PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR SAT. 11/09

MeSlew
11-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Hello All! For Saturday, 11/9 we have the following tracks and races on Slew's racing mind:
Aqueduct - 2,3,4,5,6,9
Hollywood - 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
Churchill - 1,2,4,6,7,8,9,10
Gulfstream - 1,2,4,5,6,8
Woodbine - 1,3,7,8
Calder - 5,8
Parx - 6,8

So with the Breeders Cup gone and the final chapter of Hollywood Park being written, another fall racing season slips into winter. Gulfstream Park's winter meet doesn't begin for another month, but I notice that Slew's listing for Gulfstream shows some life for the Saturday program. It is as if the exodus has begun just a little early. In fact, it is a busy day in Hallendale with Florida state bred races that preview the Sunshine Millions dominating a pretty nice card.

In fact, Jackson Bend makes a rare visit to the route race in the 5th, the 1 1/16 mile Millions Classic Preview. Slew lists only Cash Rules as a single in that race, running 2nd off the layoff. I may look at linking Bad Debt in the 4th with these two. Bad debt runs with Rosario in the irons off a freshening and a few strong morning moves.

We also have two Key Horses running:

Wave Theory - Aqu ( 6) 05/27/13 # 7
Silsita - GP ( 8) GP 02/02/13 # 1

Wave Theory has yet to truly prove herself but we are looking at this winter's form cycle to see if she in fact will move forward. Running for Chad Brown with Junior Alvarado up, she was last seen winning a 35K AlwOC at Belmont in September. The 2nd place horse in that contest, Industrial Policy, came back to win an allowance try at Belmont in her next start. What do they have in common? Chad trains them both. In fact, Chad also has the Irish bred Whatsdachances running in this same race and receiving some serious class relief in the process. There appears to be enough early pace here to flatter both runners. Wave Theory needs to make a forward move to beat her stablemate, but it isn't out of the question that they can finish rumps apart. I'll also note that Wave Theory ran 2nd to Descreet Marq in the G2 Sands Point and 2 lengths behind winner Silsita in the My Princess Jess at Saratoga.

Silsita fell on some hard times visiting with Grade 2 company at Saratoga and Keeneland and gets some relief here in this state bred contest at Gulfstream Park. Running for the Pletcher barn and 2 for 2 at the distance, she is outside of the field in post 9. The last time she started on the outside, she won the Gr. 2 Bourbonette Oaks at Turfway. Oddly enough, she shows no posted works since her last race on 10/19 which at 7 furlongs, may have been a setup for the coming stakes either here or in the Millions itself. Give her a good look.

Enjoy the Saturday racing...good luck and good 'capping!