PDA

View Full Version : New NY Mayor doubles down on abortion

JustRalph
11-08-2013, 02:50 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/11/06/NYC-Mayor-Elect-De-Blasio-Promises-To-Open-More-Abortion-Clinics-Wipe-Out-Pro-Life-Crisis-Pregnancy-Centers

I'm not a Religious type per se, but if there's a hell? This guy has punched his ticket......

classhandicapper
11-08-2013, 09:57 AM
I like to think that regardless of whether God created the universe or it was formed in some other way, it was formed in a way that makes it ordered, just, moral, etc... and there are repercussions for to our actions.

On that basis, I think it's likely that CA eventually gets earthquaked into the Pacific and NY gets hit by an asteroid.

DeltaLover
11-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Really sad news.

40% of pregnancies in NYC end in abortion is an extremely disappointing statistic.

Encouraging young people to select abort their unborn babies is clearly a sign of degeneration of our society in any way it can be seen..

horses4courses
11-08-2013, 10:23 AM
I'm not a Religious type per se, but if there's a hell? This guy has punched his ticket......

So, what's your point?
All of us liberal-dem bolshevik types are headed there anyways, are we not?
Cue boxcar willie.......

johnhannibalsmith
11-08-2013, 10:33 AM
My anti-abortion conservative pals need to look at the silver lining. They're giving you a fighting chance at the polls in 20 years.

FantasticDan
11-08-2013, 11:25 AM
My anti-abortion conservative pals need to look at the silver lining. They're giving you a fighting chance at the polls in 20 years.Right, doesn't this mean less future takers and voters when Obama's fat-pig daughters run for office? :jump: :ThmbUp:

LottaKash
11-08-2013, 11:39 AM
Ain't it funny how everyone who is for abortion has already been born....:eek:

spicytomato
11-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Ain't it funny how everyone who is for abortion has already been born....:eek:

yeah true dat

I believe the issue should remain with
control of ones body
and teaching the young to respect their body
enough to not allow such a decision to have to be made
in their future ,,, near or far

there is still the mentality out there
for escaping ones reality by having a child
and a baby daddy but living off the public taxes

no matter how many times Maury is on
with -- You Are Not the Father
people with limited vision will get into such situations

now rape, incest and all that other stuff
whole new kettle of beans

basically .. media media media
if a 10-30 second food ad could make you hungry
then more should be done to give them a better vision
^^^ no money in that tho^^ face it money is king

There is something wrong with society when
all in the news is about the guy that shot up a place
and the ever present.. black friday trample
than, the good people do
I personally choose to surround myself with
people that do good works

That is what should be in the public eye
then the things would change a bit<<

2cents

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Only in NYC (or select cities in California) could a guy like DeBlasio get elected...scary stuff...

classhandicapper
11-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Really sad news.

40% of pregnancies in NYC end in abortion is an extremely disappointing statistic.

Encouraging young people to select abort their unborn babies is clearly a sign of degeneration of our society in any way it can be seen..

40% is so mind boggling to me I can't even come to grips with how deep into a cesspool we have sunk.

Forget about the abortions for a moment.

Think about the number of people that are so irresponsible, uneducated, lacking in intelligence, without any sense of morality, without due consideration for life, without due consideration for the costs of their actions etc... to put themselves into this position to begin with.

Accidents happen, but numbers like this are mind boggling.

We have sunk below animals and are in such a deep hellish cesspool I can't help but want out of here. I don't even want to think of myself as part of the same species.

TJDave
11-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Think about the number of people that are so irresponsible, uneducated, lacking in intelligence, without any sense of morality, without due consideration for life, without due consideration for the costs of their actions etc... to put themselves into this position to begin with.

I have. Which is exactly why I favor abortion. These idiots should not become parents.

mostpost
11-08-2013, 03:05 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/11/06/NYC-Mayor-Elect-De-Blasio-Promises-To-Open-More-Abortion-Clinics-Wipe-Out-Pro-Life-Crisis-Pregnancy-Centers

The people who belong in Hell, if their is such a place, are the people who work at these Crisis Pregnancy Centers. They use medical misinformation and psychological pressure to force a woman to carry her pregnancy to term and they do it with no regard for the woman's mental or physical well being. And without regard for the future mental, physical or financial well being of mother or child.
According to the wikipedia page on Crisis Pregnancy Centers, counselors at the centers will tell their clients that women who have had an abortion are 30 or 50 or as high as 80% more likely to develop breast cancer. The National Cancer Institute finds no correlation between the two.
From the wikipedia page on Crisis Pregnancy Centers:
Another is the assertion of a link between abortion and mental health problems. CPC counselors are reported to have conveyed various supposed psychological consequences of abortion, including high rates of depression, "post-abortion syndrome", post-traumatic stress disorder, suicide, substance abuse, sexual and relationship dysfunction, propensity to child abuse, and other emotional problems.[1][5][11][13][24][41][42][45][46][48][49][50] Figures included a 50% chance of long-term emotional problems[41] or trauma,[1] nine in ten women suffering "post-abortion syndrome",[1] and a sevenfold increase in the suicide rate;
The truth is quite different.
Neither the American Psychiatric Association nor the American Psychological Association recognizes the existence of "post-abortion syndrome", and an American Psychological Association review of relevant studies found that "abortion is usually psychologically benign.

CPCs tell their clients that abortions carry a high risk of perforation and infection and that they greatly increase the possibility of not being able to have a successful pregnancy in the future. None of this is true-less than 0.3% of women experience complications as a result of an abortion.

Crisis pregnancy centers provide misleading information on birth control methods, on STDs, pregnancy tests, fetal development and numerous other subjects.

In August of this year, the Huffington Post sent an undercover reporter to a CPC in Manasas, Va. You can see what she learned here.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/caitlin-bancroft/crisis-pregnancy-center_b_3763196.html

LottaKash
11-08-2013, 03:34 PM
I have. Which is exactly why I favor abortion. These idiots should not become parents.

So in essence what you are saying is: On the premise that the kid may become a jerk just like the parents, that we shouldn't take that chance, and they should just "KILL IT"...AND MAKE SURE !.....Brilliant...Satan must be jumping for Joy !...:jump:

TJDave
11-08-2013, 03:45 PM
So in essence what you are saying is: On the premise that the kid may become a jerk just like the parents, that we shouldn't take that chance, and they should just "KILL IT"...AND MAKE SURE !.....Brilliant...Satan must be jumping for Joy !...:jump:

Basically. I would substitute most likely for may .

And...There is no such thing as Satan.

LottaKash
11-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Basically. I would substitute most likely for may .

And...There is no such thing as Satan.

People who think like you, scare the chit out of some of us...:eek:

TJDave
11-08-2013, 03:59 PM
People who think like you, scare the chit out of some of us...:eek:

Who is 'us'?

classhandicapper
11-08-2013, 05:18 PM

I agree with you about them not being suitable parents, but as I said in another thread, I think abortion is what I call a "band-aid" solution (and an intrinsically immoral one at that). It doesn't solve the core problem.

The core problem is that our morals have sunk into an abyss. Too many people think it's OK to sleep around indiscriminately, not worry about birth control, not worry about STDs, not worry about unwanted pregnancies, not worry about kids growing up with teenage parents, not worry about kids growing up with only one parent etc....

There was a time when if you got pregnant out of wedlock it was a family, school, church, and neighborhood scandal. We recognized that this was a bad life decision and weren't afraid to say so.

Now, if you tried to promote superior behavior or publicly frowned upon irresponsible behavior you'd come under attack (see Dan Quail).

We need OBJECTIVE standards for behavior and we need to promote superior behavior and frown upon irresponsible behavior. That's why whether you are religious or not, attacks on the church have come at great cost. Churches taught people objective standards for right and wrong, ethical and unethical, moral and immoral etc.. So more of them behaved liked civilized human beings.

If there was a Satan, moral relativism would surely be his religion.

spicytomato
11-08-2013, 05:32 PM
maybe things went crazier when
the family jewels became
their junk

can't feel good about oneself
if you do not care to cover the personal parts
one did consider precious

I can not help but believe
It has really come about with all this acceptance crap

You know.. the
oh that's how they dress now a days
oh can't tell them anything these days
Oh its just a fad, it will pass
gee, they are just sowin oats. they will grow out of it

I was a young parent
But, I realized back then
I had to raise good people to fit into society

Now my eldest is retired from 20 yrs in service
has never shamed his family
married for 20 yrs, and grandson is coming along wonderfully

youngest got enough college grants and scholarships
to cover 6 years of school without a dime of our money
going to college.. << he earned it
from the age of 2, I stood him in front of mirror and
brain washed him.. Yes brainwashed him!! LOL

Yes , my tail was whooped
up one side and down the other
but it taught me
I never touched my kids that way
I understand tho.. one must raise the young to
be a benefit to society

wish all these free to get laid people
were beaten by my moms slippers lol

TJDave
11-08-2013, 08:35 PM
I agree with you about them not being suitable parents, but as I said in another thread, I think abortion is what I call a "band-aid" solution (and an intrinsically immoral one at that). It doesn't solve the core problem.

The core problem is that our morals have sunk into an abyss. Too many people think it's OK to sleep around indiscriminately, not worry about birth control, not worry about STDs, not worry about unwanted pregnancies, not worry about kids growing up with teenage parents, not worry about kids growing up with only one parent etc....

There was a time when if you got pregnant out of wedlock it was a family, school, church, and neighborhood scandal. We recognized that this was a bad life decision and weren't afraid to say so.

Now, if you tried to promote superior behavior or publicly frowned upon irresponsible behavior you'd come under attack (see Dan Quail).

We need OBJECTIVE standards for behavior and we need to promote superior behavior and frown upon irresponsible behavior. That's why whether you are religious or not, attacks on the church have come at great cost. Churches taught people objective standards for right and wrong, ethical and unethical, moral and immoral etc.. So more of them behaved liked civilized human beings.

If there was a Satan, moral relativism would surely be his religion.

I agree, in theory, with everything you have said. The problem is that you can't legislate civility or responsible behavior.

I know that the children born out of these relationships and parented by these irresponsible and uncivil people will cost society to no end. This taxpayer wants nothing to do with them.

JustRalph
11-08-2013, 08:39 PM
I agree, in theory, with everything you have said. The problem is that you can't legislate civility or responsible behavior.

Didn't you say the exact opposite in a different thread the other day?

classhandicapper
11-09-2013, 11:48 AM

Agreed.

However, you CAN promote superior and responsible behavior.

To do so, you first have to publicly recognize that some behaviors are superior to others. Then you can try to change the culture in a favorable way.

Therein lies the problem with the left. In its efforts to protect the freedoms of people, it practically promotes irresponsible behavior. You see that in the attacks against religious people, people that share those values even if they aren't religious etc... That's why we are where we are.

If a responsible politician, media person etc.. makes a value judgement he/she is immediately attacked as a religious zealot, racist, hate monger, bigot etc...