suggesting that a GREAT NUMBER of voters DON'T rely on the press to shape their opinion and thus "tell them how or not to vote?"

Bush was attacked by the press from day one and was reelected.

Obama was treated favorably by the press from day one and was reelected.

ArlJim78
11-14-2013, 05:56 PM
was traveling this week with no computer, so thought I would tune in to FNC last night for some infotainment in my hotel room. caught the last 15 minutes of Hannity and the first 7 minutes of O'Reilly before I had to bail out. can't stand those two especially O'Reilly who has the biggest ego of them all. some of the guests are alright but the hosts are awful.

johnhannibalsmith
11-14-2013, 06:01 PM
...O'Reilly who has the biggest ego of them all. some of the guests are alright but the hosts are awful.

As true as it gets. The man has the good fortune to have a platform where he gets fantastic guests to come on and then can't get out of their way he's so busy reminding his viewers of the same bullshit he espouses night after night. Drives me nuts.

PaceAdvantage
11-14-2013, 08:52 PM
Bush was attacked by the press from day one and was reelected.

Obama was treated favorably by the press from day one and was reelected.Good point. Also goes to show how weak Kerry was...

rastajenk
11-15-2013, 06:55 AM
I think it was Evan Thomas of Newsweek who said that the effect of the media on a national election was 7-8 percentage points for the Dems. He said that during Bush's re-election cycle; I imagine it was worth more like 15 pts for The One. I couldn't find his quote on that point, but I did find this, which seems relevant:

On President George W. Bush :
“Well, our job is to bash the president, that's what we do almost —.”
— Feb 6, 2007, in response to Gordon Peterson's question: "What do you think, Evan? Are the mainstream media bashing the president unfairly?"

Who among the Washington press corps would say that now?

Robert Goren
11-15-2013, 09:50 AM
I have always thought that GOP was lucky didn't get more press coverage. If Romney had been a democrat, we would have know everything there was to know about his minister like we did about Rev Wright. I challenge all the republicans to even name Romney's minister, but you all know all about Obama's. Heaven forbid, they should look at all the strange beliefs of a Mormon unless that Mormon would happen to be a Democrat.
That is just one case.

Clocker
11-15-2013, 10:12 AM
I have always thought that GOP was lucky didn't get more press coverage. If Romney had been a democrat, we would have know everything there was to know about his minister like we did about Rev Wright. I challenge all the republicans to even name Romney's minister, but you all know all about Obama's. Heaven forbid, they should look at all the strange beliefs of a Mormon unless that Mormon would happen to be a Democrat.

I have seen no evidence that Romney allowed his "strange beliefs" to affect his professional life. Obama, on the other hand, is clearly a product of the beliefs of his long time mentor, the Rev. Wright, to the detriment of the country.

Many in this country were afraid of JFK because of his "strange beliefs". I'd suggest that "strange beliefs" are in the eye of the beholder. And perhaps best limited to the strange religious thread here that seems to have discovered perpetual motion, unless those beliefs affect others.

Robert Goren
11-15-2013, 10:29 AM
I have seen no evidence that Romney allowed his "strange beliefs" to affect his professional life. Obama, on the other hand, is clearly a product of the beliefs of his long time mentor, the Rev. Wright, to the detriment of the country.

Many in this country were afraid of JFK because of his "strange beliefs". I'd suggest that "strange beliefs" are in the eye of the beholder. And perhaps best limited to the strange religious thread here that seems to have discovered perpetual motion, unless those beliefs affect others.Cough, cough!

Clocker
11-15-2013, 10:34 AM
Cough, cough!

Hard to argue with that kind of detailed, rational explanation.

Saratoga_Mike
11-15-2013, 11:51 AM
That is just one case.

Shockingly enough, you're wrong again - the NY Times did a detailed, lengthy article on Romney and his Mormonism. Actually, at one point, he was the church leader in the Boston area. Surely you remember a few former members speaking negatively of him (Dems tried to use this against him at one point) and many speaking positively?

Finally, when you can find any church leader in the Mormon church who says "G... damn America" (ala Rev Wright), let me know. Can you kinda, sorta understand why the media focused on Rev Wright more than Mitt's direct church leaders? Think hard.

ArlJim78
11-15-2013, 12:17 PM
the Mormon stuff was covered ad-naseum by all media sources.

almost as much as the "binders-full-of-women" remark and the dog carrier on the car roof story.

meawhile a complete dunce is elected twice. YEA media!

DJofSD
11-15-2013, 12:18 PM
You left out Mitt being responsible for the women dying of cancer.

Clocker
11-15-2013, 12:26 PM
You left out Mitt being responsible for the women dying of cancer.

That's a known part of the "strange beliefs" of Mormons. If you are a polygamist, you don't worry about the occasional wife dying off.