PDA

View Full Version : via Ray Paulick 1st necropsy report

ezpace
11-07-2013, 12:00 PM
regarding #BaffertSeven horses sudden death starting2yrs ago
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-99QGOx6WgoajZpYTFtbU55NjA/edit?usp=sharing

JustRalph
11-07-2013, 05:36 PM
The link won't let me see the doc? Says I need permission?

burnsy
11-07-2013, 05:38 PM
same here. google acct.?

Stillriledup
11-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Interesting. I clicked on the Doc as soon as the OP put up the post and was able to get the doc and read it. Now, the same link won't work.

RXB
11-07-2013, 05:49 PM
The link worked for me earlier today although not now. I don't think there's much in the report that is going to be of great interest to most people. It says that there were signs of severe pulmonary hemorrhage. The horse collapsed after training rather than a race.

ezpace
11-07-2013, 06:16 PM
The link won't let me see the doc? Says I need permission?
(((((((((((((((
JR I GOT the link off of Paulicks twitter stream if that helps

JustRalph
11-08-2013, 12:30 AM
I was able to read it later tonight.

I just read the reports, every word. Damned if understand much of it.

Multiple horses with stomach ulcer, brain swelling and exploded lungs and heart. Toss in a side order of trace amounts of what appears to be rat poison or something similar and I am downright perplexed.

I hope somebody can clarify this stuff someday.

chadk66
11-08-2013, 08:33 AM
I was able to read it later tonight.

I just read the reports, every word. Damned if understand much of it.

Multiple horses with stomach ulcer, brain swelling and exploded lungs and heart. Toss in a side order of trace amounts of what appears to be rat poison or something similar and I am downright perplexed.

I hope somebody can clarify this stuff someday.
sounds like they got a bad batch of whatever the hell they were using

classhandicapper
11-08-2013, 11:04 AM
sounds like they got a bad batch of whatever the hell they were using

I didn't read it, but if that's accurate, one horse and it could be random. A series of horses and it sounds like they either ingested something toxic, were given something toxic, were given too much of something that could be toxic, or were in an environment where there was something toxic.

FantasticDan
11-22-2013, 11:33 AM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/82126/chrb-sudden-death-report-revealed

A detailed report to the California Horse Racing Board at its Nov. 21 meeting concluded that the cluster of sudden deaths from Bob Baffert's Betfair Hollywood Park barn did not have any similarities to each other and had no single, identifiable cause.

JustRalph
11-22-2013, 11:46 AM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/82126/chrb-sudden-death-report-revealed

A detailed report to the California Horse Racing Board at its Nov. 21 meeting concluded that the cluster of sudden deaths from Bob Baffert's Betfair Hollywood Park barn did not have any similarities to each other and had no single, identifiable cause.

What a load. Something is up. Just because they can't figure it out......they punt

Stillriledup
11-22-2013, 01:52 PM
What a load. Something is up. Just because they can't figure it out......they punt

Exactly. 4th and half an inch on the opponents 32 yard line, they don't go for the first and they don't kick the FG, they punt to the coffin corner and the punter shanks the ball and it goes out of bounds at the 23 yard line.

A net of 9 yards.

chadk66
11-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Exactly. 4th and half an inch on the opponents 32 yard line, they don't go for the first and they don't kick the FG, they punt to the coffin corner and the punter shanks the ball and it goes out of bounds at the 23 yard line.

A net of 9 yards.
are you taking jabs at my vikings? :(

Stillriledup
11-22-2013, 02:17 PM
are you taking jabs at my vikings? :(

:D
Wow.

Sorry Chad, if that sounds familiar, i feel bad.